5. Edinburgh
    6. Sussex
    7. SOAS
    8. UCL
    9. Durham
    10. Newcastle
    11. Imperial
    12. Leeds

I'm quite surprised to see Sussex so high tbh, but really interesting!

So have unis like LSE, Warwick, Bristol, Manchester, York, Nottingham etc. not had >100 applications since 2013? I'm even more surprised by this.
    No no, just not in the Top 30 for offer rates.

I'll dig out the offer rates for more UK unis asap...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cobalt_)
    I dont really give out my uni as people would definitively find me aha.

However its an RG uni. Ill PM you if you want to know
    I don't blame you, haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarzed)
    Jumping into this thread! I'm applying for the American History MPhil, currently at Edinburgh Uni studying History and English (with a year abroad in the US) *
    Glad I've found another history applicant! Does your year abroad count towards your overall classification?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Capricancer)
    Ah so for UK universities:
    1. Cambridge
    2. Oxford
    3. St Andrews
    4. KCL
    5. Edinburgh
    6. Sussex
    7. SOAS
    8. UCL
    9. Durham
    10. Newcastle
    11. Imperial
    12. Leeds

I'm quite surprised to see Sussex so high tbh, but really interesting!

So have unis like LSE, Warwick, Bristol, Manchester, York, Nottingham etc. not had >100 applications since 2013? I'm even more surprised by this.
    To be honest, I don't quite trust this data. I know several people from my university apply each year to both Ox and Cam, and there is a steady flow of students from my current university, which is not listed in the stats, and this seems quite odd to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holly_1994)
    To be honest, I don't quite trust this data. I know several people from my university apply each year to both Ox and Cam, and there is a steady flow of students from my current university, which is not listed in the stats, and this seems quite odd to me.
    This is raw data direct from Cambridge's admissions office themselves can't get more trustworthy and reliable than that.

Or are you criticising jneill's methodology?

ReputationRep:
    This is raw data direct from Cambridge's admissions office themselves can't get more trustworthy and reliable than that.

Oh, I didn't notice that It just seems a bit odd, esp. Sussex. Interesting though

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I didn't notice that It just seems a bit odd, esp. Sussex. Interesting though
    Yeh I thought so too.

Your uni will most likely be listed if you look at the source directly

ReputationRep:

QMUL had 230 applicants (from 2013 to 2016), 61 offers, 26.5% offer rate.

Ranking it 46th overall for offer success rate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    QMUL had 230 applicants (from 2013 to 2016), 61 offers, 26.5% offer rate.

Ranking it 46th overall for offer success rate

Thanks!

I reckon it'd be really insightful if you created a table with data (uni, # of applicants, # of offers, offer rate) similar to that

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

I reckon it'd be really insightful if you created a table with data (uni, # of applicants, # of offers, offer rate) similar to that
    I have it, but I don't know how to post it. Oh hold on, I could do a Google Sheet...

Please hold the line, caller.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

Try this - just to be clear this only includes universities with 100 or more applicants since 2013.

http://bit.ly/CambridgeMastersUnis

I might make the full dataset available too - it includes courses and also breaks out the info by year (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016).

Also, I had to clean the original dataset from the FOI request. e.g. it had misspelled variants of uni names which made it almost unusable... and there might be some typos still there.

ReputationRep:
    Here's the full dataset - enjoy...

http://bit.ly/CambridgeMastersCrozierData

NB. It's large, over 40,000 rows.

ReputationRep:
    Try this - just to be clear this only includes universities with 100 or more applicants since 2013.

http://bit.ly/CambridgeMastersUnis

I might make the full dataset available too - it includes courses and also breaks out the info by year (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016).

Also, I had to clean the original dataset from the FOI request. e.g. it had misspelled variants of uni names which made it almost unusable... and there might be some typos still there.
    Thanks for the dataset & the FOI link. You must really be a statistician

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nnamdi Chukwuogo)
    Thanks for the dataset & the FOI link. You must really be a statistician
    I :heart: data

ReputationRep:
    I :heart: data
    Let me guess. You're applying to either Mathematical Tripos Part III or Mphil Economics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nnamdi Chukwuogo)
    Let me guess. You're applying to either Mathematical Tripos Part III or Mphil Economics
    No, haha. I wish...

I'm not an applicant. I'm a mere parent of a Cambridge undergrad. (I'm a CompSci myself.)

I'm also a mod in the undergrad forum so I occasionally direct people to this forum. I'll leave you all to it now (unless there's any Q's about the data, etc )

Enjoy, and good luck

ReputationRep:
    No, haha. I wish...

I'm not an applicant. I'm a mere parent of a Cambridge undergrad. (I'm a CompSci myself.)
    Well thanks for the concern you've shown to us applicants. I really appreciate it. You're a real parent

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I'm applying to MPhil Innovation, Strategy and Organisation, previously University of Manchester (so not too worried about anonymity- there are lots of us!!) and leaving a Big 4 grad scheme to apply for postgrad study!

Emailed the administrator for my course the other day and they said they'd recommend sending a writing sample even though it's not listed on the website as they consider all documents they receive- may be worth checking with other departments.

Hello everyone!

I am considering applying for the MPhil in Modern British History, I am currently studying history at a RG uni

ReputationRep:
    Glad I've found another history applicant! Does your year abroad count towards your overall classification?
    no it doesn't but I'll be sending my transcript along with my ones from the UK since it shows my most recent work. *

To the history people- when/are you planning to approach potential dissertation supervisors? I'm thinking of waiting until around October when I've proposed my undergrad dissertation, so I'm slightly more practiced in trying to articulate my research interests...anyone have any thoughts/advice? *

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.