Turn on thread page Beta

Stephen king watch

ReputationRep:
    His writing style is very idiosyncratic – in the end, you either love it or hate it. He has a tendency to ramble on a bit, but I quite like that.

Favourite book by him...hmm...to be honest, I think I've liked all of the books that I've read by him. I think my last one was 'Needful Things', which was entertaining. Everybody should read 'The Shining'. His short stories are usually good too.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone seen any of the movies that have been based on his books?

ReputationRep:
    Green Mile is a brilliant book and the movie is pretty cool as well breaking the trend of movie's of books being crap (bar the Godfather)

ReputationRep:
    Pet Cemetary was mad!

ReputationRep:
    Great author, my personal favourite is The Apt Pupil followed closely by The Shawshank Redeption.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [_Z_])
    Anyone seen any of the movies that have been based on his books?
    I've seen the Green Mile and loved it, although I've never read the book.

I've also seen the film of Apt Pupil but didn't think it was as good as the book. I couldn't help but think "I didn't realise that Gandalf was a Nazi".

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.