Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Im 22, but people think I'm 13 watch

Announcements

(Original post by Marshall Taylor)
    Congratulations! People would pay good money to look young again, consider yourself blessed
    Lol my weird genes means that to not have a GF looking like a paedophile, I'm probably going to have to wait till I'm 25 at the very earliest, maybe even 30. Lol yay...

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any advice but this thread is so relatable, same.

I'm 22 and people always assume I'm a young teenager and it's patronising asf. Just this weekend, I had my eyebrows done by a girl who at the time of me paying said to my mum "she's really sweet" (about me) and asked my age. When I told her I'm 22, she was shocked as she is 19 and said she thought I was aged 16.

Later that day, as I was buying clothes in a store, the lady assisting was chatting away to my mum and also asked my age as she was confused when my mum said that I drove there. It's terribly patronising.

When I go for a haircut, the hairdressers assume I'm young and charge me for an under 16. Ofc that helps me save money, but I just don't know what I can do at this point to look my age.

I didn't wear any makeup until 18/19 and my skin is clear most of the time, but makeup doesn't make me look that different (I'm not v good at it). My fave has changed/slimmed significantly lately, yet it hasn't changed anyone's perception.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.