Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

17 year old in a relationship with a 30 year old man? watch

ReputationRep:
    Bit weird but each to their own😂

ReputationRep:
    He can't get anyone his own age and she probably has daddy issues.

ReputationRep:
    A disgusting mess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    A disgusting mess.
    Don't judge

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha_tah)
    Don't judge

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    OP has not said if he/she is male or female... *
    Was just an assumption that OP hasn't denied. Regardless I would still think the same if it was a 17 year old boy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Just did
    No need to be so harsh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the circumstances surrounding your dating, the relative vulnerability/maturity of both parties etc. I've dated all sorts, c'est la vie

I think I know who this is....... Does the guy have 2 kids?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I think I know who this is....... Does the guy have 2 kids?
    no hahha

ReputationRep:
    What are your opinions on this relationship? Would you be worried if this was someone you knew?
    King Loius married Marie Antoinette at 14. This was pedophila? A 17 year old is not in same category. As long as not salacious it's fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

no hahha
    oh okay never mind then ahah but either way, as long as they're both happy, anyone else's opinion doesn't really matter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tcameron)
    Although legal, does not make it morally right.
    What does a 30 year old man have in common with a young girl who's still in school and just only finished her gcse's?
    But flip it around. What does a young girl have in common with a 30 year old? It's obviously consensual so there's no moral spin to this.

ReputationRep:
    Very weird but people won't like that....

ReputationRep:
    While essentially there's nothing wrong at 17 years old she has two options:
    -Go onto further education i.e uni (which would mean the relationship ending )
    -Become dependant financially on the 30 year and thus creating an unhealthy relationship (which would mean the relationship ending)

So unless there's some reason she can financially support herself and he can obviously and they both can commit to settling down the relationship will never be anything more than friends with benefits

ReputationRep:
    The natural instinct (at least mine) is to question his intentions considering the girl has just surpassed that legal hurdle. Assuming however it's a completely consensual relationship that isn't suspicious then it's totally fine and up to them.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's 2017 not 1952 and if a women wants to date another women (tough **** get over the damn fact same with two men, sex changes, BDSM) doesn't **** just happen.This situations no diffirent either. (if both parties are over age I think people should just mind their own ****ing business there's worst democracies in the world and if they don't get the hint to butt out of said business inforce it by politely telling one to go and **** themsleves and come back when tyey're perfect themselves.Not so much my opinion more a solid fact anyone can say as they desire think and judge how they please about two individuals it is still irrelivent. (I say you don't want trouble don't look for it) I refer to nosey biddy bodies who have nothing better to do than judge diffirences rather than piss off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goaded)
    I don't see an issue
    But he's 17 the other guy 30 what do u mean

ReputationRep:
    I am 30 and my girlfriend is 17 we have known each other for a few years we were going through are own **** time and we helped eachother out I never looked at her in that way before but we got to know each other really well and she is very mature more so then most girls my own age. For a while I hid my feelings for her because i didnt want people to think I was a pedophile or anything like that because I'm not I hate people like that just as much as the next person so I just kept my feelings to myself but we still hung out and had fun then I thought to myself no I love this girl if people have a problem with it then well not my problem. I told her how I felt and asked her out she said yes and we have never been happier we also live together and we have been together for nearly a year now and not one argument.So my thoughts on it: yes the age difference can be a problem but as long as both parties are of legal age and both are willing to work on the relationship and both want to be together then what's the big deal if someone els has a problem with the age difference well to be honest it's there problem.And why is it that people seem to think just because the guy is older that automatically means the girl is being forced or abused (yes it does happen I understand that and I agree it's sick) if two people love each other then just let them be happy together. So for anyone reading this that has romantic feelings for someone younger (not to young legal age of consent exists for a reason) or older then just go for it and if they feel the same for you then I wish you both all the best

ReputationRep:
    I am a 34 year old man very much in love with an 18 year old woman. Ive had my kindness used against me in many previous relationships and had been used and through the ringer. I look at her as an equal yet am not oblivious to the diff stages in life. Age is not always indicative of maturity. It is completely situational. One would have to know the individuals to give proper opinion. You only live once. I wouldn't change our happiness for the world. You never know what the future will bring but love and happiness is what makes my life worth living. Some sticking their nose up is what makes theirs worth living. Everyone has an opinion but as a matter of fact whatever they may be should not bother or dictate your life. It is yours.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2018
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.