Chittesh's Journey to 3 A*s at A-Level

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Post 3 - 15/07/2016:

Progess - Today:
    Even more lazy today. Just too addicted to FIFA, played it a bit too much - practically the whole day.
    Done around an hour of Further Maths (finished Chapter 1).
    I didn't even look at C2 - I just couldn't be bothered lol even though it was 5:00 when I finished FP1 Chapter 1.

Tasks for tomorrow:
    Finish the last parts of Chapter 3 of C2 and start Chapter 2 - FP1.
    Read all of Chapter 4.
    Complete all of the work so I can enjoy Deontay Wilder's match .

Reflection:
    Continuously played games today and messed around - found some questions on FP1 difficult. To be honest, hoping to start and finish all of Chapter 2 tomorrow for Further Maths and then just revise this topic I found difficult on Chapter 1 using help on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Post 4 - 16/07/2016:

Progess - Today:
    Done around 1 hour 30 minutes of Further Maths today - finished Exercise 2A and nearly all of 2B (Chapter 2). I have to admit - the questions are ****ing long. My laziness is kicking in else I would've finished it but since each question takes long I get bored. Need to get revising properly, slowly improving. This was a real test because I learn really fast and I just go straight onto the exercises and do 2-3 in 1 hour but this was different.

Tasks for tomorrow:
    Finish Chapter 2 of FP1 and Chapter 3 of C2.
    Read all of Chapter 4.

Reflection:
    Don't get bored or lazy over long questions - work hard and just smash it. I need to finish FP1 Chapter 2 tomorrow and the end of Chapter 3 of C2. Tbh, it should only take me 2 hours - not even a lot if I work. Need to start getting into a proper revision mode, doing far too less - need to transform quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Post 5 - 17/07/2016:

Progess - Today:
    Done 1 hour of Further Maths today and played 9 hours of games lol - finished Chapter 2. Going to carry on FP2 - give C2 a break because I've not touched it for 3 weeks and at this point, I clearly cba for it lol.. but as long as I do something it's constructive (FP1).

Tasks for tomorrow:
    Start Chapter 3 of FP1.

Reflection:
    Need to get focused again, barely doing any work right now. Probably 1 hour a day and play games 6-7 hours a day.

ReputationRep:
    Post 6 - 18/07/2016:

Forgot to do this yesterday..
    Progess - Today:
    Done 45 minutes of Further Maths, banged out fifa.

Tasks for tomorrow:
    Do as much of Chapter 3 of FP1 as possible.

Reflection:
    Need to stop playing fifa or do more work to balance it out.

ReputationRep:
    Post 7 - 19/07/2016:
    Progess - Today:
    Probably done about 2 hours or more of FP1 today, yay!!

Tasks for tomorrow:
    Finish Chapter 3 then go over it again to ensure that I know everything because I literally flopped it (struggled on a few questions a lot)...

Watch The Conjuring 2 in Cinema!!

Reflection:
    Happy that I deleted fifa eventually ragequit lmao. Done the most work today (2+ hours) and hopefully I'm going to do the same tomorrow and finish Chapter 3 (in 1 hour) and then just repeat some questions and re-learn the content.

I've got to admit, I never actually learn the stuff properly, I read the examples once (not properly) and then go straight onto the questions - so I'm brave, but stupid lol - feels like I'm rushing it. This one required intense work, clearly I didn't read the examples so I kept flopping questions.

ReputationRep:
    I hope good things will appear

ReputationRep:
    You sound very ambitious. Did you know, only 6.8% of the 10,190 AQA Economics students achieved an A* in June 2015?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lachland Davis)
    I hope good things will appear
    Thank you , I hope so too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tianshan)
    You sound very ambitious. Did you know, only 6.8% of the 10,190 AQA Economics students achieved an A* in June 2015?
    No , I hope I'm one of them :') in June 2018.
    Anyway, do you do economics yourself?
    Some people say it's really easy, but some say it hard (not many). Can you explain to me why it's hard?
    My brother was also a few marks off an A* but I'm just a dumbass so he never talks to me about a levels lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    No , I hope I'm one of them :' in June 2018.
    Anyway, do you do economics yourself?
    Some people say it's really easy, but some say it hard (not many). Can you explain to me why it's hard?
    I do not take Economics myself, but I have a friend who has just sat her AS exams this summer. She says Economics is not difficult at all, although you might struggle with getting grips with the Economic terminology in the first few weeks. There's not really much to learn. Also, if you have a good common sense, you're pretty much sorted.

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tianshan)
    I do not take Economics myself, but I have a friend who has just sat her AS exams this summer. She says Economics is not difficult at all, although you might struggle with getting grips with the Economic terminology in the first few weeks. There's not really much to learn. Also, if you have a good common sense, you're pretty much sorted.

Best of luck!
    Thanks, me too. I have a friend who is predicted A* at A2 economics, although he thinks he got a B at AS. He also got a C in English GCSE g is still determined he can do well and is proving it. He revised since day one though in September,

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Post 8, 9 and 10 - 20/07/2016, 21/07/2016 and 22/07/2016:

Progess
    Finished Chapter 3. Started the Review Exercise and realised how long it is and to a certain extent, how hard it is. Bloody hell, it'll at least take me a week to finish I guess ^_^ (I think it'll take less if I put more hours in now because Chapter 2 is just easy, but long.... unless you make a mistake then it's extremely long).
    Tasks for tomorrow:
    Finish at least 2/3 of the Review Exercise 1 (at least up to 40 questions)... on Q 27 at the moment

Reflection:
    Finally testing my knowledge on these long, (maybe) difficult questions on the Review Exercise lol.

ReputationRep:
    What's funny is that the same people saying you can't get those grades will be one of the first people to congratulate you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rajive)
    What's funny is that the same people saying you can't get those grades will be one of the first people to congratulate you.
    <3. I know lol, I have a strong feeling.
    Anyway, I'll make sure I post my AS results (hopefully they match my words) and pretty much prove them wrong.

ReputationRep:
    You don't need great GCSEs to get good A-Levels. I've watched a YouTube video of a guy who got something like 11 A*s and 1 B at GCSE and ended up with A*AB (I think) at A-Level which is still great but shows that great GCSEs don't mean great A-Levels. To do well at A-Level you need a good work ethic (unlike me!) which you seem to have and have a very solid understanding of the subject (of course ). I started revising a few days before each exam and it was the worst time of my life. I definitely do not recommend it . I hope you get the grades you want! FP3 is where the real fun begins. Good luck!

Edit: Don't listen to those people who were trying to put you down. They are so so wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    You don't need great GCSEs to get good A-Levels. I've watched a YouTube video of a guy who got something like 11 A*s and 1 B at GCSE and ended up with A*AB (I think) at A-Level which is still great but shows that great GCSEs don't mean great A-Levels. To do well at A-Level you need a good work ethic (unlike me!) which you seem to have and have a very solid understanding of the subject (of course ). I started revising a few days before each exam and it was the worst time of my life. I definitely do not recommend it . I hope you get the grades you want! FP3 is where the real fun begins. Good luck!

Edit: Don't listen to those people who were trying to put you down. They are so so wrong!
    Don't worry, I won't listen to them . Thanks, I've started revising (a bit late) but better late than never. I enjoy maths, I want to be the best at it. I want to have a lot of fun and a lot of obstacles which I can overcome. I just wanna 100 UMS across the board in short. I don't think I have a chance to take FP3 unless I decide to learn it in Year 13 summer holidays lol.

P.S: Don't worry, for my GCSEs I revised a day before my exams or I didn't revise for some at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Looks like I shall be starting my Journey to 4A's soon.
    Goodluck Chittesh, Forget the haters.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I wish I did something similar before the start of my AS Year. I like your enthusiasm. Unlike other who have posted here, your GCSE results are amazing - You're totally capable of getting 3 A*s and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

It's not honesty or anything but the selfishness of humans. Anything is possible with hard work and commitment.

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulletzone)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Looks like I shall be starting my Journey to 4A's soon.
    Goodluck Chittesh, Forget the haters.
    Thank you, hopefully you start it. I'll be watching the thread to see how you do as well .
    What A-levels are you planning to choose? Or if you're in year 13, which ones have you chosen?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTechnoGuy)
    Wow, I wish I did something similar before the start of my AS Year. I like your enthusiasm. Unlike other who have posted here, your GCSE results are amazing - You're totally capable of getting 3 A*s and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

It's not honesty or anything but the selfishness of humans. Anything is possible with hard work and commitment.

Good Luck!
    I've changed, haven't I? . I just enjoy it so much now. I've developed a certain mentality that I just have to do Maths, no matter what. Everytime it's get harder, I get angry because I'm lazy. But, on the positive note, I spend more time on it because it takes longer and I get used to revising for long periods of time. I'm just ready to destroy it.

I don't think my GCSE results are good , if I would've revised they'd have been really amazing (I think). But, I don't like to make excuses and I'm not one of them who says all of this. I think about the future and aim to prove myself.

Yeah, I've realised lol some people try to let me down or some people are just blunt in their speech and don't realise what they're saying. Either way, I try to make sure their words don't affect me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite day of the week
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.