Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

If you don't get in to Oxbridge, does it mean you are inferior? watch

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playmaker#10)
    Since I'm not going Oxbridge can someone tell me how much a Dustbin man earns?
    In Birminham you could earn roughly 50,000 to 100,000 a year if you're lucky, **** knows why. Also, become a train driver and earn 60,000 a year for.... Sitting on your arse all day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fermat1324)
    wtf when i was 18 i got a warwick offer of AA at advanced higher with no interview. Didn't apply to Cambridge but it wouldve been interview, A1A1A1 and 1's in STEP I imagine.

Has it changed?
    Now for Warwick it's A*AA plus 1 in STEP or A*A*A plus 2 in STEP
    for Cambridge it's A*A*A plus STEP (the website doesn't say if it's 1 or 2)
    So yeah they are pretty similar

ReputationRep:
    No, of course it doesn't.

(Original post by asinghj)
    I really hope you're being sarcastic, because the best maths uni is Warwick
    Cambridge is obviously better for maths than Warwick, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief Wiggum)
    No, of course it doesn't.

Cambridge is obviously better for maths than Warwick, lol.
    Ok. I just said because that's what my maths teacher told us

ReputationRep:
    I'm an Oxford post-interview reject for engineering, and I am inferior in MANY different ways, but not because of that. I think.

ReputationRep:
    Hell no. Cambridge and Oxford are not the best universities, their staff hardly make any scientific contributions, they are only famous and said to be " the best universities in the world" because they are really old and have made prestigious contributions to science in the past and also because famous people like Charles Darwin and Issac Newton have studied there. universities like Durham , Nottingham, Manchester, Warwick and Bath are the universities that are doing cutting-edge research and teaching.

ReputationRep:
    All else being equal, yes of course. The exceptions being people who get onto a course at another uni that is better than the Oxbridge equivalent.

ReputationRep:
    I never send my future offspring to "Oxbridge"
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    I never send my future offspring to "Oxbridge"
    To be fair you don't really get a choice in the matter...

ReputationRep:
    Yes if you are heavily into education and conventional careers, with obvious special conditions like people without the money to go (if this happens) or people where another uni is actually better for their subject.

But yeah, I'd say you're inferior if you're from England and do maths at a lesser uni than Cambridge.
    That's why you can't get laid, perhaps? :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    But I can't study my subject at Cambridge. But tbh, I doubt I would have got in lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    That's why you can't get laid, perhaps? :giggle:
    maybe bro but i think it has more to do with my mental illness tbh which has destroyed my life

anyway i did say that you're inferior if you're heavily into education and go to a lesser uni. obv if you're not into education then it doesn't matter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playmaker#10)
    Since I'm not going Oxbridge can someone tell me how much a Dustbin man earns?

ReputationRep:
    maybe bro but i think it has more to do with my mental illness tbh which has destroyed my life

anyway i did say that you're inferior if you're heavily into education and go to a lesser uni. obv if you're not into education then it doesn't matter
    Excuses, excuses. I'm an emotional/mental wreck and that didn't stop me.

I didn't go to Oxbridge and still secured a training contract with one of the top law firms. And not going to Oxridge certainly didn't make me feel 'inferior' lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Excuses, excuses. I'm an emotional/mental wreck and that didn't stop me.

I didn't go to Oxbridge and still secured a training contract with one of the top law firms. And not going to Oxridge certainly didn't make me feel 'inferior' lol.
    Your ignorance precedes your arrogance.

ReputationRep:
    go **** yourself you absolute **** I have severe and enduring mental ill health. I have schizophrenia you prick.
    Boohoo, that doesn't give you the right to call people inferior just because they didn't go to Oxford or Cambridge.

And 'schizophrenia' isn't the reason why you can't get laid, either, it's your annoying attitude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragonzrmetal)
    Your ignorance precedes your arrogance.
    Aww so I'm ignorant because I don't see non-oxbridge students as 'inferior'? Good to know bruv.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    No. Oxbridge just wasn't the best for my subject. So I didn't apply by choice
    Which subject is this?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by B4LL3R)
    That includes people that never applied
    Inferior in what sense?
    At A levels?
    Academically?
    In life?
    As a human being?
    As a partner or parent?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.