(Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Woop! :jive: :macarena:

Yeah i wondered if that was the case haha

Indeed!
    :jive: :bunny:

:rofl: haha yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me who strongly dislikes Rosberg? He's obviously a poor driver compared to Lewis, yet he constantly seems to be getting advantages from the team all the while. Two weeks ago, I believe Lewis asked for information over the team radio. It was refused, as it was apparently not allowed. However last week, the team readily handed over information to Rosberg over the team radio. The information was not regarding safety issues as the car/Rosberg wouldn't have been damaged if he didn't change gear. Tactical much?

I think the penalty was well deserved and should have been 20 seconds to be honest so Ricciardo would have come third and Rosberg would have been knocked off of the podium. Rules are rules...

And as for those who say Lewis is upset when he loses; why shouldn't he be? Even Rosberg, the saviour of Great Britain, becomes morose when he loses. It's only natural.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    https://youtu.be/ZVN2lkCvK9Y
    Here's a video I took of the 2013 BTCC Race 3 from Silverstone!
    My best ever film from a racetrack ever!
    Two spins! One right in front of me!
    THATS SO AWESOME :shock: so cool omg ooooooooooowwwwwwwwmigowdddd
    Spoiler:
    Show
    y people dislike ur vid? :mob:
    I will find them and dispose of them :rofl:
    Ah I see, car sickness is the worst! Best to stay well then!
    Indeed! Was very disappointed! :emo:
    Well we've sat there before so we knew the seats were good. I think that's the only places we've ever really sat there though haha! Should probably mix it up at somepoint!
    Ah that's that soccer thing isn't it?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Damn! That's not good!
    e drives really well! I mean he's not my overall favourite driver but I choose him over LH any day!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :cry2: I hope you wouldn't have booed him!?
    :yep: hate car sickness
    :emo:
    gr8 seats from vid :lol:
    that soccer thing - Football dearie :hahaha:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    terrible
    absolument
    terrible
    LH = better driver
    R= :eviltongue:

ReputationRep:
    How's winning 7 races in a row inconsistent? Explain that!
    He's a damn good driver and an aggressive one too! I like his driving style!
    I dislike Hamilton because he moans and whines everytime he doesn't win! He looks so miserable when he loses and yet he's got the best job in the world!
    And I'm British btw!
    But I'm a Raikkonen supporter more than an anything so...
    Inconsistant is the fact that even winning the last four races of last season and three of the start of this, notice the fact that last year even winning those races he still didn't win the WC; something he is yet to win! Rosberg was summed up during the Austria race; even Wolff and Lauda couldn't try to say it was Lewis' fault; yet Nico blamed him after the race! Hilarious!

I am British yet my favourite driver is probably Daniel Ricciardo, followed by Pascal Wehrlein and Sergio Perez. Despite the fact I do like Hamilton and Button, I'm not biased due to hailing from Britain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    :jive: :bunny:

:rofl: haha yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :woo: :jive:

Damn autocorrect!
    Tbh mine keeps changing haha to haphazard! How's that even work!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    THATS SO AWESOME :shock: so cool omg ooooooooooowwwwwwwwmigowdddd
    Spoiler:
    Show
    y people dislike ur vid? :mob:
    I will find them and dispose of them :rofl:
    :yep: hate car sickness
    :emo:
    gr8 seats from vid :lol:
    that soccer thing - Football dearie :hahaha:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    terrible
    absolument
    terrible
    LH = better driver
    R= :eviltongue:
    Omg it's like the only spin/crash I've got on video! I was amazed that he kept going too! Amazing save!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Whaaaaat!!!!! I didn't notice that!! *cue rage and fury*!!!
    Haha excellent!!
    Me too! At least it won't be shown on TV! (Don't know if you watched the new Top Gear)
    The view from the seats was awesome! The actual seats are ****! They're made of plastic and are extremely uncomfortable! Hence why we bring pads to sit on!
    Well I'm technically an American!

KR = Even better driver!
    LH = Annoying!
    R = The most disrespected driver in history
    PM = Crashed a lot! (Let's see if you know who that is! )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesmithscure)
    Is it just me who strongly dislikes Rosberg? He's obviously a poor driver compared to Lewis, yet he constantly seems to be getting advantages from the team all the while. Two weeks ago, I believe Lewis asked for information over the team radio. It was refused, as it was apparently not allowed. However last week, the team readily handed over information to Rosberg over the team radio. The information was not regarding safety issues as the car/Rosberg wouldn't have been damaged if he didn't change gear. Tactical much?

I think the penalty was well deserved and should have been 20 seconds to be honest so Ricciardo would have come third and Rosberg would have been knocked off of the podium. Rules are rules...

And as for those who say Lewis is upset when he loses; why shouldn't he be? Even Rosberg, the saviour of Great Britain, becomes morose when he loses. It's only natural.
    Yeah just you!
    I disagree! Why's Lewis not leading the championship then? If he's such a bad driver, why did he win 7 races in a row?
    When was that? There was no race two weeks ago.
    That's to get Nico to the finish and because they didn't think it contravened with the rules, I didn't think it did either tbh.
    Not tactical at all. He was in second, it could have cost him the race and yet the championship too!

A drive through for sending a message? No way!
    I dislike Ricciardo so I'm satisfied with Nico on the podium!

He throws a strop! Look at him on the podium! He acts like a damn child!
    He's got the best job in the world and yet sulks when he finishes second!
    Rosberg mans up and accepts it! Lewis doesn't!

But anyway, Raikkonen is the best, end of!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGrammarGuru)
    Inconsistant is the fact that even winning the last four races of last season and three of the start of this, notice the fact that last year even winning those races he still didn't win the WC; something he is yet to win! Rosberg was summed up during the Austria race; even Wolff and Lauda couldn't try to say it was Lewis' fault; yet Nico blamed him after the race! Hilarious!

I am British yet my favourite driver is probably Daniel Ricciardo, followed by Pascal Wehrlein and Sergio Perez. Despite the fact I do like Hamilton and Button, I'm not biased due to hailing from Britain.
    *last 3 races of last year, first 4 of this year.
    Well for a start, when Lewis hits him off the track and drops Nico loads of places, that doesn't help.
    Plus the reliability for Nico hasn't been great whereas Lewis has had a flawless car! Until this year anyway!
    I can still blame Lewis for it! He drove into the accident! Had he have gone straight a little longer, he would've avoided Rosberg and would've still stayed on the track. Rosberg had no brakes but as the team couldn't tel, him, he didn't know. I don't see how it was his fault! You can't stop a car that doesn't have any brakes!

I'm British too and my favourite driver is Raikkonen! Followed by Grosjean and Perez! But will be supporting Vandoorne when he enters soon!
    Button has grown on me over the last couple years but Hamilton just gets worse for me. I've never liked him, even since he was in GP2 in 2006!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah just you!
    I disagree! Why's Lewis not leading the championship then? If he's such a bad driver, why did he win 7 races in a row?
    When was that? There was no race two weeks ago.
    That's to get Nico to the finish and because they didn't think it contravened with the rules, I didn't think it did either tbh.
    Not tactical at all. He was in second, it could have cost him the race and yet the championship too!

A drive through for sending a message? No way!
    I dislike Ricciardo so I'm satisfied with Nico on the podium!

He throws a strop! Look at him on the podium! He acts like a damn child!
    He's got the best job in the world and yet sulks when he finishes second!
    Rosberg mans up and accepts it! Lewis doesn't!

But anyway, Raikkonen is the best, end of!
    There is something going on between Mercedes and Lewis. I believe that Lewis is being sabotaged; his car has constantly suffered from ''engine problems'' over quite a few races.

Why is Lewis the only driver within Mercedes to consistently experience such technical difficulties(which are out of his control, might I add)?

F1 regulations stipulate that radio messages can only be sent to the driver if they relate to safety. Changing a gear does not pertain to safety, and is therefore a violation of this. It might seem unfair, however pretty much all of the other drivers have received this ''harsh'' treatment, except for Nico.

When there's a level playing field(i.e, the Mercedes team have made sure that Lewis has no engine problems), Lewis beats Nico(unless Nico feels like shoving him off of the track.)

Have you not seen Rosberg throw his cap at Lewis after he(Nico) came second? He did this apparently because he thought that Lewis disadvantaged him out on the track. Has Lewis done this to Nico after the (multiple) times Nico has disadvantaged him/shoved him off the road?

To be honest, I don't really care if Lewis gets upset after coming second. He puts his everything into the sport and has constantly been let down by his team. I am not saying that Lewis has never made a mistake, of course he has, but why has he kept experiencing technical issues?

And yep, there was a race two weeks ago; Austrian grand prix.

Alot of people seem to be anti-Lewis? Even when he wins, people always have something negative to say. What happened to patriotism? Or is it now only found at international football matches? Not saying people should kiss the guy's feet, but I thought people would at least be glad that a British guy won.

And by the way, I also like Kimi, he's a great driver and he makes me laugh when he gets super pissed off during interviews. However, I still support Lewis more...

ReputationRep:
    *last 3 races of last year, first 4 of this year.
    Well for a start, when Lewis hits him off the track and drops Nico loads of places, that doesn't help.
    Plus the reliability for Nico hasn't been great whereas Lewis has had a flawless car! Until this year anyway!
    I can still blame Lewis for it! He drove into the accident! Had he have gone straight a little longer, he would've avoided Rosberg and would've still stayed on the track. Rosberg had no brakes but as the team couldn't tel, him, he didn't know. I don't see how it was his fault! You can't stop a car that doesn't have any brakes!

I'm British too and my favourite driver is Raikkonen! Followed by Grosjean and Perez! But will be supporting Vandoorne when he enters soon!
    Button has grown on me over the last couple years but Hamilton just gets worse for me. I've never liked him, even since he was in GP2 in 2006!
    I can agree on your favourite drivers; I root for those drivers too, but Lewis has suffered with reliability this year, and you cannot talk about radio after the last GP, where Rosberg's car clearly didn't have anything dangerously wrong with it. Rosberg turned so late it was almost as if he was trying to push Lewis off the track, you watch the indicated line and when he turned, there was an incredibly large difference.

ReputationRep:
    Leviathan1741 Here you are!

ReputationRep:
    There is something going on between Mercedes and Lewis. I believe that Lewis is being sabotaged; his car has constantly suffered from ''engine problems'' over quite a few races.

Why is Lewis the only driver within Mercedes to consistently experience such technical difficulties(which are out of his control, might I add)?

F1 regulations stipulate that radio messages can only be sent to the driver if they relate to safety. Changing a gear does not pertain to safety, and is therefore a violation of this. It might seem unfair, however pretty much all of the other drivers have received this ''harsh'' treatment, except for Nico.

When there's a level playing field(i.e, the Mercedes team have made sure that Lewis has no engine problems), Lewis beats Nico(unless Nico feels like shoving him off of the track.)

Have you not seen Rosberg throw his cap at Lewis after he(Nico) came second? He did this apparently because he thought that Lewis disadvantaged him out on the track. Has Lewis done this to Nico after the (multiple) times Nico has disadvantaged him/shoved him off the road?

To be honest, I don't really care if Lewis gets upset after coming second. He puts his everything into the sport and has constantly been let down by his team. I am not saying that Lewis has never made a mistake, of course he has, but why has he kept experiencing technical issues?

And yep, there was a race two weeks ago; Austrian grand prix.

Alot of people seem to be anti-Lewis? Even when he wins, people always have something negative to say. What happened to patriotism? Or is it now only found at international football matches? Not saying people should kiss the guy's feet, but I thought people would at least be glad that a British guy won.

And by the way, I also like Kimi, he's a great driver and he makes me laugh when he gets super pissed off during interviews. However, I still support Lewis more...
    No no no! He's not being sabotaged! How's he managed to win races this year then?
    Rosberg had loads of issues in 2014! Even in the final race of the year too!

He's not, if you watch 2014 you'll see Rosberg has loads more issues than Hamilton!
    Technical issues I may add!

Well why couldn't Mercedes and Force India inform there drivers that they had no brakes then? Surely that's a safety measure (Austria).
    No they haven't, Nico is the only one to receive this penalty so far.

Not true, Nico is just as good a driver as Lewis! He has nearly won races in cars not capable of winning races!
    2013 he won more races than Hamilton in the same car on a level playing field!
    But Nico has shoved Hamilton off once, Lewis hit Nico off twice last year and shoved him off several other times!

Yeah I saw that, I laughed! Hamilton threw it him so he had every right to throw it back!
    Name the times that Nico shoved Lewis off the track before this year!
    Hamilton hit Nico off the road in COTA last year, I'm suprised he wasn't penalised (clear favouritism there!)

He throws a strop and sulks on the podium! Not all the time but sometimes he does. Nico doesn't.
    Surely LH should accept the fact that you can't win them all? He's being paid millions a year to drive for the best team, surely he can stay happy about that?!
    Oh yeah everyone makes mistakes, Lewis doesn't make terribly many tbh but then Raikkonen makes less
    Because the car keeps breaking!
    Nico has experienced the exact same before!

That was one week ago!

I'm not suprised!
    But Rosberg is always booed now! Hamilton gets cheered (I admit he was booed in Austria).
    Well I dislike Britain tbh. I don't fit in here. I feel like I'm more American than anything so I tend to support the American drivers (but there isn't any in F1) so I can't.

Kimi is awesome! Have supported him since 06 and that's not gonna change until he leaves F1. Then I'll support Vandoorne when he comes in!
    Yeah that is pretty funny!!
    I still prefer Raikkonen over everyone.
    Nico isn't my favourite driver of them all, but I just prefer him to Lewis!

Can we stop arguing and talk about F1 in a good way?
    I'd rather do that, we're not always gonna agree on drivers but can we put that aside and talk about it in an friendly manner?
    I'm prepared to do that!

ReputationRep:
    I can agree on your favourite drivers; I root for those drivers too, but Lewis has suffered with reliability this year, and you cannot talk about radio after the last GP, where Rosberg's car clearly didn't have anything dangerously wrong with it. Rosberg turned so late it was almost as if he was trying to push Lewis off the track, you watch the indicated line and when he turned, there was an incredibly large difference.
    Excellent! I'm glad about that!
    Yes that's true but Nico did in 2014 so it's kinda evened it out a bit now in my opinion.
    Well I think it's dangerous that the FIA wouldn't allow the teams to inform Nico and Perez of their brake failures in Austria! The reason Nico took a wide line was because he lost the braking power from the ERS Hybrid system.
    Hence he couldn't slow the car down, but as the team weren't allowed to inform Lewis, he wasn't able to take avoiding action as he was totally unaware of the situation!
    Yes that's because he couldn't stop! He had little brakes left!

But let's not argue!
    Let's talk about F1 in a friendly manner. I'm up for that, are you?

ReputationRep:
    No no no! He's not being sabotaged! How's he managed to win races this year then?
    Rosberg had loads of issues in 2014! Even in the final race of the year too!

He's not, if you watch 2014 you'll see Rosberg has loads more issues than Hamilton!
    Technical issues I may add!

Well why couldn't Mercedes and Force India inform there drivers that they had no brakes then? Surely that's a safety measure (Austria).
    No they haven't, Nico is the only one to receive this penalty so far.

Not true, Nico is just as good a driver as Lewis! He has nearly won races in cars not capable of winning races!
    2013 he won more races than Hamilton in the same car on a level playing field!
    But Nico has shoved Hamilton off once, Lewis hit Nico off twice last year and shoved him off several other times!

Yeah I saw that, I laughed! Hamilton threw it him so he had every right to throw it back!
    Name the times that Nico shoved Lewis off the track before this year!
    Hamilton hit Nico off the road in COTA last year, I'm suprised he wasn't penalised (clear favouritism there!)

He throws a strop and sulks on the podium! Not all the time but sometimes he does. Nico doesn't.
    Surely LH should accept the fact that you can't win them all? He's being paid millions a year to drive for the best team, surely he can stay happy about that?!
    Oh yeah everyone makes mistakes, Lewis doesn't make terribly many tbh but then Raikkonen makes less
    Because the car keeps breaking!
    Nico has experienced the exact same before!

That was one week ago!

I'm not suprised!
    But Rosberg is always booed now! Hamilton gets cheered (I admit he was booed in Austria).
    Well I dislike Britain tbh. I don't fit in here. I feel like I'm more American than anything so I tend to support the American drivers (but there isn't any in F1) so I can't.

Kimi is awesome! Have supported him since 06 and that's not gonna change until he leaves F1. Then I'll support Vandoorne when he comes in!
    Yeah that is pretty funny!!
    I still prefer Raikkonen over everyone.
    Nico isn't my favourite driver of them all, but I just prefer him to Lewis!

Can we stop arguing and talk about F1 in a good way?
    I'd rather do that, we're not always gonna agree on drivers but can we put that aside and talk about it in an friendly manner?
    I'm prepared to do that!
    I guess we'll agree to disagree..

Kimi is very funny. My parents and I always look forward to his interviews because he almost always curses lol.

Verstappen is proving to be a dark horse. I can't believe that he's only 18 yet he's performing so well!

ReputationRep:
    I guess we'll agree to disagree..

Kimi is very funny. My parents and I always look forward to his interviews because he almost always curses lol.

Verstappen is proving to be a dark horse. I can't believe that he's only 18 yet he's performing so well!
    Okay then!

Indeed he is! Hahs thats very true! Im glad hes back next year!

Verstappen has impressed massively so far! I hope he can keep it up!
    The annoying thing is, hes 4 days older than me! Not at all jealous!

ReputationRep:
    Excellent! I'm glad about that!
    Yes that's true but Nico did in 2014 so it's kinda evened it out a bit now in my opinion.
    Well I think it's dangerous that the FIA wouldn't allow the teams to inform Nico and Perez of their brake failures in Austria! The reason Nico took a wide line was because he lost the braking power from the ERS Hybrid system.
    Hence he couldn't slow the car down, but as the team weren't allowed to inform Lewis, he wasn't able to take avoiding action as he was totally unaware of the situation!
    Yes that's because he couldn't stop! He had little brakes left!

But let's not argue!
    Let's talk about F1 in a friendly manner. I'm up for that, are you?
    Agreed. We'll agree to disagree on the Rosberg Austria fiasco, however. So any predictions for team lineups next year (please Jenson to Williams!)?

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. We'll agree to disagree on the Rosberg Austria fiasco, however. So any predictions for team lineups next year (please Jenson to Williams!)?
    Excellent! Yeah ok then.
    Hmm well yes it looks likely that Button will replace Massa. And then Vamdoorne will take Buttons place at McLaren

I'm not sure Palmer will be staying tbh but he has had some back luck this year so we shall see about that.
    Kvyat will be out by the end of the year and I think Pierre Gasly will take his place.
    Aside from that I can't see much changing (oh yeah, Haryanto will probably be replaced by someone)
    What are your thoughts?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.