The Student Room Group

i played the markets again today, and made $500 virtual dollars

Scroll to see replies

So let me get thid straight, you are using only the candlestick method? πŸ˜‚ Say goodbye to your money my friend, and also unless you can produce continuous results over months on a demo, it doesn't mean anything
Reply 21
Original post by Alextaylor6
So let me get thid straight, you are using only the candlestick method? πŸ˜‚ Say goodbye to your money my friend, and also unless you can produce continuous results over months on a demo, it doesn't mean anything

No i am not ONLY using the candlestick method. I just put that out there to see if he knew what he was talking about. Apparently not.

Profit doesn't need to be sustained for months on end. You can make a million in a day, with the right impetus. Not that i have this, but you get my point??
Original post by john2054
No i am not ONLY using the candlestick method. I just put that out there to see if he knew what he was talking about. Apparently not.

Profit doesn't need to be sustained for months on end. You can make a million in a day, with the right impetus. Not that i have this, but you get my point??

Oh ok good πŸ˜‚, and it depends on what you want, if you want trade in the long run then yes it does matter imo. Just curious, what other instruments do you use? I have found bollinger bands and RSI to be the most effective for me
Reply 23
Original post by Alextaylor6
Oh ok good πŸ˜‚, and it depends on what you want, if you want trade in the long run then yes it does matter imo. Just curious, what other instruments do you use? I have found bollinger bands and RSI to be the most effective for me

Never heard of them, what are they? I am new to this by the way.
Bollinger bands give you like a running higher/middle/lower running average, and rsi tells you when something is under or over valued

Quick Reply

Latest