Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do all Girls love Musicians? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salamandastron)
    Probably because most girls don't like arrogant chavs who refer to themselves in third person, make endless dupes and talk in a stupid way
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Just to make things CHEEEEESY!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    I'm a girl. I don't love musicians. I guess many do because they hope to be serenaded or something.
    :puke:

ReputationRep:
    I can safely say most girls like footballers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManDontCare)
    man wonders why women hang around when 10 bad rappers like himself bustin out
    Queens English please. I cannot understand you. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    They're good with their hands.
    Wise words.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    I definitely don't hate them, but they definitely can bore me.

Nothing bores me more than having to listen to "just another few chords" when I have 0 interest in the music and just want to watch a film or talk.
    In all fairness though, anyone talking excessively about their hobbies is quite boring.
    You collect stamps? Cool. You want to explain to me the history of the Post Office? I'd rather you didn't.

But yes I know the type you're talking about. I had the displeasure of knowing some of those types in college lol

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it so much playing the instrument that attracts girls, although I could be wrong, I find it's the fact that he has a passion, and girls dig that.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    As a musician, I can certainly say that it has not helped me in that regard at all
    I can't say rapping has ever helped me, and that's supposedly one of the "cool" ones. I just use it to vent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)

*some

ReputationRep:
    All of them? Are you sure? You should probably take a poll... I'm sure at least one girl out there doesn't like musicians romantically. Although, I think almost everyone likes music, if that's what you mean. I haven't met anyone of either gender that just said they hated music. They may like or dislike some genres, but hating all music is rare. I mean, a deaf person might be indifferent to it for obvious reasons.

ReputationRep:
    1) I do not personally find all those guys you posted attractive (but I haven't heard their music)
    2) Have you ever considered that women can be attracted to talented people who have a passion for what they do? Because you should

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManDontCare)

Gross :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    matt bellamy is not indie and he is the single greatest musician of the single greatest alternative rock band in history, don't insult him

ReputationRep:
    For the same deeply disturbing reason they like actors and politicians

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  13.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    matt bellamy is not indie and he is the single greatest musician of the single greatest alternative rock band in history, don't insult him
    elliott smith kurt cobain emily haines to name three who are better

matt bellamy's lyrics are banal mostly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeremy1988)
    All of them? Are you sure? You should probably take a poll... I'm sure at least one girl out there doesn't like musicians romantically. Although, I think almost everyone likes music, if that's what you mean. I haven't met anyone of either gender that just said they hated music. They may like or dislike some genres, but hating all music is rare. I mean, a deaf person might be indifferent to it for obvious reasons.
    :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    oh pedantry so what

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Queens English please. I cannot understand you. :lol:
    But if someone had released, like, an album that moved you, wouldn't you like them?

I get that the typical trash "musician" in college who doesn't make it is probably less attractive than, say, someone who just quietly gets a maths PhD, is good looking and works in a university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fermat1324)
    oh pedantry so what
    Yeahh, I'm afraid I can be quite pedantic

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.