The Student Room Group

What do you mostly waste money on/ bad money habits?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reue
it is by far my single biggest non-essential expenditure. I tried to cut costs by homebrewing but that was a disaster as you can imagine what with having a 40 pint keg of beer easily accessible at all times...

Haha yeah, my old housemate was making his own mead. Was basically just drunk all the time.
Reply 21
Can i use the catch all answer of 'women'?
I literally save all my money and then blow it all on concerts and am left with nothing oops

Posted from TSR Mobile
1. Sweets
2. Lush bath products
Luxury accommodation
Clothes
Bags
Shoes
PC components (I have built one and like to upgrade it)
Reply 25
McDonalds. Specifically the caramel sundae which tastes too damn good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Food. I spend a bit too much than I need to.
Heroin

Spoiler

Original post by Napp
Can i use the catch all answer of 'women'?

haha, yeah sure.
Original post by perspectives
I literally save all my money and then blow it all on concerts and am left with nothing oops

Posted from TSR Mobile

well if they're something that mean a lot to you, and you enjoy them then it's not much of a waste. :smile:
Original post by Platopus
1. Sweets
2. Lush bath products

I suppose that's a silver lining of only having had houseshares with showers, can't spend a tonne of money on lush bath bombs. :tongue:
Original post by Pulse.
McDonalds. Specifically the caramel sundae which tastes too damn good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I love the iced coffees from McDonalds and Starbucks. Don't buy them often though because way too much sugar.
Original post by SophieSmall
I suppose that's a silver lining of only having had houseshares with showers, can't spend a tonne of money on lush bath bombs. :tongue:

But Lush do so many good shower gels, shampoos, conditioners, skin products too. I'm obsessed. And they're all so expensive :frown:
Don't spend so much anymore. Get monthly pocket money but the thing I usually spend it on would, again be, like everyone, food. Fast food, snacks etc..if I don't find anything I like at home, I'll just get something from outside.
Original post by WBZ144
Luxury accommodation
Clothes
Bags
Shoes
PC components (I have built one and like to upgrade it)

I just couldn't go for luxury accommodation. I can just about afford it but I don;t know, I just couldn't justify it at all.

I rarely buy bags, I just don't like them. I've bought literally 3 bags in the past 5 years.
Reply 35
Original post by SophieSmall
I tend to not spend much money on clothes, not because I don't want to buy them. But instead because 90% of clothes don't fit me, and of the 10% that do I only like about half of them. So silver lining I guess?

But when I do shop I only shop in sales, I won't pay full price for something unless the full price is already cheap.

So you're either very short or very tall?? My body is very average so pretty everything fits me- kinda wish it didn't :redface: & yeahh that's what I do most of the time- hate it when I buy something then two weeks later it goes on sale :angry:
Original post by SuperHuman98
Fast food companies that keep ****ing me over!! :/

Today first time in ages getting fast food they forgot to include the chips fml and when i realised i was too far. Heartless

A month ago at mcdonalds I ordered a large meal ***** gave me large drink but regular burger and chips. Charged me for a large.

Pizza hut express ( small pizzas like 4pound) the pizza barely had tomato under the cheese fml

Kfc employees always give me attitude

Dont get me started on subway :/

Never gettng fast food in my life

I find them all disgusting now, except Pizza Hut (gotta love a customised veggie sizzler from time to time). I feel so much happier without McDonald's in my life now :smile:
Original post by Platopus
But Lush do so many good shower gels, shampoos, conditioners, skin products too. I'm obsessed. And they're all so expensive :frown:

Maybe make it a once a month at most thing? Get something new each month. If each product is about £5 or less it's only £60 a year.
Original post by goam
So you're either very short or very tall?? My body is very average so pretty everything fits me- kinda wish it didn't :redface: & yeahh that's what I do most of the time- hate it when I buy something then two weeks later it goes on sale :angry:

Very short (4'9).

Haha yeah that's why i never buy it full price, because when I've done that in the past I felt major regret when I spotted it in the sale. Same goes for shoes, only ever buy them on sale.
Original post by sulaimanali
Don't spend so much anymore. Get monthly pocket money but the thing I usually spend it on would, again be, like everyone, food. Fast food, snacks etc..if I don't find anything I like at home, I'll just get something from outside.

Original post by undercxver
Food. I spend a bit too much than I need to.

Food definitely seems to be theme here. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending