Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mandem67)
    But would it look better if I drop geography so I end up with A*AA?
    Geography is irrelevant. Drop it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    You tell me mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    So you have your answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol you really developed his problem solving skills there,
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Lol you really developed his problem solving skills there,
    Ikr?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How tf have you managed to get A* in Maths but only D in Geography?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    Well you aren't going to be getting into any targets with A*AADor A*AA, especially for econ so I'd either go for a semi-target like Bristol or take a year out.
    #savage

ReputationRep:
    Really don't get why you're stressing over this, it's not the end of the world if you don't get into a target and there are plenty of semi targets that will give you a perfectly good chance of getting into IB so long as you put the same effort in. Besides, not all sixth forms give A* predictions so having A*AA is fine as long as your PS is top notch, hell check Linkedin and you'll find people that got into targets with grades like AAA.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Terry Tibbs)
    Really don't get why you're stressing over this, it's not the end of the world if you don't get into a target and there are plenty of semi targets that will give you a perfectly good chance of getting into IB so long as you put the same effort in. Besides, not all sixth forms give A* predictions so having A*AA is fine as long as your PS is top notch, hell check Linkedin and you'll find people that got into targets with grades like AAA.
    People have gotten several SW and summer offers with ABB or less too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DauntlessOne)
    I know you're looking for advice but I'm thinking about taking AS levels in either Mathmatics and or economics. As someone who has taken it, despite your unfortunate situation on the subjects. Would you still recommend taking them? Do you think they are worth while?

I took both. If you enjoy it, then go for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mandem67)
    Yeah but most peeps applying to top unis get way better predictions than me. I could try and shmooze some teachers to improve my politics grade to an A* but that's all man can do. The units won't find out about the geog if I drop it though since it's not an AS.

So should I try and apply this year or take a gap year and apply then?
    Even if you take a gap year, you apply this year i believe, you just put that you want to start in 2018 not 2017

ReputationRep:
    Get actual results, not predictions, because in my opinion they are a weak indicator. You may discover later that you would be lucky to get into a semi and that's the harsh reality once you hit A2 level

ReputationRep:
    my days g why are u being an ungrateful pig. The results aint even out yet and thats a nice predicted grades. u dizzy?? damn...
    Mcdonald lyfe

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.