Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Norfolk - what to do?! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Where's Bistons? I'm not sure I've seen it before? I'm gonna end up going on a search now haha!
    The Black Horse.
    Knights Hill is a great restaurant though! Close to Castle Rising too! Brilliant!
    Tbh don't stay out at night in Lynn though, it's not the safest of places to be. There are some dangerous people who roam around at nights and there have one or two stabbings this year so far and rapes too. So stay in at night! Or avoid the town centre anyway!
    Bitson's is just opposite the old post office. If you're walking to the swimming pool from Argos it's on your right.

ReputationRep:
    Sheringham? How have you ended up there? That's near Cromer, it would take at least a day to walk from there.
    Do you mean Snettisham? That's en route.
    But I've never heard of the river ingol somehow but just googled it and it does look rather nice!
    Yeah, Snettisham is the one. Though if Sheringham is near Cromer I at least know where that name is coming from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Bitson's is just opposite the old post office. If you're walking to the swimming pool from Argos it's on your right.
    :facepalm: I remember it now you've said that.
    Should've known!
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJMayes)
    Yeah, Snettisham is the one. Though if Sheringham is near Cromer I at least know where that name is coming from.
    Ah that makes more sense now then. I assume you went though Heacham then?
    Yeah it's just before Cromer on the coast.
    Ah fair enough then!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    I'm going to Norfolk this weekend for a mini holiday and wondered if anyone can recommend stuff to do round there? Are any of the towns worth visiting?
    Avoid travelling north from London on Thursday. It's Latitude this weekend in Suffolk and the traffic was horrendous last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Avoid travelling north from London on Thursday. It's Latitude this weekend in Suffolk and the traffic was horrendous last year.
    Aye. The trains out of Liverpool St and the A12/A14 (possibly the A11 as well) will undoubtedly be rammed.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  45.5 KB
    Go to Snetterton if you're interested in cars at all.
    Great racetrack and you may even see one of these like I did last year!
    I think it's a show car but ah well it's still a 918!

ReputationRep:
    Where's Bistons? I'm not sure I've seen it before? I'm gonna end up going on a search now haha!
    The Black Horse.
    Knights Hill is a great restaurant though! Close to Castle Rising too! Brilliant!
    Tbh don't stay out at night in Lynn though, it's not the safest of places to be. There are some dangerous people who roam around at nights and there have one or two stabbings this year so far and rapes too. So stay in at night! Or avoid the town centre anyway!
    trust me I'll be fine my family are likely to know who's involved if anything like that goes down just mention you know a shackcloth that will change the situation in your favour (i have 4 armed robbers in the family along with other petty stuff like car crime, theft, drugs, GBH and that sort of thing) criminality is a part of my bloodline

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  45.5 KB
    Go to Snetterton if you're interested in cars at all.
    Great racetrack and you may even see one of these like I did last year!
    I think it's a show car but ah well it's still a 918!
    I'll have to fit that it as I'm meant to be up there towards the end of the month
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by PQ)
    Aye. The trains out of Liverpool St and the A12/A14 (possibly the A11 as well) will undoubtedly be rammed.
    Oh, thank you for this tip! I would have had no idea and got stuck in that.

Do you think it's best to take the A13 instead until past Chelmsford?

Hmm, I can't see how else to get there really. We'll need to drive from London to Norwich tomorrow night

ReputationRep:
    Ah that makes more sense now then. I assume you went though Heacham then?
    Yeah it's just before Cromer on the coast.
    Ah fair enough then!
    Nope! Caught the Coast hopper into Hunstanton then walked along the coast of the wash south, heading inland at Snettisham nature reserve and walking through the countryside into Dersingham, then through Sandringham and into Kings Lynn via Castle Rising.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    See how many people you can spot with more fingers than a normal person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Oh, thank you for this tip! I would have had no idea and got stuck in that.

Do you think it's best to take the A13 instead until past Chelmsford?

Hmm, I can't see how else to get there really. We'll need to drive from London to Norwich tomorrow night
    I don't think the M11 and A11 will be as bad as the A12. The A14 could be bad, but probably not until you're in deepest darkest Suffolk.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    I don't think the M11 and A11 will be as bad as the A12. The A14 could be bad, but probably not until you're in deepest darkest Suffolk.
    Great, thanks rockrunride I'm scared of Suffolk now!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.