Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    It's disturbing, but really interesting (since the story is told from the view point of a cannibal chef).
    hmmm seems like my kinda thing ahah

ReputationRep:
    JRR Tolkien's The Silmarillion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    hmmm seems like my kinda thing ahah
    You sure are adventurous. I kept getting a weird look when I was reading it at Waterstone, so I had avoided reading it in public

ReputationRep:
    You sure are adventurous. I kept getting a weird look when I was reading it at Waterstone, so I had avoided reading it in public
    this is why i read books online... the pdf copies ahah

ReputationRep:
    Mein Kampf.

ReputationRep:
    The Alchemist, not a thriller novel, just a good meaningful book.

ReputationRep:
    The Jack Reacher novels?

ReputationRep:
    The Jack Reacher novels?

ReputationRep:
    Stephen Kingggg

I recently read "Thinner" by King and found it a good read.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.cambridge.org/gb/academic...ch-2nd-edition

Thrilling read. Kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Stephen Kingggg

I recently read "Thinner" by King and found it a good read.
    ah yh my dad reads all the stephen kind books and loves them so i guess i would probably like them as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    The Jack Reacher novels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tigger46)
    The Alchemist, not a thriller novel, just a good meaningful book.
    THANKS

ReputationRep:
    Bring me the head of Willy the mailboy!

ReputationRep:
    this is why i read books online... the pdf copies ahah
    But that's effort lol (I only do read pdf versions if it's a really large book)

ReputationRep:
    But that's effort lol (I only do read pdf versions if it's a really large book)
    I just prefer it online though cause then I don't have to hold the book - I can just put the laptop on my lap and scroll down

ReputationRep:
    I just prefer it online though cause then I don't have to hold the book - I can just put the laptop on my lap and scroll down
    True. I carry a book just to look smart tbh. Plus it gives me a reason for strangers not to talk to me on the bus.

ReputationRep:
    True. I carry a book just to look smart tbh. Plus it gives me a reason for strangers not to talk to me on the bus.
    Yh lol I always associated books with nerds but since this summer I've become a bit in love with books and can understand why people like to carry them around aha

ReputationRep:
    Yh lol I always associated books with nerds but since this summer I've become a bit in love with books and can understand why people like to carry them around aha
    Me too, until I got way into it.

To tell you the truth, I've read many books, but only actually managed to complete less than 10 I get bored easily once it becomes a bit predictabe, hence why I am so picky with books nowadays and mostly stick to disturbing ones

ReputationRep:
    Me too, until I got way into it.

To tell you the truth, I've read many books, but only actually managed to complete less than 10 I get bored easily once it becomes a bit predictabe, hence why I am so picky with books nowadays and mostly stick to disturbing ones
    I haven't read a book since year 7... Like seriously lol it's only now that schools over and I'm bored out my mind that I've figured out that reading books is a great way to spend time and surprisingly enjoyable aha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.