The Student Room Group

How to tone up my breasts to look 'Normal' with exercises

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blitterflicker
I'm a woman, and unfortunately for me I have 'Saggy' breasts at the age of 19. I don't know why, but they have always been like this. It's basically the skin from under my armpits kind of connects to my breasts resulting in them appearing saggy.

They are too heavy for a normal bra, I'm a 28D and overweight, even when I was average weight I had fat there however I never attempted to tone it up. What can I do? I am very insecure about this, and I know I will get some users making fun but for the people who are on here to help. Please be honest with me, can I tone it up and make my breasts normal?

The reason why they are too heavy for a normal bra is because the bra has to carry more than just my breasts, but also the fat underneath my armpits. This makes a bra only last a few months before it starts hanging down because of the weight it has to support. I really can't get surgery done, are there any exercises that can help me get rid of the fat under my armpits or tone it up?

One exercise in particular is swimming and da da.. funnily enough breast stroke is fantastic for toning and tightening.. go with a friend and have a casual swim and a chat for an hour. Other strokes such as front crawl will be great too. Swimming moves the arms in a way like no other and all the fibres in your muscles will twitch which is great and means your getting healthy and on your way to a healthier weight.

Secondly, gym.. with emphasis on toning your arms and chest and this means back and core also!

You should see and feel a difference in 10 - 12 weeks of 1 swim and 1 gym session a week.
Original post by post-grad-u-ate
One exercise in particular is swimming and da da.. funnily enough breast stroke is fantastic for toning and tightening.. go with a friend and have a casual swim and a chat for an hour. Other strokes such as front crawl will be great too. Swimming moves the arms in a way like no other and all the fibres in your muscles will twitch which is great and means your getting healthy and on your way to a healthier weight.

Secondly, gym.. with emphasis on toning your arms and chest and this means back and core also!

You should see and feel a difference in 10 - 12 weeks of 1 swim and 1 gym session a week.

Swimming sounds more fun then gym. I'll just have to learn 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blitterflicker
It's good to hear from someone else that has the same issue, because I honestly haven't heard of anyone with the same concerns.

There are quite a few older women from where I'm from with those concerns but absolutely not that much my age... So it is kinda awkward

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Second_Beauty

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exercise should be fun and times goes faster and things are smoother with your friends involved!

Like going to a trampoline park for a few hours with a car full of friends would be good fun!

Cycling, doing cardiovascular and toning the legs is as important and beneficial to the overall result.

With the gym you should go easy and find what works for you and remember not to ignore other areas like the legs where you can gain strength for exercising like cycling.

Kettle bells classes would be fun, trying boxing would be good! Lot's of diversity and maybe indoor rock climbing! All about having a go! :smile:
Original post by Second_Beauty

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even if it is a short-term measure to see some results in a few months look at it as changing your lifestyle.

Healthy heart, healthy body = healthy mind.
Original post by littlenorthernlass
Breasts have no muscles, you cannot 'tone them up'. The only possible solution here is if you lose weight.
OP might have meant make the skin tighter, O venerable breast expert.
Even if it is a short-term measure to see some results in a few months look at it as changing your lifestyle.

Healthy heart, healthy body = healthy mind.

I am trying to. Its really pulling on some serious discipline but I will try more ! :biggrin:
Exercise should be fun and times goes faster and things are smoother with your friends involved!

Like going to a trampoline park for a few hours with a car full of friends would be good fun!

Cycling, doing cardiovascular and toning the legs is as important and beneficial to the overall result.

With the gym you should go easy and find what works for you and remember not to ignore other areas like the legs where you can gain strength for exercising like cycling.

Kettle bells classes would be fun, trying boxing would be good! Lot's of diversity and maybe indoor rock climbing! All about having a go! :smile:

Lol My friends are lazy... but they don't gain weight as easy so they are okay but I guess I'll just have to find a fun exercise buddy ! :smile:
Losing weight will resolve all these problems hun. I know people who have lost so much weight on weight watchers, as cliche as that sounds. I think it really does help. Especially because you get motivation from one another.
just lose some weight, eat healthy and exercise

you're not going to dramatically perk your boobs up or change their shape, they may look a bit less droopy if there's less weight on them though... they may not and in that case don't worry, you can get bras/bikinis which push them up and make them look good and tbh as far as anyone seeing you naked, boobs are boobs, they'd have to be pretty horrendously deformed before they became disappointing
Original post by Twinpeaks
Losing weight will resolve all these problems hun. I know people who have lost so much weight on weight watchers, as cliche as that sounds. I think it really does help. Especially because you get motivation from one another.

Yes, even my neighbour has told me about weight watchers helping him loose so much weight!
Original post by doodle_333
just lose some weight, eat healthy and exercise

you're not going to dramatically perk your boobs up or change their shape, they may look a bit less droopy if there's less weight on them though... they may not and in that case don't worry, you can get bras/bikinis which push them up and make them look good and tbh as far as anyone seeing you naked, boobs are boobs, they'd have to be pretty horrendously deformed before they became disappointing

Thank you for your response. I really do appreciate the friendly replies :smile:
I would personally suggest doing flutter kicks and any other abs/legs toning excercises. :flutterby:
Original post by Beckye_02
I would personally suggest doing flutter kicks and any other abs/legs toning excercises. :flutterby:

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't know about flutter kicks before so I'll definitely start doing more of them!
You can't be that chubby if you're a 28 band. It's probably something you notice and no one else does. Other than loosing weight overall there isn't anything you can do- breasts aren't a muscle so you can't build them up.*

Quick Reply

Latest