Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Does that put an end to the Decade long Ronaldo vs Messi argument? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playmaker#10)
    And your point is?

There was a massive race to see who wins an international trophy first, ronaldo or messi, but unfortunately after failing in 4 finals for a country that has won 2 world cups and 14 Copa America's in comparison to portugal who have had 2 of their 3 best international moments with Ronaldo.

I'll say Ronaldo beats him
    My point is he didnt take them to the semi final on his own...

Nah m8 there was a massive race to see who would win 4 Champions Leagues first

ReputationRep:
    3rd place rule was portugals best player

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    My point is he didnt take them to the semi final on his own...

Nah m8 there was a massive race to see who would win 4 Champions Leagues first
    BS

Ronaldo has succeeded everywhere he goes, Messi failed at Argentina, a country with a richer international history than Portugal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    3rd place rule was portugals best player
    They did play really well against france tbh

ReputationRep:
    Of-course you did.

Your C in P1 foundation Physics D in C1 foundation Chemistry D in B1 Higher Biology and C in practical work definitely got you into Exeter.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1381129

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    Bruh you realise its weird as hell bringing up a post from 2010? Also you're probably gonna get the ban hammer. Stick to topic *

ReputationRep:
    Of-course you did.

Your C in P1 foundation Physics D in C1 foundation Chemistry D in B1 Higher Biology and C in practical work definitely got you into Exeter.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1381129

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    Yeah I heard the main requirement for a history course is good science GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Yeah I heard the main requirement for a history course is good science GCSEs
    The guy has gone quiet.

I wonder how many failed qualifications he had to take to the exeter admissions.

Probably a bag with all his fails and let him in cause they like international tuition fees

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Bruh you realise its weird as hell bringing up a post from 2010? Also you're probably gonna get the ban hammer. Stick to topic *
    Tell that to the guy that derailed my thread and started trolling when I was talking football

ReputationRep:
    The guy has gone quiet.

I wonder how many failed qualifications he had to take to the exeter admissions.

Probably a bag with all his fails and let him in cause they like international tuition fees

Hmmm I did alright enough in year 11. A levels ended up getting A for History, A for Geography, A for English Literature and a B for Biology.*

Hurray for resits in year 11. Ended up with a A, B, C for Biology, Chemistry and Physics but fail right? :lol:*

ReputationRep:
    LOL, and he then reported my posts.

You tried to troll and you failed just like you did in school
    Told you you'd get in trouble man :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLittlestElf)
    Hmmm I did alright enough in year 11. A levels ended up getting A for History, A for Geography, A for English Literature and a B for Biology.*

Hurray for resits in year 11. Ended up with a A, B, C for Biology, Chemistry and Physics but fail right? :lol:*
    Yeah my A Levels were also A* in Rocket science, A* in Financial Economics, A* in Quantum Physics and A* in Natural sciences

I got an Unconditional offer from Cambridge for a direct Ph.d and they even waved the interview away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    People might see it that way, but that doesn't mean it makes any sense. Higuain is a bottler while Eder scored a screamer, two things that have nothing to do with Messi or Ronaldo.
    Course, but the vast majority of football arguments, heck arguments in general, work with bias and revisionism. Nobody will remember Eder's goal in 50 years, I couldn't tell you now who scored for Greece in 2004, because nobody other than Ronaldo will be remembered in that team, and pretty much the same for Argentina (obviously people like Pepe, Agüero will be to an extent, but they'll primarily be remembered as Messi's Argentina, and Ronaldo's Portugal).

ReputationRep:
    Good fun this thread

Messi and Ronaldo shouldn't be compared as they are two completely different types of player

ReputationRep:
    two completely types of player

ReputationRep:
    Messi's won more over his career, his goal scoring stats all time are better, Ronaldo is simply publicised better than him, played in an English League so immediate bias there. People don't watch Messi play, he could spray a pass from 40 yards out splitting a defence open or dribble his way past 5 defenders, pass it out wide to say Alves who crosses it back to Suarez who heads it home and no-one would blink an eye. If Ronaldo did that though, all hell would break loose.

Messi - 8 Leagues to his name, Ronaldo 4 leagues to his name.
    Messi 4 UCLS, Ronaldo 3.
    Messi 4 cups to his name (Copa Del Reys), Ronaldo 5 (including league cups)
    Messi 5 Ballon Dors, Ronaldo 3 (Most likely 4.)
    Goal scoring records and assists in La Liga - Messi 258 goals and 101 assists in 239 Apps. Ronaldo 260 goals and 75 assists in 236 apps. Now that's just La Liga, where Messi's basically created more goals.

All time, including Ronaldos United career (which Ronaldo fans refuse to acknowledge to exist.)
    604 Apps, 508 Goals, 214 assists for Messi.
    804 Apps, 548 goals, 183 assists for Ronaldo.

Just have a look at this website it's great for stats.
    So even if Messis not got as much direct goals as him in La Liga, he sure has hell created through himself and others way more goals than Ronaldo ever has.
    Ronaldo at Madrid was at his prime, Messis gone through the good, the bad, getting into the squad at Barcelona yet retains an amazing record.

Messi's been to 4 finals in international, yet to win one, Ronaldo has one a Euros.
    Chances are, Messi will come out of retirement to try to better his rival.

Ronaldo being a better person doesn't improve his footballing ability. It just improves the perception that people have of him that somehow influences his footballing ability. Messi avoiding tax doesn't make him a worse footballer, Suarez biting doesn't make him a worse footballer, Ibrahimovic being arrogant doesn't take anything away from the fact that he scores amazing acrobatic goals and wins leagues for his teams.

(Original post by Zayn is Bae)
    two completely types of player
    Y aer yu mocing ma spellin bruth

Messi still worlds best no9, Ronaldo has been the best but is still up there with the world's best wingers/no10's

ReputationRep:
    I can't ever figure out what's going through their heads. I think Ronaldo is the best.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.