Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where were you this day 11 years ago? watch

ReputationRep:
    I was 7 and had just moved to England from Germany.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celloel)
    Did you watch the video? The ENTIRE video is discussing what happened to him - which was basically nothing.

Today is a day about remembering the deceased and injured - those that lost people they loved. Today is NOT about some guy whining that some kids made rude comments to him. That is him trying to get attention because of petty comments. It's disgusting.

Grow up and realise the world doesnt revolve around YOU, and that the people that matter in this are those that died. What happened to you that day - what happened to me - doesnt ****ing matter, because people were brutally murdered and injured. It's disgusting to try and make a horrific event about yourself. Absolutely disgusting.

Stereotypes toward the muslim community are NOT as bad as what happened to those in the bombings that day. Yes, stereotypes are bad, but the thing that matters a lot more about this event are those that died or injured or lost loved ones. Those are the ones we should be thinking about and remembering today, not this guy who can't get over himself.
    Yes I did. Clearly YOU didn't because he even mentions thinking about everyone who was involved. So what actually is your problem here? Hmm?

There are tons of videos out there on the internet that you may think are "nothing" but that doesn't take away the right from people to post them.

Again, your dumbass is missing the point. WE KNOW today is about the victims and their family and loved ones. He already acknowledged it. There's nothing wrong with him talking about his experience of that day whether he was there or not. Jesus Christ what's actually wrong with you lol.

He wasn't trying to make it about himself blimey. He even asked everyone to share their own experiences. So why aren't you ripping into them?

Wow you're actually an idiot lol. You wouldn't DARE tell an elderly person who may not have actually been involved in the Holocaust but was alive during the time to be quiet and not share their experience of what happened during that time. So why are you bursting your blood vessels over this dude?

ReputationRep:
    My school was in the centre of London and I believe we were evacuated to a building undergoing renovations in a nearby square in the morning. My best friend had an asthma attack because of the dust and I helped him calm down. A girl in my year was crying hysterically behind us. It's possible that this was in a different year and I am mistakenly grouping them together.

Then we were allowed to go to our sports day but we were evacuated again and I had to go home with someone else's parents because mine weren't there. It was actually quite frightening because there was very little coordination and people were basically just running all over the place. If I recall correctly I actually had to ask them myself. I remember seeing smoke in the sky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novascope)
    Do you not understand the difference between sharing your experience, and trying to make people feel sorry for you? He is stating that he had some comments thrown his way by his peers following the attacks, and goes on to drag it out and condemn these people. Where is his condemnation of the people that committed these atrocities?

Other people sharing their experiences are mentioning what they did in memorial - one person mentioning they had a candlelit vigil. That's remembering the deceased and injured. What this guy is doing is disgusting - trying to garner sympathy toward himself in a time where other people experienced death. He is trying to garner sympathy when some people are grieving for their murdered loved ones Do you not understand that?

Perhaps you're simply too narcissistic to understand it. Have a nice day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celloel)
    Do you not understand the difference between sharing your experience, and trying to make people feel sorry for you? He is stating that he had some comments thrown his way by his peers following the attacks, and goes on to drag it out and condemn these people.Where is his condemnation of the people that committed these atrocities?

Other people sharing their experiences are mentioning what they did in memorial - one person mentioning they had a candlelit vigil. That's remembering the deceased and injured. What this guy is doing is disgusting - trying to garner sympathy toward himself in a time where other people experienced death. He is trying to garner sympathy when some people are grieving for their murdered loved ones Do you not understand that?

Perhaps you're simply too narcissistic to understand it. Have a nice day.
    The fact that he uploaded this video during May and not today says a lot. It doesn't scream "Look at me, look at me" attention seeker like you're so desperately trying to prove. The video was about his experience as a kid and again, there's nothing wrong with it. Just because someone may talk about themselves lighting a candle doesn't mean he can't talk about how people treated him during this event. It's seriously not that much of a big deal, I really can't fathom why you can't understand that.

Lmao whoa, did someone slip something into your tea this morning? You're extremely dramatic. It's not disgusting, you're just being a little ***** about a harmless video posted two ****ing months ago.

I'm trying to see how this video is exactly stopping people from mourning for their lost loved ones...

Interesting you call me narcissistic when I haven't even talked about myself... You're an actual idiot. Go an enjoy summer.

ReputationRep:
    I would have been 6 years old playing around in a garden full of flowers, oblivious to the hell I was going to enter 11 years in the future: A-levels

ReputationRep:
    I was only 6, probs chillin watching blues clues or some ****. I didnt know about this until I was older as I was too young to fully understand.

ReputationRep:
    Was 7 - at the time i was never even exposed to islamaphobes or was really discriminated based on my skin colour and (as people would assume, since i'm bengali) religion. It was only when i was 12 or 13 i experienced prejudice myself. But my sisters, brothers and cousins were old enough. They were 11-18 yrs old at the time. I don't remember much - but one thing i do recall are my sisters arriving home panting because these boys were throwing rocks at them, all the way from the parks to our front gate, shouting slurs, the classic "go back to your country", along those lines. I didn't really understand at the time, just thought they were bullies.

Never heard them try anything after that incident, probably because my dad knew their dads and well...

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely, typical Muslim response for an Islamic terrorist attack, "Oh, me, me, me, feel sorry for me". Well no alright my foughts are with those lost and maimed that fateful day. Not some sympathy seeking mug, who needs to grow up. Nothing bad happened to him.

I don't see Jews, Christians or Buddists going around blowing **** up. Why? Because those religions evolved with modern times and became civilised. Muslims are stuck in the 13th century.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I remember that day very clearly. I was 7 months pregnant with my first child. I remember fearing that things would get worse around the country, and just feeling terribly sad for all the victims.

ReputationRep:
    I was almost 9 at the time, so presumably in school - Pretty sure I was told about it when I returned home.

ReputationRep:
    I was off school. I actually remember watching the news.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I probably would have finishing up year 6 and looking forward to going to Spain with my mother on holiday

RIP to all who lost their lives, may they never be forgotten

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.