The Student Room Group

At least 2 police officers have been shot during a BLM protest.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PrincePaul3015
Black people are marked for death.

The vast majority of the time by other blacks.
That's the same attitude ISIS has towards the West.
Reply 22
Original post by Fullofsurprises
This must be at least partly about Texas having crazy gun laws where people can openly walk the streets carrying deadly weapons, even in demonstrations.

Sure. If it wasn't for those damn guns whispering in our ears and telling us to commit evil deeds we would all be skipping through the meadows hand in hand singing Kumbaya.

Please don't turn this into another hollow debate about gun ownership, it's such a peripheral issue here and to constantly focus on it only drowns out the far more important and deeper discussions we should be having about the social and political climates that lead to these events.

There is more to this than guns, in the same way that there is more to WW2 two than Spitfires.
(edited 7 years ago)
0_0

Are you insane?

Nobody deserves to get shot up for doing their job. Wtf.
What good reason do you have to know that the individual officers brutally murdered here have committed such atrocities as to warrant their death?

No reason at all.

Very prejudiced thinking on your behalf and I thought you were better than that Miss. Tut tut tut.
(edited 7 years ago)
Also, with that attitude, how the **** do you actually fix the US police?

There are many US cops who serve their communities because they want to deal with crime and help people. Do we just bunk them all off willy nilly so we can start fresh?

Of ****ing course not. What madness is this.

Please slap yourself for me.
Original post by The Roast
That's the same attitude ISIS has towards the West.

Black people are only doing this because of the rampant racism in the USA police force, it's disgusting how people in the USA treat black's as subhuman and don't think twice about putting 5 bullets into them as in the case of Philando Castile, did you watch the video? The officer clearly didn't give a **** he'd just killed someone practically. I'm not black but I can understand why the black community in America is so pissed off.
Original post by TorpidPhil
0_0

Are you insane?

Nobody deserves to get shot up for doing their job. Wtf.
What good reason do you have to know that the individual officers brutally murdered here have committed such atrocities as to warrant their death?

No reason at all.

Very prejudiced thinking on your behalf and I thought you were better than that Miss. Tut tut tut.

Also, with that attitude, how the **** do you actually fix the US police?

There are many US cops who serve their communities because they want to deal with crime and help people. Do we just bunk them all off willy nilly so we can start fresh?

Of ****ing course not. What madness is this.

Please slap yourself for me.

I'm sorry, but once you realise the extent black people are dehumanised systematically in the USA you can't help but have a little bit of sympathy for movements such as BLM. Racism is a massive problem in the USA
I agree, it's disgusting how SOME Americans treat blacks, but it's a minority.

Racism in the US police force and brutality certainly do exist, but again, it's a minority.

Statistics tell us that blacks are far more likely to shoot and kill cops than the other way round. (in the US).

I can understand why they're so angry, but they are being statistically mislead.

Obama is reporting that black people are twice as likely to be shot than whites, but it is in fact the other way round.
Do you have any systematic proof of this?

Sounds a lot like feminism to me.

And no anecdotal videos of angry racist rednecks is not proof. For every one of them there are plenty of scenarios where black and whites are living together living ordinary lives.

Black culture is more influential than any other culture in the US, proportionate to the population. Black people are the stars of movies, comedy and music.

Where is your proof?

I am not saying blacks are not worse off. What I want proof of is that blacks are worse off BECAUSE other ethnicities/THE SYSTEM is actively discriminating against them for some reason to make them worse off than they otherwise would be.
Do you have any systematic proof of this?

Sounds a lot like feminism to me.

And no anecdotal videos of angry racist rednecks is not proof. For every one of them there are plenty of scenarios where black and whites are living together living ordinary lives.

Black culture is more influential than any other culture in the US, proportionate to the population. Black people are the stars of movies, comedy and music.

Where is your proof?

I am not saying blacks are not worse off. What I want proof of is that blacks are worse off BECAUSE other ethnicities/THE SYSTEM is actively discriminating against them for some reason to make them worse off than they otherwise would be.

Where even to start?

Let's start with schools in the USA, how even from pre-school black children are singled out and treated differently to white children. According to government statistics Black pre-schoolers are far more likely to be suspended than white pre-schoolers despite only making up 18% of the pre-schooler population

Sources:

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2014/03/21/292456211/black-preschoolers-far-more-likely-to-be-suspended

http://ocrdata.ed.gov/Downloads/CRDC-School-Discipline-Snapshot.pdf

By the same statistics once you get to primary through to secondary education black children are three times more likely to be suspended than white children

Black teenagers who find themselves in trouble with the law are 18x more likely to be sentenced as adults as opposed to white children and make up nearly 60% of children in prison

Source:http://www.apa.org/pubs/journals/releases/psp-a0035663.pdf

Assuming that a black child avoids getting in trouble with the law and goes on to be as academically successful as his white peers, everything should be good and hunky-dory, right? WRONG!

Black college graduates are twice as likely as whites to struggle to find a job after graduation, hence the increased unemployment figures even for educated blacks in comparison to whites.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/20/black-college-graduates_n_5358983.html

http://cepr.net/documents/black-coll-grads-2014-05.pdf

Even candidates with 'black sounding' names are discriminated against in the job market. People with black sounding names had to send out twice as many job applications just to even get a call back than those with white sounding names according to this study: http://www.nber.org/digest/sep03/w9873.html

If you still aren't convinced by this point, there is more...

Black people are three times as likely to get stopped and searched by police at traffic than white people despite on average white people having more illegal items

http://www.reformer.com/reformereditorials/ci_19992621

A black person killing a white person is 2x as likely to receive a death sentence than if the situation was reversed

Whites and blacks make up about half of murder victims yearly but 77% of those executed killed a white person as opposed to only about 13% executed killed a black person

http://sentencingproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Race-and-Justice-Shadow-Report-ICCPR.pdf

There's also the fact that black people tend to be given sentences 20% longer than white people for the same crime and black people are 38% more likely to be sentences to death than a white person for the same crime

I hope that is enough statistics for you
Times like these make feel happy to live in this country.
Nice to see that vile nation self-implode.
When I heard the news I was really saddened, aswell as by the reaction.

I can start off by saying that I think that the majority of police are no more than trigger happy officers. I also stick by the point, however irrelevant you may think it is, that if there were better gun laws then police would be less frightened with the threat of anyone reaching into a wallet and thus wouldn't trigger their shooting fingers.
Original post by jeremy1988
I live very close to Dallas.

BLM is a very radical group, and I don't like what they're doing to our country. Things have changed since Ferguson. It made us very aware that we have very different ideas about what America is and should be.

I know that not all Black people believe in this stuff, but I think this is definitely worsening racial tension in the US.

Just look at what PrincePaul above me said. That pretty much says it all about BLM and their aims. They are a genuine threat to this country, and I see them as nothing less.

what America is and should be

and how is that?

a country that caters to the need of white people only, where innocent children and adults get murdered by law enforcement by the colour of their skin?
a country where an falsely accused black man is imprisoned for 40 years and released after five years because the "the victim" told the truth.
but a white convicted rapist gets 6 months and 3 months for good behaviour.

White people love to victimise themselves and if any other race tries to get their power back, power of living and having a life its a threats against them.

YOU ARE 100% RACISTS IF YOU'RE AGAINST BLACK LIVES MATTER MOVEMENT. because you're telling us, black lives do not matter!
Original post by YaliaV
Black Lives Matter just want to create chaos and it is a racist and very unhelpful "movement". I've just seen a Youtube video where a black person was called a "coon" for daring to say that there are problems in the black community. I NEVER hear of black people outside of America complaining or any other racial group complaining. I know America is somewhat unique, but African-Americans seem to do nothing but blame other people for their problems. The bitterness is palpable and it's not going to solve anything.

Every time a black person is killed, other facts which put the blame on the person involved are ignored and the incident is labelled as racist regardless of the facts. I don't know anything about this incident, but I did hear that they were trying to disrupt pride earlier. They are a mess.

obvioulsy youre in a little bubble. other countires such as england are also protesting and fighting for their right and against racism, and most importantly institutional racism
Original post by farhiyaserar

YOU ARE 100% RACISTS IF YOU'RE AGAINST BLACK LIVES MATTER MOVEMENT. because you're telling us, black lives do not matter!

What if a black person opposes Black Lives Matter?
Reply 36
Original post by TelAviv
What if a black person opposes Black Lives Matter?

Obviously that makes them an Uncle Tom

a country that caters to the need of white people only, where innocent children and adults get murdered by law enforcement by the colour of their skin?
a country where an falsely accused black man is imprisoned for 40 years and released after five years because the "the victim" told the truth.

Way to put words in my mouth. I'm talking about BLM supporters being in favor of things like having no police, killing people, or blocking roads to ensure we live in a state of anarchy.

White people love to victimise themselves and if any other race tries to get their power back, power of living and having a life its a threats against them.

BLM is a deceptive name. Just because I oppose the Black Lives Matter movement doesn't mean that I think Black people's lives don't matter. I just consider their agenda and means of achieving goals to be quite radical and inappropriate.

And many Black people hate BLM. Telling me that I'm required to support the goals of BLM as a White person in order to not be considered a racist is incredibly low and emotionally manipulative. You're pretty much gaslighting White people at this point.
what America is and should be

and how is that?

You do not live near Dallas.
Original post by PrincePaul3015
Black people are marked for death.

I’m for fighting and resistance but it has to be done in the right way.Imagine for a moment in the city of Houston that black people just burst the tyres of non black people woke up the next day needing millions of tyres ?

Imagine if every non-black person in the city of New York, when they woke up, their doors could not open because it’s glued shut ?

So you had MILLIONS white people needing new doors and late for work

Imagine if every supermarket in every major city electric was cut off night ? And all the supermarket owners came to the store the next day and saw that all of their poultry, beef, milk and fish destroyed ?

Imagine if black people poured sugar and salt down every public transport vehicle in LA, Chicago, Detroit ?Do you know what would happen if public transportation did not work in those cities ?

Do you know what would happen if all the black men of New York would occupy the Golden Gate bridge ?Go to the bridge at the lowest point in traffic, no cars can make it on there, not even a police van, same thing with Brooklyn bridge ?

Black people HAVE TO sabotage the QUALITY of white America and that THEY KNOW that is black people doing it.We can win this war with bombs and gunsAre these minor inconveniences ? Sure.But trust me, 30 intense days of this type of sabotage (And many other I could mention) the American way of life will make them sit up and take notice

Does this mean that some blacks will go to Jail ? Of course
Does that mean blacks will be beat to the point of death ? Of course

Some of blacks will DIE

You can’t have the rain without the thunder

It’s because of this sabotage is why the Mayor of Ferguson and Batimore of last year had a more soft tone (Not because he wanted to) he had more soft tone, because he was told by the businesses “Look, we have lost a lot money and we don’t like these blacks as much as you do, but stop beaten on them otherwise that’ll rile them up”

What they did was sabotage the economic order in Ferguson to. Gas station can’t open up. Supermarket can’t open.

They can get people out of office with this momentum, and I hope they don’t stop just because they named this officer, or if this goes to trial or even if he is found guilty,

It needs to be demands“We will stop if we get X, Y, Z”Otherwise go back to sabotage again, and again and again and again and againThe revolt is not just about one black person, 100’s more will be lost, it’s not just about the loss of life, look at the quality of black lives ?

It’s BIGGER THAN THAT

Black people have to start travelling in groups. Whites have just reverted to an overt war

MORE examples of black defiance is needed to rally everyone else

Courage has an addictive quality.

Your a real piece of work. Are trying to get a lot of blacks killed? And by the way, the Golden Gate Bridge is in San Francisco, not New York.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending