Robot wars is BACK!

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Is Chaos 2 coming back?
    No, the team have confirmed they're not entering a robot. Chaos 2 itself has been more or less retired since the Robot Wars Extreme 2, when its chassis got wrecked by Mr. Psycho. Even before that it was starting to show its age - I doubt many of the flippers from back then could compete with the new generation of robots. :no:

ReputationRep:
    Introduction to the upgraded House Robots, with commentary by Jonathan Pearce. :coma:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...e-house-robots

ReputationRep:
    Full list of which robots are competing, and in which heat (so don't click if you'd rather it was a surprise!)

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-...the-new-series

My predictions for each heat
    Episode 1 - Depends who faces who first. Terrorhurtz could probably take Behemoth, which could probably beat Razer, which could beat Terrorhurtz.

Episode 2 - Thor

Episode 3 - Dantomkia

Episode 4 - Eruption or Storm 2

Episode 5 - Beast

Wildcard will probably be the heat final loser from ep 1 or 4.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no. My brother was obsessed with this throughout my childhood. No one tell him!!!

ReputationRep:

I think I may of just had a nerdgasm...

I am so bloody excited

Along with 50/50, this was my favourite TV show!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Roast)

I think I may of just had a nerdgasm...

I am so bloody excited

Along with 50/50, this was my favourite TV show!!!
    Yes but Craig Charles is not the presenter I heard

ReputationRep:
    Heard about this ages ago, super psyched to finally get some footage.

Looked like Dara O'Briain will be presenting instead of Craig Charles. Glad they kept the old house robots though, hopefully we see some updates of old favourites. Hypno Disk anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Road Block!

ReputationRep:
    I'm really excited for this. I was going to start a thread yesterday.

Anyone answer me this question- Are the (modified) House Robots, the original models?
    Or are they rebuild?

I'm really worried they have taken the original models and updated them. Who should I email?

ReputationRep:
    I used to watch it, but then one of my friends told me it was staged. Is it true? xD

ReputationRep:
    I just bought the board game - it's bloody brilliant. I remember this from when I was little. My younger brother and I were bloodthirsty (or oilthirsty X3) little demons!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ordo)
    I used to watch it, but then one of my friends told me it was staged. Is it true? xD
    No I don't think so. I mean sometimes things did go wrong- controllers not working for instance but I don't think it was staged.

Sometimes the rules were bent a little for certain robots and the House Robots sometimes attacked robots more so than the others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ordo)
    Parts of the Seventh Wars were horrendously fixed, as the producers didn't want a certain competitor (Storm II) to win, but barring a few low points like that, the first run was not staged. Hopefully nothing in the reboot will be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IYGB)
    Yes but Craig Charles is not the presenter I heard
    At least Jonathan Pearce is back. Robot Wars wouldn't be the same without him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    Hypno Disk anyone?
    Not this year, I'm afraid (not enough time to update their 13 year old robot), but the team have stated they're interested in returning for later series.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Not this year, I'm afraid (not enough time to update their 13 year old robot), but the team have stated they're interested in returning for later series.
    That's good to hear. I'd be happy to see any of the old robots. Stinger, Thermidor, Firestorm, Panic Attack and so on. Especially since a good number of teams had kids helping out or even piloting. Would be cool to see some of the kids grown up and working on the robots themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HelpusPleasus)
    I'm really excited for this. I was going to start a thread yesterday.

Anyone answer me this question- Are the (modified) House Robots, the original models?
    Or are they rebuild?

I'm really worried they have taken the original models and updated them. Who should I email?
    Rebuild I believe, they look nothing like the originals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    That's good to hear. I'd be happy to see any of the old robots. Stinger, Thermidor, Firestorm, Panic Attack and so on. Especially since a good number of teams had kids helping out or even piloting. Would be cool to see some of the kids grown up and working on the robots themselves.
    Thermidor 2 will be there, looking more evil than previously.

http://robotwars.wikia.com/wiki/Thermidor_2

Stinger isn't in the lineup for this year, but they're still around (if a bit rusty and tired-looking) - there are plenty of videos of them on Youtube competing in recent events.

ReputationRep:
    I hope Matilda is as ruthless as before. :lockstock:

ReputationRep:
    No Sgt Bash?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.