Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ihatepe's Summer Bucket List watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    13th UPDATE - 15/08/16 TEACHING MY BROTHER TIMES TABLE
    In the past few weeks i've been teaching my brother the times table from 1-12. I felt that he needed this extra tutoring outside of school during the holidays because he's a slow developer, mentally, he's not the same level as his peers - he was a late speaker and although he does well in class his national tests show that he's just scraping on the average bar in year 4. As his brother i have the duty to care :hoppy:

I first went about making him write out the answer to the times table which is easy because he's just counting up in sequence. Then i tested him by yelling out random sums to see if he actually memorised everything and see how fast he can answer it. He's yet to grasp the concept of memorising and refuses to do it because it's ''boring'' :rofl: though he can answer the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 and 11 times tables quite quick, he's still having to sit there and take time to work out the others on the spot, i have no problem with that, it's progress afterall. Afterwards i taught him how to lay out his multiplcation sum vertically in order to workout sums beyond the standard times table which on the right is his good effort after 3 days of teaching i'm quite proud of him and will soon teach him simple algebra and division.

As for his literacy, he don't like books, and i've no idea how to go about teaching him it :/ if you have any ideas, please tell me! He's 9 and only spoke at the age of 5 so naturally his sentence structure still isn't fully making sense and i want to help him with that
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    14th UPDATE - 16/08/16 CINEMA

I went to watch ''Finding Dory'' with my brother today at Vue cinema :hoppy:

it was absolutely worth the wait, baby Dory was adorable, the plot was well thought out, the humour is top. I really love the additional characters in it like Destiny and Bailey, the whale language was hilarious :rofl: and Destiny was sassy AF.
    Though next time i go to the cinema, im gonna come 30 minutes later than the showing time because that 30 minute was spent watching trailers, by the time the film started we were both slouching on that uncomfy seat ( i knew i should have gotten the VIP but we broke atm). My brother accidentally fed his laptop water and so i had to dish out 200 something to get him a new one, so yeah, broke :cry:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    15TH UPDATE - 23/08/16 READING

I've just finished my a book my friend recommended me so this update will be more like a review of the book.
    From my previous post, i've shown you this book that i'm reading

I know what you're thinking lol. i wouldn't have voluntarily picked it up at a book shop but since my friend urged me to read it, i did. According to her, it's very similar to mine and her friendship so i thought i can relate to it and gave it a go.
    Overall it's a very easy book, by that i mean if you're not a reader, then this book will definitely help you pick up the hobby of reading, there's no difficult imagery that leaves readers thinking ''what does that mean?'' so therefore it's understandable and straight forward which is good for beginners who's going on their first read.

This is great, I got through it all and wanting to read the second book, which my friend have bought (sneaky sneaky, im going to ask her for it :rofl: ) Not only do i want to read the next book, but i also want to read altogether which i hope will be a long term interest of mine. I went on amazon to get the book ''The help'' for £2 :woo: after watching the film i was amazed, i've always been interested in black american civil rights movement stories so The Help will definitely be my next read.

Girl online is a very typical teenage story and fantasy, which is good for people/girls like my age but honestly, i've seen so many chick flicks so i can say i've heard it all with the teenage love stories. It got to the point where it was so cheesy, i had to skim through it cos i can literally predict what was going to happen next - A 15 y/o girl goes to america and have a holiday romance with Mr perfect-facial-jawline-structure-who's-also-a-singer...great. That's the middle part of the novel, it just goes on and on about the guy until towards the end where i had to get my tea out cos the end was packed with drama, the bit i was waiting for - backstabbing friends, online rumours, hater comments :rofl: the lot !

ReputationRep:
    Yasss I went to see finding dory too it was sooooo good I completely agree Destiny was great your bucket list looks so good! Really well done with it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    LAST UPDATE - 25/08/16

It was results day today and lets get to the point, i had 9A* and 3A, a reporter from wales argus came and put me along other students on the papers :woo:

Ignore the ''8A* 2 A'' thing, he forgot my other two GCSEs - I've done maths and english lang early so those results were already given to me in january 2016
    It's probably the best result i wanted, though there were subjects like Physics where i feel like it was undeserved since i have no idea what half of the spec meant, i just cant understand the physics concepts, since the exams were mostly maths, i slayed that part :P

I was going to post about the remainder of my holiday by the end of this month but since the deadline is tomorrow, i'll post it now.

Next wednesday, me and my friends have planned to go to Cardiff to buy stationary and school clothes together :hoppy: lol what kind of friends do that? :P
    and since it's bank holiday monday next week, my parents hopefully are taking me to eat out in a japanese restaurant :yes:

________________________________ _____________

regarding my goal for maths A level, i've done C1, i've been really lazy about it this summer, thinking i could have gotten to C2 but that seems impossible. Though i am not yet fluent in C1, i've covered the basics and will only need to do practice questions in school now to get the hang of the concept. Mind you, I am so dumb i have trouble understanding C1 concepts omg, pray for me when i get to C3/4 .

________________________________ _____________

Ive also made DIY toothpaste like i said, here are the stuff

baking soda, coconut oil, peppermint oil, sea salt and water.
    to be very honest, didn't change a single shade on my yellow teeth :cry: and i used it every night for over a month now. my teeth are so stubborn
    ________________________________ ___

To conclude this summer's holiday, it was quite boring. I didn't travel, it was just work, a few DIY here and there, clothes shopping, internet, dancing and results day - which is the highlight of my holiday lol - next year, i swear i will travel even if it means im going by myself.
    This summer, i've picked up reading again after a 6 years hiatus :woo: i can feel myself getting more intelligent LMAO jk. Oh and sixth form starts next week, i know there are posts that laugh at gcse students being excited but i cant help it. of course the real feelings will settle in sooner or later but it feels like my life is finally moving on from school to more school, but serious school.

THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING MY THREAD, good luck to other threads, there are few amazing threads i have in mind that deserve to win

going off.
    Well Done on your results they're fantastic wowowowowww!! I love your blog btw so good luck xxx
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by LiiHyde)
    Well Done on your results they're fantastic wowowowowww!! I love your blog btw so good luck xxx
    Thank you, when I said there are some thread that deserve to win I was referring to you. So much effort and thought goes into your thread and your bucket list was extremely interesting. My holiday was crap :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    Thank you, when I said there are some thread that deserve to win I was referring to you. So much effort and thought goes into your thread and your bucket list was extremely interesting. My holiday was crap :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you so much (we're all in this together I do think yours is definitely in the running for winning) Your holiday looks good to me! (honestly going to see Finding Dory was probably one of my highlights!) It's really sweet that you've gone and helped your brother with his learning (I would have lost my patience so quickly with my little sister!) and your painting are so amazing hfhlsafhsjkse I wish I could paint like that! xx

this is drivel

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.