Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will you be voting Labour in 2020? Watch

• View Poll Results: Will you be voting for Labour?
    Yes
    40.59%
    No
    59.41%

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by DauntlessOne)
    Why not vote UKIP, they have replaced Labour, as the people's party and the working class party. Due to Blair (Iraq invasion for personal gains), Brown (useless jobsworth), Milliband (Just plain ridiculous) and Comrade Corbyn (Makes Karl Marxs look right-wing), Labour is finished. There are no reputable Labour MPs left, that can simultaneously unite the party and listen to the voters.

I myself would never vote Tory, based on the fact that, they are nothing more then greedy businessmen, self concerned and represent a social class that only 5% of the population are apart of. I would strongly advice you all to look past the media's prejudice against UKIP and strongly consider voting for them.
    I admit that Blair was not good for Labour's appeal to the working class but in recent years they have shifted left again to their traditional roots so I hope that the working class and other left wing people make a wise choice when choosing between a party that can improve their standard of living and a racist party that wants to get immigration as close to 0 as possible.

I realise UKIP are nowhere near as bad as some people (like me ) make them out to be but there are certainly some apsects of UKIP that I find quite repulsive.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    I admit that Blair was not good for Labour's appeal to the working class but in recent years they have shifted left again to their traditional roots .
    Which is why last year the Tories gained 24 seats and labour lost 26, and are currently on track to lose even more?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Which is why last year the Tories gained 24 seats and labour lost 26, and are currently on track to lose even more?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If Corbyn resigns/gets ousted, it shouldn't lose too many, if any.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I admit that Blair was not good for Labour's appeal to the working class but in recent years they have shifted left again to their traditional roots so I hope that the working class and other left wing people make a wise choice when choosing between a party that can improve their standard of living and a racist party that wants to get immigration as close to 0 as possible.

I realise UKIP are nowhere near as bad as some people (like me ) make them out to be but there are certainly some apsects of UKIP that I find quite repulsive.
    I can assure you now that the poor have not been leaving you simply because they want you to nationalise a few stuff and tax the rich. Indeed, class dealignment has occurred since the 70's.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Just threw the current polling into electoral calculus, with the current seats we get 4 changes, Thurrock goes purple, Ynys Mon to Plaid (from Lab), Chester turns Blue, and the Lib Dems just get back Cambridge. The more interesting is using the 2013 proposed 600 constituency setup, we would have the Tories still on 330, but Labour would drop to about 190 after removing Scotland (Altough if including Scotland predictions based on May this year it changes to 315/217 and some Tory wins in Scotland)

ReputationRep:
    Just threw the current polling into electoral calculus, with the current seats we get 4 changes, Thurrock goes purple, Ynys Mon to Plaid (from Lab), Chester turns Blue, and the Lib Dems just get back Cambridge. The more interesting is using the 2013 proposed 600 constituency setup, we would have the Tories still on 330, but Labour would drop to about 190 after removing Scotland (Altough if including Scotland predictions based on May this year it changes to 315/217 and some Tory wins in Scotland)
    How did you work that out? Is there an electoral calculus prediction website or something?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by similarBlank)
    How did you work that out? Is there an electoral calculus prediction website or something?
    That's what electoral calculus is, at least in the context: http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/userpoll.html

Note that it has a certain percentage for NATs which it doesn't show but includes anyway
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    That's what electoral calculus is, at least in the context: http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/userpoll.html

Note that it has a certain percentage for NATs which it doesn't show but includes anyway
    I'm not sure how reliable that thing is though.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm not sure how reliable that thing is though.
    If you plug the 2015 results into the 2010 predictor it's pretty close, not tried any other sets though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I can assure you now that the poor have not been leaving you simply because they want you to nationalise a few stuff and tax the rich. Indeed, class dealignment has occurred since the 70's.
    Social stratification has been around a lot longer then the 1970's, I can assure you of that, the Conservative party has just revived it in recent times. Social classes and why our culture and public are so obsessed with it is because, that why of thinking has been around for centuries and continues to this day. None more rampant so then in university, pompousity and arrogance among it's more "educated" students.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by DauntlessOne)
    Social stratification has been around a lot longer then the 1970's, I can assure you of that, the Conservative party has just revived it in recent times. Social classes and why our culture and public are so obsessed with it is because, that why of thinking has been around for centuries and continues to this day. None more rampant so then in university, pompousity and arrogance among it's more "educated" students.
    How long has it been around then?

ReputationRep:
    How long has it been around then?
    Well I can't give you an exact date. But people have been trying to better themselves and their families, to improve their social status since the Middle Ages. Especially during the colonial era, during the discovery of the new world and the opportunities that came for the people willing to seek it.

ReputationRep:
    Too early to say.
    It depends who is the most REMAINee of the candidates within my constituency.

Left, right and centre have lost all meaning.

ReputationRep:
    Vetinary scientists would need to develop a horse considerably wilder than what we currently have available. But even then............

ReputationRep:

It isn't much of a choice between one party who want to stop Poles coming here who want to work and the other being content to support Proles that don't want to. I may have a little editorial licence in simplifying the UKIP and Momentum philosophies
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by viffer)
    It isn't much of a choice between one party who want to stop Poles coming here who want to work and the other being content to support Proles that don't want to. I may have a little editorial licence in simplifying the UKIP and Momentum philosophies
    I'm guessing you support UKIP
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    If Corbyn resigns/gets ousted, it shouldn't lose too many, if any.
    It'll get savaged. The traitor that gets in won't be able to win the respect of the party or the country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    It'll get savaged. The traitor that gets in won't be able to win the respect of the party or the country.
    Labour couldn't run a bath atm, let alone the country.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Except there are nearly 4 years for the corbynistas to say "**** this I'm off" and most of the country will think "thank God Corbyn is gone!"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    I'm in a sort of flux at the moment due to the EU referendum.

I am very curious what a brexit Tory government (preferably under Gove) would achieve. I also dislike Corbyn (but want to see what would be proposed by McDonnell/ I'm a big universal income fan)

I think of s general election were called today I would hesitantly vote lib dem - hope for a brexit Tory win and then pending on whether brexit is a failure or not lump myself in with the Tories (having been proved wrong) or with the resurgent pro EU labour/liberal faction (having been proved right)

You're favourite response to anyone who disagreed with you was they only read the Daily Mail and are now saying you dislike Corbyn - either because you hate social equality or believe media headlines.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.