Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I liked the first one better. The second one was more like a soap opera than an action movie pretty much more than half the time. Then again, the movie would get kind of boring if they only showed Peter saving people the whole time and no comflicts arose.

Nonetheless, I think it could have been a little less melodramatic.

ReputationRep:
    I saw it yesterday and thought it was better than the first one, but wasn't brilliant....a good movie nevertheless
    fight scenes were pretty good, but what really annoyed me was over-the-top screaming......also, the cinema we went to was playing anastacia's song for the first couple of minutes, so we couldn't hear what was said at the beginning...and another time when there wasn't any sound :mad:

ReputationRep:
    going to see it tonight and im looking forward to it
    ive got a thing for spiderman...hes just so....flexible

ReputationRep:
    it was AMAZING!!!! best film i've ever seen.....i still can't believe that's tobey maguire's body...phwooooo

the train scene was beautiful (after he stopped it that is) as was the end- i'm so glad it turned out as it did!! (don't wanna spoil it for those who haven't seen it)

ReputationRep:
    I preferred the first. It was too cheesy and cliched at parts and it didn't have the intensity the first movie had.

ReputationRep:
    I finally watched it, and enjoyed it. It was a good film, but their was a remarkable difference between the 1st, and the 2nd. I think I enjoyed the 2nd more though. It was interesting how much comedy was included though it was a bit unexpected.

ReputationRep:
    the train scene? that was soo cheesy and puke-inducing. it belongs in "the life of brian", not this film.

and then there was the scene copied straight out of the matrix...

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm gonna have to wait till it comes out on DVD .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    and then there was the scene copied straight out of the matrix...
    which one? the one where he ducks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockel)
    which one? the one where he ducks?
    *SPOILER HIGHLIGHT TO READ*

bit where he tries to jump over the rooftops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    *SPOILER HIGHLIGHT TO READ*
    Lots of action movies reuse parts similar to those from the matrix. It is the same in I, Robot. The Robots are very Agent like.

ReputationRep:
    saw it last night i didn't think it was that good all the cliches and crap romance scenes the first one was way better, also shrek 2 is so much better than spiderman 2 the sequel is nearly (but not quite) as good as the original for one and the gags were still good plus i liked saunders as the fairy god mother though i thought that john cleese was basically playing basil fawlty which is a bit of a pity since he is quite a good actor

ReputationRep:
    watched it a while back.... wasnt to bad... but it was kind of weird how half the cinema was yawning.lol..... did get pretty boring at times.... train scene was a bit... out there....... there is definately goin to be a 3rd movie... anyone else notice the hobogoblin in the window at the end of the movie??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [_Z_])
    anyone else notice the hobogoblin in the window at the end of the movie??
    erm...no...where abouts near the end?

ReputationRep:
    erm...no...where abouts near the end?
    is it where mary-jane is lookin from the window as spidy goes off to save the day? yeah it's creepy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    saw it last night i didn't think it was that good all the cliches and crap romance scenes the first one was way better, also shrek 2 is so much better than spiderman 2 the sequel is nearly (but not quite) as good as the original for one and the gags were still good plus i liked saunders as the fairy god mother though i thought that john cleese was basically playing basil fawlty which is a bit of a pity since he is quite a good actor

perhaps they wanted a basil fawlty kinda character? they draw on previous characters for inspiration- they wouldn't have casted john cleese if they didn't want that effect.

spiderman2 was kinda cliched and cheesy (mj's in her meringue, running off near the end) but it was stil amazing. shrek 2 is the best sequel i've ever seen for a movie however, can't disagree there-i wanna see it again!

ReputationRep:
    Just got back from watching the movie, it was fab, the ending 'wow' definitely was not expecting wat i saw, special effects were fab

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babygal)
    Just got back from watching the movie, it was fab, the ending 'wow' definitely was not expecting wat i saw, special effects were fab
    i was kinda expecting it cos i know the story fairly well...

ReputationRep:
    i was kinda expecting it cos i know the story fairly well...
    So does the Green Goblin make a return in the comics or cartoons?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    So does the Green Goblin make a return in the comics or cartoons?
    well in the cartoons, harry is the new green goblin (as you may have guessed after watching the movie), and his dad keeps 'haunting' him. eventually harry gives in and tries to defeat spidey to impress his dad (similar to the movie)

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.