Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

At what age did you stop thinking alcohol taste disgusting! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    I'm 18 and I hate alcohol and always have. I don't drink alcohol but I never really started.

Good, as alcohol can be bad for you

ReputationRep:
    I am yet to drink such liquids. Could anyone describe the taste of a particular type of alcohol for me please e.g. red wine, beer , baileys, etc.

ReputationRep:
    I've never thought alcohol tastes disgusting. My dad used to let me have a sip of his pints when I was about five, tasted amazing.

I've never liked spirits though, lager, ale and some wine is OK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsapRocky)
    All these beta males saying they dislike beer smh. Bet you all sip wine whilst doing your nails.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wine is amazing, and beer is for guys who sleep in dirty bedding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    I've never thought alcohol tastes disgusting. My dad used to let me have a sip of his pints when I was about five, tasted amazing.

I've never liked spirits though, lager, ale and some wine is OK.

I am shocked

ReputationRep:
    About 12... straight spirits & beer are still disgusting though

ReputationRep:
    Don't like the taste of any apart from Rekorderlig and Alsko

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    I am shocked
    At which bit? My dad giving me beer? It's quite common tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Never drank alcohol

Good, as alcohol can be bad for you
    Haha yeah. Not my reason for avoiding it but that's a happy coincidence I guess!

ReputationRep:
    I'm 27 and still think alcohol tastes disgusting.. The only drinks I can have for the simple enjoyment of drinking them are cider, sweet cocktails or a small bit of prosecco. Anything else is a chore to get down, not that it really stops me!*

ReputationRep:
    Wine is amazing, and beer is for guys who sleep in dirty bedding
    Wine is for women, its marketed towards females.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Captain Morgan's Spiced rum + coke :yy:

Or Sailor Jerry's, but they changed the recipe a while back and although it still tastes nice, it's not as vanilla-y as it used to be... or is it more vanilla-y? I can't remember :holmes:
    Alright, I'll note them and give 'em a try at some point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    At which bit? My dad giving me beer? It's quite common tbh.

Allowing a five year to sip beer I indeed an odd thing
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Never drunk Poteen or Everclear, huh? You won't have any tastebuds left after drinking either of them

To imply that all spirits have the same taste is disingenuous; even the same spirits have different tastes if you know what you're looking for (take whiskey, for example. There's whiskey, then there's bourbon, scotch, and some people even differentiate between whiskey and whisky [though I'm relatively sure that whisky is scotch, whereas whiskey is a catch-all term for... well, whiskey]. And all of the above taste different to gin which tastes different to rum which tastes different to vodka).

You say you only drink beer... do you mean lager or ale? Or even stout or bitters?
    Again, they've all got different tastes. I used to be all about the lager, but after having been exposed to ale I just can't go back to lager... it tastes cheap and chemically in comparison to ale.
    Lager is disgusting, much prefer exploring all the range of ales and occasional stout wherever I go. But cider tops the list, always loved it (not the crap you see advertised on TV) and love exploring the variety across the country. Occasional gin, bourbon, scotch and single malts etc. but they get expensive very quickly. Same with absinthe. Not really a fan of vodka and rum, unless it's so chilled or in a cocktail/flavoured that I can't tell anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I started liking it once I started drinking socially, probably about 15

ReputationRep:
    Allowing a five year to sip beer I indeed an odd thing
    I don't think it is. If the five year old is drinking pints or shots then yeh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsapRocky)
    Wine is for women, its marketed towards females.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What?
    Men have been drinking wine since the discovery of wine.
    Wine collectors are mostly men

ReputationRep:
    Liked alcopops when I first tried them, probably about 10. Cider about 12. Beer/wine about 16. Straight spirits, 22.

ReputationRep:
    It still tastes like ****. But I'll down straight vodka anyway since it does the job.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.