Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    I got 28 also haha. Even so, not all psychopaths are bad, and this is a variation of the actual checklist which is used

ReputationRep:
    20 - im quite surprised :/
    I expected ~10

ReputationRep:
    Scored 8.... figures.

10:yeah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pentaquark)
    20 - im quite surprised :/
    I expected ~10
    If having a higher score makes you feel bad, you are definitely not anywhere close to being a psychopath.

ReputationRep:
    14.. Was expecting a little higher, but happy with that!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    7, was expecting atleast double.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Yay. Let's all have a great time taking an online test and joking about a real mental illness...

I hate humanity...

ReputationRep:
    Got 12, don't know what that means though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    Yay. Let's all have a great time taking an online test and joking about a real mental illness...

I hate humanity...
    I wouldn't say psychopathy is a mental illness, but a disorder.

And trust me, no psychopath would ever take offense to this, as ridiculous as this is. I can't imagine a psychopath ever answering honestly enough to score themselves as one :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    25... closer than i'd have liked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)

I hate humanity...
    If a psychopath murdered someone, do you think they should receive the same punishment as a non-psychotic murderer? Do you think people should be more empathetic towards them/ more understanding since they can't help being 'that way'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    I got 28 also haha. Even so, not all psychopaths are bad, and this is a variation of the actual checklist which is used

I kind of disagree. By the very definition of a psychopath you do have to be at least a little "bad".

Firstly when you consider that psychopathy falls within Anti-social Personality Disorder so most psychopaths have a criminal record.

Secondly, when you consider the Psychopathy Checklist items such as pathological lying, parasitic lifestyle, and lack of remorse/ guilt etc.
    It's not glamorous, at least they are complete pains in the arses, at worst they are highly dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    I wouldn't say psychopathy is a mental illness, but a disorder.

And trust me, no psychopath would ever take offense to this, as ridiculous as this is. I can't imagine a psychopath ever answering honestly enough to score themselves as one :rofl:
    I don't have ASPD, but I do have BPD which is also cluster B and I consider that to be a mental illness so I would presume that you could feel the same way about ASPD.

(Original post by goam)
    If a psychopath murdered someone, do you think they should receive the same punishment as a non-psychotic murderer? Do you think people should be more empathetic towards them/ more understanding since they can't help being 'that way'?
    ASPD =/= psychosis. It is possible some people with ASPD also experience psychosis but they aren't the same thing.

If someone is the perpetrator of a crime and would not have done that crime if that had not had a mental illness then they are often sectioned in a psych ward rather than being sentenced to prison.

ReputationRep:
    23 meh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.