Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is David Cameron's legacy? Watch

• View Poll Results: what is david cameron's legacy
    an unfortunate incident involving a dead pig
    56.36%
    letting us leave the european union
    43.64%

ReputationRep:
    He had so much potential as a PM, but party politics screwed him over. He promised a referendum he didn't believe in and took the nation on a path without any plan.

I would say he lead the nation blind and walked away when we most needed support.

ReputationRep:
    doggy dave

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fg45344)
    He had so much potential as a PM, but party politics screwed him over. He promised a referendum he didn't believe in and took the nation on a path without any plan.

I would say he lead the nation blind and walked away when we most needed support.
    I doubt he'd have promised the referendum if he had any idea how strong the leave campaign were to become, in all fairness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jake4198)
    Let's remind ourselves what David Cameron has managed to achieve:

- Turned the British economy into one of the fastest growing in the western world.
    - Attracted more ethnic minority voters in 2015 than any other western conservative party.
    - Legalised same-sex marriage.
    - Has made the Conservative Party the second largest and fastest growing party in Scotland.
    - Managed to win an overall majority for a conservative government since 1992.
    - He managed to win an overall majority in 2015 despite the polls and growing support for UKIP.
    - He took Britain out of the war in Afghanistan.
    - Defied his party and his own beliefs and acted in the interests of the nation in holding two democratic referendums.

But, of course, you don't care about the aforementioned. Let's all giggle about his supposed ****ing a pig...
    *a dead pig
    this thread is about his legacy, and the negatives will naturally stick out, like they often do. stop crying about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    I doubt he'd have promised the referendum if he had any idea how strong the leave campaign were to become, in all fairness.
    He promised the referendum because he was certain that with "project fear", the UK would remain in the EU and this debate would be sorted. It all backfired on him and he got screwed over.

The plan was basically to win the referendum and then let Boris and George fight is out for the PM role. Now Boris got screwed over by Gove. George is finished and Theresa now finds herself in the middle.

ReputationRep:
    A man who compromised his values for short term gain and ended up being a class A **** up.

ReputationRep:
    He promised the referendum because he was certain that with "project fear", the UK would remain in the EU and this debate would be sorted. It all backfired on him and he got screwed over.

The plan was basically to win the referendum and then let Boris and George fight is out for the PM role. Now Boris got screwed over by Gove. George is finished and Theresa now finds herself in the middle.
    is there any other political backfire in british history that is worse than this?

ReputationRep:
    is there any other political backfire in british history that is worse than this?
    Well on a personal level, probably not, everyone had stabbed everyone.

On a political level yes, when Nick Clegg single handedly went back on all his Lib Dem policies just to share a bed with David Cameron in 2010. He pretty much crippled the party for his own selfish interests, if the Lib Dems hadn't been whores (sorry no other word fits well), they would have had a lot of political support now given the state Labour is in.

ReputationRep:
    His legacy? Allowing UK citizens to determine their own future. Even though it backfired on him, thats something that not a lot of EU countries can claim these days.

When I say "not a lot", I mean virtually none.

ReputationRep:
    Well on a personal level, probably not, everyone had stabbed everyone.

On a political level yes, when Nick Clegg single handedly went back on all his Lib Dem policies just to share a bed with David Cameron in 2010. He pretty much crippled the party for his own selfish interests, if the Lib Dems hadn't been whores (sorry no other word fits well), they would have had a lot of political support now given the state Labour is in.
    I dream of the day libdems have a place in british politics again

ReputationRep:
    They will, give it another 8-10 years, memory is relatively short in politics, most people forget what happened in the last decade.

Lib Dems need a strong leader and basically have to hope the Tories and Labour destroy themselves...well Labour are doing it so far. The Tories have always been more organised than Labour...now you have nutjobs like Diane Abbott and Corbyn leading the party.

ReputationRep:
    - He improved the economy, cutting the deficit and pulling us out of recession.
    - Reduced taxes for millions of people.
    - Reformed and improved the welfare system to encourage employment and create a society that favours those who work hard.
    - Gave British people the right to decide their country's future in the EU.
    - Set up a cabinet which increased education standards, protected our country from terrorism and is working towards a 7-day NHS, along with numerous other achievements.
    - Was a decent, well-mannered, professional politician who aimed and succeeded in making Britain better than it was before he was sworn in.
    - And he ****ed a dead pig.

ReputationRep:
    I'll remember him as an idiot who didn't keep half his promises, blamed Brexit on racists, and just wouldn't pull his weight whatsoever. He is definitely an easy act to follow. Let's just hope Theresa May does a better job than he ever did.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, the Lib Dems are dead, soon to be joined by Labour. I hope you enjoy the country's right wing future.

ReputationRep:
    He's a lad but he ****ed a pig innit

ReputationRep:
    A man who got so pissed off when he was outed as someone who f***ed a pig so he decided to f*** the country instead. :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    *a dead pig
    this thread is about his legacy, and the negatives will naturally stick out, like they often do. stop crying about it
    His legacy is an unverified claim that he engaged in bestiality with a dead animal? Or that he held a referendum on Britain's membership on the EU because it was in the nation's interests? Explain to me his 'negatives' instead of proclaiming a blanket statement with no filling.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    That guy who ****ed a pig for the bants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jake4198)
    His legacy is an unverified claim that he engaged in bestiality with a dead animal? Or that he held a referendum on Britain's membership on the EU because it was in the nation's interests? Explain to me his 'negatives' instead of proclaiming a blanket statement with no filling.
    i'm talking about the fairly obvious negative. the elephant in the room. holding the referendum and letting us vote to leave .... duh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stevey396)
    Haha, the Lib Dems are dead, soon to be joined by Labour. I hope you enjoy the country's right wing future.
    I'll make the most out of it. Intellectuals always find a way.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.