Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babystayfamous)
    Your thoughts and opinions on the movement, what societal impact it has/will have
    A George Soros sponsored shill group designed to fragment society. American police shoot more whites that blacks and 97% of blacks are shot by blacks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by semijackson)
    *sigh*
    Statistics tend to fuel political agendas as far as Im concerned if you're overpolicing certain members of society then of course you're going to get high numbers. You're actively searching for it. Every social group has its problems but again that should never justify and undermine the importance of another issue which is being brought forward ie black on black crime - thats on black members of society but I'm pretty positive they don't need other members of society actively killing them too. Its just not justified. Black people never wanted to be victims, society forces them to grow up with a whole different set of rules - you can be anything you want in this world, teachers tell us - but you can't be black. No one wants to be a victim, but a rape victim is still a rape victim whether its publicised or not. I also think its insulting to the lives of those who died at the hands of those who should have been protecting them to tarnish their names, dehumanize and desensitize the masses to the injustices of their deaths. A person got murdered at the end of the day. People got killed. We have to respect that. We all must mourn. We have to stand in solidarity as a whole. I don't consider the BLM movement to be racist - we are focusing on a particular problem being brought forward by thousands and thousands of people, asking for justice, asking for respect asking for peace and fairness - we all must listen. We owe our fellow human brothers and sisters our compassion.

And don't insult an entire people by saying big lips and small brains - the brains are there the lips are there, dogs know when they are destressed, so why treat a human as if they cannot comprehend their own sufferings no more than an animal most would call their best friend.

The world frustrates me.
    Many of the worst areas for black crime are under-policed because the police are simply afraid of being labelled racists, allowing more crime to flourish and discouraging investment and businesses. The areas become.even more poverty stricken as a result and the cycle repeats. The real issue is that police are allowing their fear of being called racists to stop them doing their job. That and radical anti-police black supremacist movements like BLM have gained so much influence in the last few years. The reality is that the statistics do not show any racist discrimination. They show a reasonable response to the fact that blacks commit much more crime than any other demographic. This is just a fact. And I never said "big lips", you complete oaf. I said "big mouths". One is a racist comment and the other, part of an observation that they love to shout their opinions and shout them loudly... but they obviously don't spend much time thinking about them, first. They are basically parrots with loudspeakers, except parrots at least have the capacity to learn stuff. Funnily enough, this is EXACTLY what I would expect from a supporter of BLM and proves my point about the entire movement. If there is nothing racist, they try to find it until they have to make something up to keep the victim narrative going. Here you basically just lied and mis-quoted me. Thank you for proving me right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Lmao a hashtag definitely belongs in front of such a dismissive statement like "all lives matter" when the same kinda people are constantly being treated like **** by cops, getting done by cops untold times. "All lives matter" is just cowardly. I don't quite follow what's going on with "BLM" what they're doing and what's happening to them during the protests or whatever but I'm aware of the reasonable intentions behind its origin. And "all lives matter" sounds like sarcasm and denial and it's tasteless. If you don't support BLM fine lol just keep quiet, or just have the balls to admit these cops are going mad.
    nice troll, I'm not biting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Good Doctor)
    Many of the worst areas for black crime are under-policed because the police are simply afraid of being labelled racists, allowing more crime to flourish and discouraging investment and businesses. The areas become.even more poverty stricken as a result and the cycle repeats. The real issue is that police are allowing their fear of being called racists to stop them doing their job. That and radical anti-police black supremacist movements like BLM have gained so much influence in the last few years. The reality is that the statistics do not show any racist discrimination. They show a reasonable response to the fact that blacks commit much more crime than any other demographic. This is just a fact. And I never said "big lips", you complete oaf. I said "big mouths". One is a racist comment and the other, part of an observation that they love to shout their opinions and shout them loudly... but they obviously don't spend much time thinking about them, first. They are basically parrots with loudspeakers, except parrots at least have the capacity to learn stuff. Funnily enough, this is EXACTLY what I would expect from a supporter of BLM and proves my point about the entire movement. If there is nothing racist, they try to find it until they have to make something up to keep the victim narrative going. Here you basically just lied and mis-quoted me. Thank you for proving me right.
    Whether its big lips or big mouth again you have lessened an entire race to parrots. That's not really seeking out a racist narrative thats shoving it in ones faces. Calling someone an oaf doesn't take away from whats been said, you don't get to walk over someones opinions just because you spit racist rhethoric and yet don't want to stand firmly by your choice of words and negative attitude. From what I understand, the BLM wants to tackle corrupt and unjust policing which is resulting in the deaths and unfair treatment of many through the justice system. That's a fact. Every race commits crime, regardless of social class or background - but if you're being targeted of course the statistics are going to be skewed. That's a fact on statistics. If a white, asian, or any other hue was killed the problem I have is would you bring up white on white crime etc as a way to justify the issue at hand the way many people often bring on black on black crime. A good few of these black individuals are college educated who are being murdered and locked away. Again its very easy to make assumptions of a group of people you clearly dislike by assigning them to a bunch of numbers and expecting them to all be that way.

The BLM movement stretches far beyond cops. I think it aims to tackle systemic racism on a wider scope. If black people are so violent I'm surprised they haven't just killed everyone and got it over and done with - save yourselves the hassle and play the villains everyone wants you to be. Clearly everyone fears black people enough, why show people mercy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frappé)
    the "real issues" being?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In the african american community:

Single parenthood epidemic
    Chronic poverty
    Gang Culture
    Crack cocaine epidemic
    Violence and crime at disproportionate levels in contrast to other American ethnic groups

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babystayfamous)
    Whether its big lips or big mouth again you have lessened an entire race to parrots. That's not really seeking out a racist narrative thats shoving it in ones faces. Calling someone an oaf doesn't take away from whats been said, you don't get to walk over someones opinions just because you spit racist rhethoric and yet don't want to stand firmly by your choice of words and negative attitude. From what I understand, the BLM wants to tackle corrupt and unjust policing which is resulting in the deaths and unfair treatment of many through the justice system. That's a fact. Every race commits crime, regardless of social class or background - but if you're being targeted of course the statistics are going to be skewed. That's a fact on statistics. If a white, asian, or any other hue was killed the problem I have is would you bring up white on white crime etc as a way to justify the issue at hand the way many people often bring on black on black crime. A good few of these black individuals are college educated who are being murdered and locked away. Again its very easy to make assumptions of a group of people you clearly dislike by assigning them to a bunch of numbers and expecting them to all be that way.

The BLM movement stretches far beyond cops. I think it aims to tackle systemic racism on a wider scope. If black people are so violent I'm surprised they haven't just killed everyone and got it over and done with - save yourselves the hassle and play the villains everyone wants you to be. Clearly everyone fears black people enough, why show people mercy.
    Oh my God. It's like you didn't even read what I said! I am honestly starting to believe you are a trolling now, by deliberately and blatantly straw manning me.

How exactly have I lessened an entire race to parrots? Is Black Lives Matter a race? That's who I was comparing to parrots. Last time I checked, BLM were a political movement, made up of many different races and not a race in and of themselves.

Now. Please point out where and how exactly I was being "racist". If repeating statistical facts are racist then we have nothing more to talk about.

I feel I should also add a disclaimer because people are so desperate to find racism that they love to make stuff up. Despite them being statistically more likely to be criminals, I have no prejudice towards black people. I understand that statistically higher rates of crime amongst the black population have no bearing on individuals. Being in my final year at a university where all different demographics have studied, I am friendly with a handful of black students, mostly from Nigeria and I have nothing against them whatsoever.

So basically your argument is that the US department of Justice and all these other organisations that publish statistics on the criminality of different demographics are racist? Because practically all of them reach the same conclusion, that blacks are more likely to commit crime. Seems rather ad-hoc to me. I bet if they supported your point of view then you wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them. You really have nothing to stand on.

ReputationRep:
    http://blacklivesmatter.com/who-we-are/

They want to fight anti-black racism. I didn't see anything wrong with that. Racism,like terrorism, should be completely destroyed.

US is the land of freedom,right?

Name:  1468469205089.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  27.7 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cipi)
    nice troll, I'm not biting...
    "Nice" copout, "I'm not" buying. The troll thing is so played out when someone disagrees or is not smart enough to add anything contributory. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TercioOfParma)

Chronic poverty
    Gang Culture
    Crack cocaine epidemic
    Violence and crime at disproportionate levels in contrast to other American ethnic groups
    And you don't see how all of those link to chronic poverty? How the poverty links to alienation and leads to gang culture? How the poverty links to poor life quality, which leads to people doing drugs, including cocaine? How in line with the gang culture, caused by the chronic poverty, more black americans go to jail for the crimes committed, and how that then helps at least in part cause the single parenthood issue. (although single parents are hardly a bad thing, and need to as a society stop demonising both single mums and single dads).

ReputationRep:
    "Nice" copout, "I'm not" buying. The troll thing is so played out when someone disagrees or is not smart enough to add anything contributory. :laugh:
    At least I'm not gay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cipi)
    At least I'm not gay
    At least I'm not a moron :rofl:
    What's gay about not agreeing with police brutality? :nah:

ReputationRep:
    At least I'm not a moron :rofl:
    What's gay about not agreeing with cop killers? :nah:
    At least I'm not a retard

ReputationRep:
    Oh my God. It's like you didn't even read what I said! I am honestly starting to believe you are a trolling now, by deliberately and blatantly straw manning me.

How exactly have I lessened an entire race to parrots? Is Black Lives Matter a race? That's who I was comparing to parrots. Last time I checked, BLM were a political movement, made up of many different races and not a race in and of themselves.

Now. Please point out where and how exactly I was being "racist". If repeating statistical facts are racist then we have nothing more to talk about.

I feel I should also add a disclaimer because people are so desperate to find racism that they love to make stuff up. Despite them being statistically more likely to be criminals, I have no prejudice towards black people. I understand that statistically higher rates of crime amongst the black population have no bearing on individuals. Being in my final year at a university where all different demographics have studied, I am friendly with a handful of black students, mostly from Nigeria and I have nothing against them whatsoever.

So basically your argument is that the US department of Justice and all these other organisations that publish statistics on the criminality of different demographics are racist? Because practically all of them reach the same conclusion, that blacks are more likely to commit crime. Seems rather ad-hoc to me. I bet if they supported your point of view then you wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them. You really have nothing to stand on.
    All of what you said is true but still how does this justify senseless murders by anyone, more specifically people meant to protect you, and more specifically when the person wasn't a criminal at all. I might not be all loving of blacks myself but police brutality affects everyone around the world and it's all because of apathetic gov'ts and loose laws/policies/politics and that's my issue. Nothing to do with race, me, just the corruption. I don't like where BLM seems to be heading but come on aggravated assault is ok when it's a cop? In US it's blacks targeted but like in Europe and UK white people are treated like scum for being working class and get harassed by cops too. So I empathise kinda.

Chronic poverty
    Gang Culture
    Crack cocaine epidemic
    This ^ can be said about the American Indians in US, and they have the excuse of "traumas," because of the colonialism and forced migrations. Don't blacks have hat excuse too, with slavery and that? And those same things you listed affect everyone around the world, don't they? Don't people go through it here who aren't even black? So struggle isn't racial, nor is crime, but police killings are in US-says the media anyway. And that's honestly not on. It's not my problem but apparently it's anarchy.

Seeing Londoners doing the BLM marches, though...dunno lol it's not the same situation here :erm:.

ReputationRep:
    Umm.. I think BLM supporters and participants have a good intentions and fighting for a good cause. Not all BLM supporters are violent, I don't think its fair to generalize an entire group/movement because of a couple bad seeds.

When A couple of black BLM radicals inflect harm then people want to claim every BLM supporter is violent and racist yet when white shooters murder children at schools, or churches then its a mental illness

I'm not trying to be rude or offensive but that is usually the case with some people.

ReputationRep:
    What social impact do I think it will have?

Honestly, I don't know. I don't think it will be positive, regardless of the intentions. I see it as an angry outburst from the Black community that's more likely to create problems than solve them.Trump is basically a similar angry outburst from the White community, and he never should have been the nominee. I can tell you that both groups are completely fed up with our lives in the US and the status quo, and want to go in opposite directions. I'm not seeing room for compromise here... everything they do to put pressure on us is just going to make us madder, and everything we do to quell them is going to make them madder.

ReputationRep:
    A bunch of divisive, increasingly violent rabble rousers that spread misinformation, fear and mistrust in the name of justice. They react to things before they really know any of the details and constantly make accusations of racism based entirely on hearsay and innuendo.

And thanks mostly to BLM, no-one ever hears about whites, Hispanics, or anyone else killed by police brutality, despite being the majority of deaths. Move over, unarmed white guy shot in the back; a black man with a gun got shot in his car! Black lives matter! Racism! Murder!

ReputationRep:
    All of what you said is true but still how does this justify senseless murders by anyone, more specifically people meant to protect you, and more specifically when the person wasn't a criminal at all. I might not be all loving of blacks myself but police brutality affects everyone around the world and it's all because of apathetic gov'ts and loose laws/policies/politics and that's my issue. Nothing to do with race, me, just the corruption. I don't like where BLM seems to be heading but come on aggravated assault is ok when it's a cop? In US it's blacks targeted but like in Europe and UK white people are treated like scum for being working class and get harassed by cops too. So I empathise kinda.
    I never said senseless murders by anyone, including police, are justified. I am also not trying to deny that racism exists amongst the police and that at least some cop killings/brutality are racially motivated. My general point is that there is no evidence of systematic racism and the knee-jerk anti-police rhetoric spouted by BLM whenever a black person is shot by police, whether it was justified or not, helps no one and makes everything worse. So much of the BLM outrage is in response to shootings that were either entirely justified or had no actual evidence that there was any racial motivation. They care nothing for the facts or context of the incidents. All they care about is that a black person got shot by a white policeman and they use it to further their racist, black supremacist agenda.

They should be renamed #factsdontmatter - because they obviously don't care about facts or that much for black lives, otherwise they would acknowledge and act against the fact that far more blacks are killed by other non law-enforcement blacks, by a huge margin. As far as they are concerned, black lives only matter if they are taken by whites.

ReputationRep:
    I never said senseless murders by anyone, including police, are justified. I am also not trying to deny that racism exists amongst the police and that at least some cop killings/brutality are racially motivated. My general point is that there is no evidence of systematic racism and the knee-jerk anti-police rhetoric spouted by BLM whenever a black person is shot by police, whether it was justified or not, helps no one and makes everything worse. So much of the BLM outrage is in response to shootings that were either entirely justified or had no actual evidence that there was any racial motivation. They care nothing for the facts or context of the incidents. All they care about is that a black person got shot by a white policeman and they use it to further their racist, black supremacist agenda. They should be renamed #factsdontmatter.
    Yea I don't trust the BLM motives but as far as media shows constantly it's like always them, but I'd never say it's only them. Lol I just said somewhere here that my empathy for any potentially racially motivated police ******** comes from working class whites in EU and UK particularly being treated like scum as well. I've a problem with corruption all around, no matter who it affects, but if it affects blacks most in US then it affects blacks most in US. Thankfully this ain't the US. It's like if black people really wanted change they'd push for laws being changed/created that prosecutes police properly for whatever they do. I don't like the whole BLM thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    And you don't see how all of those link to chronic poverty? How the poverty links to alienation and leads to gang culture? How the poverty links to poor life quality, which leads to people doing drugs, including cocaine? How in line with the gang culture, caused by the chronic poverty, more black americans go to jail for the crimes committed, and how that then helps at least in part cause the single parenthood issue. (although single parents are hardly a bad thing, and need to as a society stop demonising both single mums and single dads).
    Yes, of course it does, but poverty doesn't indicate racism.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, of course it does, but poverty doesn't indicate racism.
    I would argue chronic over representative poverty in a minority group is a pretty good indicator of racism

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.