Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else laugh at people who put their career over everything watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Meritocrat)
    Stay cool bro and keep sniping :yep: و︻̷┻̿═━一
    Your comment reminded me of my Xbox motto back in the COD4/MW2 days that was "snipers get more head!" :laugh: #throwback

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    I'd swap for Astro A40s + razor keyboard + blue yeti mic & couple better monitors. :
    I've got a Razer keyboard though so comment approved :yep:
    Corsair ftw :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 559176

u jelly? :dance:
    What is this? How much is it?

ReputationRep:
    I don't we all have to make sacrifices. Good on them. But when it comes to women who put their career first and then want/ or expect to have a family like in their late 40s or even older I'm not so keen on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    Your comment reminded me of my Xbox motto back in the COD4/MW2 days that was "snipers get more head!" :laugh: #throwback
    Lel good one :lol:

I miss those days of COD when I was crawling through the corn field outside an abandoned farmhouse waiting for a shot or killing dogs in the snow.

But then we had zombies and robots and probably robot zombies. I don't find them as fun anymore. Multiplayer is still okay though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsapRocky)
    I laugh at these people its sad really that peoples main goal in life is getting ahead in their career and having a fancy job title and a nice looking computer to use at work. Unless you are doing a job saving lives, whats the point? Who are you really helping? Who will remember what a great employee you were in 100 years time?
    End of the day youre gonna die and be forgotten about and your NI number will be recycled for the next slave. I just laugh at some of the people at work slaving away at the office churning out numbers thinking this is as good as it gets.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's the alternative? Sitting on your arse doing nothing all day? Surely working is better than being unemployed?
    People care about their careers so that they can live securely.

I think I somewhat understand what you're trying to say, for example some family memebers of mine work morning until night without much time for anything else, but this could have been worded better rather than sounding bitter. Direct your neggy vibes at people who don't work out of choice and claim benefits from the taxpayers who do work so hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    What is this? How much is it?
    Right click search google for image and you should find out.

However, unless you are doing really important computer work three monitors is probably overkill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    Corsair ftw :mmm:

Best stay away from that edge. You might hurt yourself :ninja2:

ReputationRep:
    I never understood those types of people, for me as long as I have a nice comfy job, a house and a car and 2 holidays a year then that's enough for me. Never understood those who spend £thousands on a watch if I had that much money to splash on a watch I'd donate it instead knowing that there are others who can't afford food.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Jee1)
    I never understood those types of people, for me as long as I have a nice comfy job, a house and a car and 2 holidays a year then that's enough for me. Never understood those who spend £thousands on a watch if I had that much money to splash on a watch I'd donate it instead knowing that there are others who can't afford food.
    Because some people want to achieve great things in their career and not just settle for the status quo? Maybe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OP's mad because he doesn't have his name on the door like I do.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Reeks of envy. I'll take my career over being jealous and petty any day.

ReputationRep:
    People have different goals and aspirations, and to laugh or belittle anybody about their goal for life is ignorant and immature.

ReputationRep:
    Right click search google for image and you should find out.

However, unless you are doing really important computer work three monitors is probably overkill.
    Got three and have no regrets. Been told it's overkill many times but it's difficult to see how useful it is until you've tried it.

Anyway, getting back onto topic, I don't have any issue with people who have relentless ambition. I'm too young to say I've achieved anything myself but am constantly told I'm like this as I obsess over school work and sacrifice a lot for it. Those aren't my own words. At the end of the day, people should be able to prioritise as they choose as long as they aren't harming anyone. The only way I can see this being the case is when kids or other family members are neglected.

Personally I find extreme ambition to be highly attractive and a desirable quality. I'd definitely prefer it to laziness. People who work hard and want to make something of themselves will have satisfaction and achievement as their reward. A lot of the time, only they themselves can see this and there's nothing wrong with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M451)
    Got three and have no regrets. Been told it's overkill many times but it's difficult to see how useful it is until you've tried it.
    I have tried triple monitors before because I do programming but because I am quite compact and don't Skype, game, etc. there is a lot of empty space and it just seems unnecessary. Of course it is just personal preference and it may work for you.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I laugh at these people its sad really that peoples main goal in life is getting ahead in their career and having a fancy job title and a nice looking computer to use at work. Unless you are doing a job saving lives, whats the point? Who are you really helping? Who will remember what a great employee you were in 100 years time?
    End of the day youre gonna die and be forgotten about and your NI number will be recycled for the next slave. I just laugh at some of the people at work slaving away at the office churning out numbers thinking this is as good as it gets.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have fun on benefits then you peasant

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's not about a fancy job, it's about being financial secure and not being on benefits. The reward is greater when you work for it and have a nice little best to return to when you retire. Putting in time for a career pays off. To answer your question I do not think it is funny.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I laugh at these people its sad really that people's main goal in life is getting ahead in their career and having a fancy job title and a nice looking computer to use at work. Unless you are doing a job-saving lives, what's the point? Who are you really helping? Who will remember what a great employee you were in 100 years time?
    End of the day you're gonna die and be forgotten about and your NI number will be recycled for the next slave. I just laugh at some of the people at work slaving away at the office churning out numbers thinking this is as good as it gets.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    let me break this down
    well the point in my case is 17 watches, 2 houses, 12 cars, a jet ski, a helicopter, a lot of jewellery pieces and a diet rich in vintage cognac and Cohibas
    who do I help well my customers who get a good saving on retail prices and the guys who get paid when I spend another few grand
    simply don't be an employee, don't be a generic goon be an original model who people want to copy

ReputationRep:
    I mean....no?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.