Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you let your BF/GF choose your clothes for you? Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you let your other half choose your clothes?
    Yes
    22.17%
    No
    18.24%
    I'm single
    59.58%

ReputationRep:
    Kind of, if they see something that they think would make me look smexy then yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

If he's given it as a gift and would like me to wear it for a special event or something, then sure

Every day though...no way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    If he's given it as a gift and would like me to wear it for a special event or something, then sure

Every day though...no way

This is basically what I was going to say.*

ReputationRep:
    I'd never wear something that my partner hated, or made him feel uncomfortable, but literally choose my outfits? No.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    I'm single, but i chose yes
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Always

ReputationRep:
    sure

ReputationRep:
    Yep, she has to change my nappy too

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind him having a preference and saying he likes a certain dress or something, if I know he likes an outfit I'll tend to try and wear it more when I'm with him. If he actually started telling me what I could and couldn't wear then that wouldn't be ok.*

ReputationRep:
    Ain't nobody tells me ma business but then again I am pretty fashioned-challenged so I appreciate all the input/gifts I can get!

My girls are generally classy/pretty much do as they're told by the time I've worked my 'daddy AF' magic so reverse proposition is a non-issue :wizard:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'd let him buy me clothes he likes but I wouldn't let him dress me. He's welcome to have an opinion on what I wear but what I wear is my own decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt mind. Unless your bae has kanye sense of fashion and decides to dress you how he dresses Kim Kardashian
    https://i0.wp.com/thesnobette.com/wp...-6-620x413.jpg
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    My partner has a brilliant taste in dresses so i let him pick some out for me when we're shopping and i ask for advice on outfits a lot (i m the indecisive one) but maybe not let him decide what i would wear everyday.

ReputationRep:
    "I like those shirts/shoes/trousers of yours" is the most I'll accept.

100% I would let my boyfriend have an input, especially if he thinks I'll look really good in something, and would let him choose an outfit every once in a while, but not every day. Also, if it didn't make me feel good I wouldn't wear it and he wouldn't have a problem with that.
    For example, he really wants to see me in a red dress (like really badly) but I haven't found one that I feel good in yet, so I don't and he doesn't mind.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.