Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Planning on moving out, but how?! Watch

    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donte)
    Essentially it depends on where you want to live. If you get a really cheap, less than beautiful home, you can pay it off within about 10 years (being quite frugal!). Then you have equity and you move on up from there.

    Use the help to buy scheme, and stay away from places like London. Also you can barter on the deposits - just because it says you need to put £25,000 down on it, doesnt mean you do. Call them up and try and get it lowered. Do the same for the overall price as well!
    Thanks, I don't want a big fancy home.
    Just something for me, my boyfriend, and a family member (they can't walk)

    As it would be a first time buyer, I wasn't sure on what to do haha.

    Thanks


    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Offline

    18
    ReputationRep:
    Also to people putting op down you don't actually need that much to buy a house. If 2 people are working a full time job they can pretty easily get together say a 10% deposit on a 100,000 pound house after a few months- maybe a year whilst renting in the mean time. The rest will be made up of 90% mortgage which they can pay off monthly. It's only unrealistic if they want to live in London or the south, plenty of places in the midlands and north. Okay it won't be the best house but it's the first one and can be used to get equity release to climb the ladder in future which is how it was traditionally done
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    Also to people putting op down you don't actually need that much to buy a house. If 2 people are working a full time job they can pretty easily get together say a 10% deposit on a 100,000 pound house after a few months- maybe a year whilst renting in the mean time. The rest will be made up of 90% mortgage which they can pay off monthly. It's only unrealistic if they want to live in London or the south, plenty of places in the midlands and north. Okay it won't be the best house but it's the first one and can be used to get equity release to climb the ladder in future which is how it was traditionally done

    Thank you

    I live in Manchester but the homes where I are, are fairly cheap.

    With the job that my boyfriends applied for (hopefully he'll get it) it's a really good wage, at £17 per hour, for 9 hour shifts, and 5 days a week!

    Also, I'm a fully qualified landscaper so there's loads of companies that do landscape around here.

    So hopefully it should be fairly easy to get a job.



    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Matched Betting is a good way to bring in extra money. Sure it won't overall be enough to gain a house but its still a good source of income!
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blakstar22)
    Matched Betting is a good way to bring in extra money. Sure it won't overall be enough to gain a house but its still a good source of income!
    Thanks, but, I don't do gambling/betting


    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Offline

    19
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbie1998xo)
    Thanks, but, I don't do gambling/betting


    Posted from TSR Mobile
    your loss. I do it part time along side my job and made 3k since March, its not gambling either

    anyway OT. houses in Manchester are dirt cheap, I moved from there to essex and you could essily rent a decent place for 700 a month, for that here youd only get a flat. Anyway youll need to rent first unless you have like 15-20k already for a deposit. Btw if youre going to rent and think in 5 years youll be able to afford a house, just remember unexpected costs of things and if you want to go away etc, ots all good on paper but in reality itll take longer
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joshale)
    your loss. I do it part time along side my job and made 3k since March, its not gambling either

    anyway OT. houses in Manchester are dirt cheap, I moved from there to essex and you could essily rent a decent place for 700 a month, for that here youd only get a flat. Anyway youll need to rent first unless you have like 15-20k already for a deposit. Btw if youre going to rent and think in 5 years youll be able to afford a house, just remember unexpected costs of things and if you want to go away etc, ots all good on paper but in reality itll take longer
    I just meant in roughly we'll be able to afford the house we want, we know it'll be more for other things


    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Offline

    20
    ReputationRep:
    Just rent? Why wait 5 years to buy a house outright (very dubious) - either rent now or save for a deposit and buy in a years time or so with a mortgage.*
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    Just rent? Why wait 5 years to buy a house outright (very dubious) - either rent now or save for a deposit and buy in a years time or so with a mortgage.*
    We just would prefer having our own house that's all


    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Offline

    20
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbie1998xo)
    We just would prefer having our own house that's all


    Posted from TSR Mobile
    if your username is your date of birth then you're incredibly young to be getting a house. What's the rush?*
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    if your username is your date of birth then you're incredibly young to be getting a house. What's the rush?*
    Not now, Id just like one in the next few years😊


    Posted from TSR Mobile
 
 
 
Reply
Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.