Reply 21
Original post by jamesthehustler
@34908seikj
I'd advise you to go for a half decent brand for 2 grand so
a new tag Heuer aquaracer
a new Longines conquest
a pre-owned Breitling colt
a pre owned Rolex date (look on eBay)

Sorry for replying so late, I've been banned for the last week.

I'll look into the watches, I do quite like some of the ones Longines make.

Although, I'm pretty set on the Oris Artelier complication, either in rose gold or gold.

Spoiler

Reply 22
Personally I prefer the second not entirely sure i could justify the price hike for it though either way they both look nice and if you have the money to blow go for it.
Cartier watches are beautiful but expensive
Reply 24
Original post by jamesthehustler
@34908seikj
I'd advise you to go for a half decent brand for 2 grand so
a new tag Heuer aquaracer
a new Longines conquest
a pre-owned Breitling colt
a pre owned Rolex date (look on eBay)

In fairness the problem with most of the second hand ones is you have no idea how they've been treated before and whether or not they've been serviced regularly. It'd be rather unfortunate to buy a second hand DateJust and then have to cough up another grand to fix it...
Original post by Napp
In fairness the problem with most of the second hand ones is you have no idea how they've been treated before and whether or not they've been serviced regularly. It'd be rather unfortunate to buy a second hand DateJust and then have to cough up another grand to fix it...

that is a risk but if you go to a local jewellers or a prominent used watch dealer they get them serviced before they sell them as reputation is everything in this business and there too many rivals to make it worth the risk to not do it
For a dress watch, the Tissot Visodate is one of the nicest around for its price. Swiss made, too.

For an everyday watch, I'm planning on buying the Omega Seamaster Diver (~£3k). Currently rocking a Tissot PRS200 though.

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 34908seikj
Sorry for replying so late, I've been banned for the last week.

I'll look into the watches, I do quite like some of the ones Longines make.

Although, I'm pretty set on the Oris Artelier complication, either in rose gold or gold.

Spoiler

how did you get banned I told someone to commit murder and dissolve the corpse in acid and got nothing more than a rules reminder
and it is a nice watch I just offer a few decisions with a better financial spread over time
Reply 29

Its a splendid watch i've had one for the past few years and its built like a tank! Albeit sod paying over a grand for a watch thats already two decades old!?

Quick Reply

Latest