Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Unplugging myself from the social media - Your personal experiences... Watch

ReputationRep:
    I expected positive results from ditching social media. Honestly, I find myself feeling bored but now I don't turn to my phone to satisfy my boredom. I spend my time before sleeping, thinking instead of checking who liked my status or who disagreed with my comment, and I forgot how many thoughts pile in my mind before bed, kinda overwhelming but in a good way. Thanks for the motivation, guys. Glad I made this decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rohan187)
    I expected positive results from ditching social media. Honestly, I find myself feeling bored but now I don't turn to my phone to satisfy my boredom. I spend my time before sleeping, thinking instead of checking who liked my status or who disagreed with my comment, and I forgot how many thoughts pile in my mind before bed, kinda overwhelming but in a good way. Thanks for the motivation, guys. Glad I made this decision.
    What social media did you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    My life improved when I stopped using it so much

my friend's good friend's with a psychotherapist, and he said the biggest reason women come to him is because of self-image issues relating to social media
    That's quite sad. Increased technology should be improving people's lives not hampering them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    What social media did you have?
    Honestly, only had Facebook. Had a twitter account but only used it for 1 - 3 weeks, it was never my thing. Facebook, the only thing I found myself doing was arguing with radical activists and people I disagreed with which always ended with insults and unnecessary comments. All I've seen once going on Facebook was negativity all over my wall, on my group chats and my notifications so i gave it up. Bring some positivity back into my life. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    I stopped using Facebook for a few months as I was getting bored with the petty drama some people caused on it. I did feel a bit more relaxed I guess but a bit out of touch. I ended up making a new account but being more selective about my friends.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.