Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How will you vote in the next GE? watch

• View Poll Results: How will you vote in a GE with Corbyn, May & Farron leading the three main parties?
    Labour supporter voting Labour
    32.91%
    Labour supporter voting Tory
    3.80%
    Labour supporter voting Lib Dem
    2.53%
    Tory supporter voting Tory
    22.78%
    Tory supporter voting Labour
    1.27%
    Tory supporter voting Lib Dem
    1.27%
    Lib Dem supporter voting Lib Dem
    11.39%
    Lib Dem supporter voting Tory
    0%
    Lib Dem supporter voting Labour
    0%
    Floating voter voting Tory
    5.06%
    Floating voter voting Labour
    11.39%
    Floating voter voting Lib Dem
    7.59%

ReputationRep:
    Lifetime Labour voter. I'll be voting conservative and so will everybody else in the marginal seat I live in. Corbyn is terrible.

ReputationRep:
    Tory... I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Unless Labour splits and does something interesting i'll be hesitantly voting lib dem.

That said, I want a Brexit government to trigger article 50 and see how brexit works out and then see if i'm right or not. If I'm not , I could well end up being a tory by 2025 and being hugely embarrassed by my pro EU past. That said, I doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    UKIP supporter voting UKIP, followed by Labour since I respect Corbyn's iron plated balls even if I dislike him as a person. May is awful, and the Lib Dems want to override the referendum.

ReputationRep:
    Not a huge sample size but it is interesting that twice as many (4) of floating voters plan to vote for Labour and the Lib Dems respectively than for Tory (2)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fenice)
    Not a huge sample size but it is interesting that twice as many (4) of floating voters plan to vote for Labour and the Lib Dems respectively than for Tory (2)
    Well that's to be expected from a forum with a lefty liberal bias, I presume that the general population think opposite.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    just shy of 46 months away and you're already asking?!

ReputationRep:
    Labour as long as Corbyn is still leader. If not, I dont see myself voting in any GE for a very long time

ReputationRep:
    Voting Labour!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fenice)
    I am a nominal Labour supporter who will either vote Lib Dem or Tory assuming May wins the leadership contest and Corbyn is still in office

What about you?
    Probably conservative this time but that would also depend on what policies ukip come up with now that the original point of the party has been satisfied

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    REMAIN candidates only

Get rid of all LEAVERS.. left or right has lost all meaning in this new world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ATW1)
    I am a UKIP member and will therefore most likely vote UKIP. However, if Andrea Leadsom becomes Tory leader I would seriously consider voting Conservative instead.
    Hear, hear!

ReputationRep:
    > Never Labour under Corbyn
    > Never Conservative under Leadsom
    > Never Greens/UKIP fullstop

I could possibly vote for a Conservative government under Theresa May provided she aims to keep us in the single market, but will most likely vote Lib Dem if they promise to ignore the referendum result. Again, I would equally vote for Labour if they promised the same, but I doubt they will. The best case scenario might be the major parties splitting to form a new party that aligns somewhere in the political centre, that I could vote for. But for me, at this present time left/right is largely irrelevant when compared to a party's stance on the EU.

ReputationRep:
    It's far too soon for say for certain but there's zero chance I'll vote for Corbyn or anyone of his ilk. Labour is totally unelectable with him as leader & after seeing Angela Eagle in interviews then she's barely any better. A more centre ground leader (like David Miliband but not necessarily him) who has decent policies & leadership skills could persuade me that way should Labour ditch Corbyn.

I voted Conservative in the last 2 elections & I can't see that changing realistically regardless of either Theresa May or Angela Leadsome winning the contest. If the Conservatives fall apart or don't go in the direction I'd like them to though I'll "waste" my vote on the UK Libertarian Party if they have a candidate in my area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JRKinder)
    > Never Labour under Corbyn
    > Never Conservative under Leadsom
    > Never Greens/UKIP fullstop

I could possibly vote for a Conservative government under Theresa May provided she aims to keep us in the single market, but will most likely vote Lib Dem if they promise to ignore the referendum result. Again, I would equally vote for Labour if they promised the same, but I doubt they will. The best case scenario might be the major parties splitting to form a new party that aligns somewhere in the political centre, that I could vote for. But for me, at this present time left/right is largely irrelevant when compared to a party's stance on the EU.
    Tim Farron said in the Sunday politics yesterday he wouldn't do that.

He simply wants another referendum in which brexit option to take.

It was then pointed out to him why that would never happen by their3 commentators and Andrew Neil.

Get in it your head no one is going to overturn us leaving

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    Tim Farron said in the Sunday politics yesterday he wouldn't do that.

He simply wants another referendum in which brexit option to take.

It was then pointed out to him why that would never happen by their3 commentators and Andrew Neil.

Get in it your head no one is going to overturn us leaving

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I never said that I expect another referendum, I don't think there will be one, and I definitely don't want there to be one. All I'm saying is IF a party stood on the platform of overturning the decision, then I would vote for them. Failing that, my vote will go to whomever promises to keep us in the single market.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JRKinder)
    I never said that I expect another referendum, I don't think there will be one, and I definitely don't want there to be one. All I'm saying is IF a party stood on the platform of overturning the decision, then I would vote for them.
    Then you need to find an anti Democratic Party. Perhaps you can start one as one doesn't exist

I also didn't say you wanted another referendum I simply reported that Sunday politics interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    Then you need to find an anti Democratic Party. Perhaps you can start one as one doesn't exist

I also didn't say you wanted another referendum I simply reported that Sunday politics interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Of course in terms of raw numbers the leave campaign won democratically, anyone denying that is wrong. I just don't think it should have been a public decision in the first place given the immense level of technical economic, political, constitutional etc knowledge that the average member of the public lacks. But please, I don't want to revive this argument because it's been done to death already on here by certain users, this thread is about who you will vote for in the next GE and my original response stated this and set out my brief reasoning for doing so, you don't have to agree with it.

ReputationRep:
    I am a floating voter who would be unlikely to consider voting for either of the two main parties in normal circumstances. I might vote LibDem simply because I would like to see a coalition, or Green simply because I'm an environmentalist. There is no party that I truly identify with.

I would probably look carefully at the manifestos of all the parties before coming to a decision (though never BNP, Communist etc).

A party committed to retaining the Lords would score highly in my opinion.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by dominicw)
    I am a floating voter who would be unlikely to consider voting for either of the two main parties in normal circumstances. I might vote LibDem simply because I would like to see a coalition, or Green simply because I'm an environmentalist. There is no party that I truly identify with.

I would probably look carefully at the manifestos of all the parties before coming to a decision (though never BNP, Communist etc).

A party committed to retaining the Lords would score highly in my opinion.
    And neither the Lib Dems nor greens want the lords

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.