Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    8ths that weighed 3.5g.

ReputationRep:
    school was terrible. BUT COLLEGE was off the hook! Tough moments here and there, but the banter was just brilliant. Im lucky I caught most of it on video
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Getting a new music CD and listen to beautiful appealing music on the way to school, instead of the electronic wannabes which modern music has now.

ReputationRep:
    I did quite enjoy school but always expected being grown up to be so much better.

Was wrong about that.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's a bit soon for me, since I literally just finished my GCSEs. However I miss social interaction, I don't miss my friends per se just talking casual to people and hearing others talk around me.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Send help, going crazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    Do you miss secondary school? What do you miss the most? :moon:
    I miss messing around, the jokes and the banter. Some of my friends I haven't seen in a while either. But some pretty funny things happened during my time at secondary school!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinomazibs)
    school was terrible. BUT COLLEGE was off the hook! Tough moments here and there, but the banter was just brilliant. Im lucky I caught most of it on video
    You're lucky you caught it on video! I wish I caught all the banter at school on video- some of it was absolutely hilarious!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    Maybe it's a bit soon for me, since I literally just finished my GCSEs. However I miss social interaction, I don't miss my friends per se just talking casual to people and hearing others talk around me.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Send help, going crazy.
    agree cause school is a very sociable place yet the holidays makes you feel so lonely

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Send help, going crazy.
    Just keep yourself very busy, I am atm (I also finished my GCSE'S a few weeks ago.) It makes the time goes by much more quickly, do something where you can meet new people! I know I would go crazy if I was stuck at home every day!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    the not giving a frick part

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    agree cause school is a very sociable place yet the holidays makes you feel so lonely
    I also can't stand being so much around my family!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Jokes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine774)
    Just keep yourself very busy, I am atm (I also finished my GCSE'S a few weeks ago.) It makes the time goes by much more quickly, do something where you can meet new people! I know I would go crazy if I was stuck at home every day!
    Yeah, I know. I don't really give a **** about the people, it was more about the atmosphere.

And staying at home all day, revising is literally what I would choose to do if it was my last day on earth...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Each to their own.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I know. I don't really give a **** about the people, it was more about the atmosphere.

And staying at home all day, revising is literally what I would choose to do if it was my last day on earth...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Each to their own.
    Oh yeah I know what you mean school did have quite a nice atmosphere.

ReputationRep:
    The amount of free time- getting home at 3:30pm and doing sod all in the evening/weekends/holidays.

ReputationRep:
    Hated school. I miss jumping over the gates and exploring London with my two friends. Come to think of it, I think they eventually became drug dealers.

ReputationRep:
    The free time. That's it really. I'd hate to be back there.

ReputationRep:
    I miss when my biggest worry was what my judgmental classmates thought about me...

ReputationRep:
    Atm, I miss everything. Even the shiz that used to annoy me. Now I'm just stuck at home doing nothing.

I miss the routine/familiarity of being in the same places for years, with the same people. Weird to think that somewhere I went 5 days a week is now closed to me. Miss the teachers who I've got to know quite well and who have had a big influence on my school life.

Also the excitement at the start of every year of getting your new timetable and diary and seeing whose class you were in with. Maybe just that sense of 'it's a new year and new start' every September.

All the form group in-jokes, friendships, arguments from 5 years.

The times when you could use Wikipedia as a source for a crappy 'project' and that was acceptable. :moon:

Feeling busy/like you had a purpose. Having lots of variety in the day.

School trips.

Don't miss annoying chavs, pointless tests, outdoor PE in winter.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    I miss my geography teacher, Mike. He was the best teacher I've ever had and has inspired me infinitely.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.