Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have £5 left to last me a week - what's the most cost effective way to get food? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just go to a wholesale place and pick up a huge bag of rice and then go and buy a bottle of vitamins from home bargains

sorted

ReputationRep:
    if you want, pm me with your PayPal, I will transfer a small amount to you to help you get through.

ReputationRep:
    A mate of mine lived on £1 / day for a week. It revolved around baking your own bread for the week, lentil soup, rice, a selection of poor quality veg, dashes of Tabasco and going a little bit hungry. At the end of the week a trip for a Waitrose cake and latte exceeded his previous weeks budget.

ReputationRep:
    Go find some ramen noodles theyll last otherwise things in cans

ReputationRep:
    Can you get anyone to lend you money for the time being?

ReputationRep:
    You can survive on the stuff you already have for a week. It will be very bland (I agree and know!), but a sacrifice for the person who couldn't pay you back in time!Otherwise just go on an unhealthy diet for a week and buy cheap food that's not too healthy...like cheap chocolate which releases energy slowly. You defo should only have 2 meals a day for one week with the £5 you have left. Get bread and jam or crips or some salad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reda2)
    if you want, pm me with your PayPal, I will transfer a small amount to you to help you get through.
    That's a really nice thing to do! Yeah I admit that's a good idea. I have that idea too now! I would actually transfer you some of my own pocket money (probably like £10) for no repay back to help you get through the week.

Buy a large bag of pasta and bacon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Buy a large bag of pasta and bacon!
    That could be eaten for lunch/dinner. Cereal is a good breakfast...get milk for like £2 max and a big cereal box for max £3. Breakfast sorted..and lunch/dinner can be done with whatever ingredients you have.

ReputationRep:
    I know you're not homeless and stuff and I'm not sure if this is allowed (because it might genuinely be peak), but go to a foodbank for basic stuff you need?

ReputationRep:
    Go chase that ****boy who you lent money to, tell him to give you back your money. If he doesn't, tell the police that he stole it.

ReputationRep:
    So you gave all your money away?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Baked Beans, Toast, some pasta, stack of eggs.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.