Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Pound was rising today until BoJo announced as FoSec...

ReputationRep:
    Theresa May appoints David Davis as SofS for Exiting the EU driving a dagger through the hearts of all butthurt remainers.

I'm starting to like her

ReputationRep:
    Pleased that the non-internal positions are being filled with Brexiters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)
    Theresa May appoints David Davis as SofS for Exiting the EU driving a dagger through the hearts of all butthurt remainers.

I'm starting to like her
    Davies is a good bloke, he's one of the few leading Tories with some sort of genuine concern for rights and modern realities in things like corporatism and the state.

I suspect Bojo as foresec will have supremacy, but I doubt that Davies is all that rabid a Leaver, he's too sensible.

Interesting appointment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    The traders are all based in London, so they know what he's really like. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Davies is a good bloke, he's one of the few leading Tories with some sort of genuine concern for rights and modern realities in things like corporatism and the state.

I suspect Bojo as foresec will have supremacy, but I doubt that Davies is all that rabid a Leaver, he's too sensible.

Interesting appointment.
    Davis is a staunch Eurosceptic and known for it.

ReputationRep:
    Boris Johnson as Foreign Sec makes me want to die. Hammond as Chancellor is okay. Not too keen on Rudd and Fallon (privately educated, bland yes people). Don't see the need for creation of new trade department. Davis as Brexit minister is fantastic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)
    Who the hell are you to say who is and who isn't qualified?
    I cant rep you enough today!

Her appointments are good so far and have made me happy whilst hurting the butt hurt remainers, great choices!

Still hoping for Patel though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Opinion)
    I cant rep you enough today!

Her appointments are good so far and have made me happy whilst hurting the butt hurt remainers, great choices!

Still hoping for Patel though.
    Boris speaks multiple languages, can be a bit of a clown which is great for breaking the ice when it comes to business and has history of doing very well as MoL. If anything, he is absolutely perfect for the role.

ReputationRep:
    Boris will be next conservative prime minister, especially if he performs well in this role and develops his statesmanship. He still has huge support from within the party. Doing a stint in the cabinet will do him a world of good and hopefully give him the oppurtunity to ingratiate himself with doubters within the party. Going straight from the mayoral office to prime minister was a big jump, this way he can do it and increase his reputation. Calling it now.

ReputationRep:
    If anything shows how detached from political reality people who opposed Brexit on this forum are, these predictions are it.

ReputationRep:
    BoE interest rate cut potentially, not BoJ
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EuanF)
    BoE interest rate cut potentially, not BoJ
    Carney had already indicated that.

ReputationRep:
    Carney had already indicated that.
    Right, and it's due tomorrow, which is why people are selling

ReputationRep:
    Having Boris Johnson as FS, is this a good idea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    Yes, he is a very clever and polite man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordMallard)
    Boris Johnson as Foreign Sec makes me want to die. Hammond as Chancellor is okay. Not too keen on Rudd and Fallon (privately educated, bland yes people). Don't see the need for creation of new trade department. Davis as Brexit minister is fantastic!
    Yes Hammond is okay. Top choice for a Brexit cabinet.

Sarcasm.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    BoJo on Hilary Clinton: "She's got dyed blonde hair and pouty lips, and a steely blue stare, like a sadistic nurse in a mental hospital"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-hospital.html

ReputationRep:
    Interesting to see Hammond as Chancellor.

Never would I have imagined Boris as Foreign secretary. But hey ho,

I don't think any brexiter can call this a fix with those appointments which I suppose is one thing.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.