Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The double standards of feminism Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meemily)
    I completely get you (and I think you actually worded it quite well), it's so stupid assuming things immediately based on someone's looks rather than their actions. People dont seem to be able to look past their prejudices, like they blatantly ignore the facts in front of them just because it doesn't correlate with what they think should've happened based on stereotypes.
    Well...yea...100% you've hit the buzzer there lol nice to see someone on here is finally in tune with the real world. I felt bad for him as well like it was proper demoralising for no reason, while she gets her tears wiped. It would be different if he was threatening her intentionally or did try to touch her or actually did. It was those white knights who came in for no reason. She was fine. He walked away on his own accord to begin with. Eugh lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    This is why you don't get drunk
    Yea well that goes for both of em

but even after being so slaughtered he still was calm
    Can't say the same for her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    Alright..
    I think we are on rather unnecessary details at the moment lol. The point is that I believe the notion that women need protecting and are more valuable and vulnerable than men is one that has been around since before feminism, but modern feminism is certainly capitalising on it (and perhaps worsening it to some extent).
    Strange to find so many drunk feminists in one pub lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Strange to find so many drunk feminists in one pub lol
    Incidentally in the pub I mainly go to recently there was an eye-brow raising incident, although admittedly the guy was more in the wrong here than in your tale. He works there (not on this particular night) and has access to staff toilets, a girl asks where they are because she thinks she's above the public ones or something...he says he'll show her to them if she promises to buy him a pint. She does, and off they go, then after she refuses to buy him a pint. He gets annoyed and, obviously immaturely, nabs a couple of her cigarettes as "ransom" (worth a lot less than a pint might I add). Then she goes off crying and everyone gets crazy pissed at him and tells him to apologise. Of course I think it is not worth creating drama over a pint, but it is strange how a woman can always seem to just cry and get unlimited sympathy. If he had started sobbing over not getting a pint the reactions would be less than kind..

ReputationRep:
    Incidentally in the pub I mainly go to recently there was an eye-brow raising incident, although admittedly the guy was more in the wrong here than in your tale. He works there (not on this particular night) and has access to staff toilets, a girl asks where they are because she thinks she's above the public ones or something...he says he'll show her to them if she promises to buy him a pint. She does, and off they go, then after she refuses to buy him a pint. He gets annoyed and, obviously immaturely, nabs a couple of her cigarettes as "ransom" (worth a lot less than a pint might I add). Then she goes off crying and everyone gets crazy pissed at him and tells him to apologise. Of course I think it is not worth creating drama over a pint, but it is strange how a woman can always seem to just cry and get unlimited sympathy. If he had started sobbing over not getting a pint the reactions would be less than kind..
    I don't see an issue with the **** ransom thing :indiff: someone ate a taco off me without my permission like I left n come back it's gone so I ate their crisps. It's only principle, don't see how it's immature even if it is lol She's in the wrong and why are they steppin in for that of all things? ...why did she even cry over that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    I don't see an issue with the **** ransom thing :indiff: someone ate a taco off me without my permission like I left n come back it's gone so I ate their crisps. It's only principle, don't see how it's immature even if it is lol She's in the wrong and why are they steppin in for that of all things? ...why did she even cry over that?
    It's an interesting area. I think on principle he is in the right, but in practice he should have, if anything, tried to argue his case more rather than resorting to ransom (your situation is different, once they have eaten the taco, that taco is gone - here we are talking about a prospective pint). I also expect that most people would just let this sort of thing go, preferring the avoidance of drama over the rightful attainment of a pint. Either way I think if anyone should be apologising in that situation it should be her.

I don't know that's the thing lol. It's like people narrow their focus down to "he made woman cry, he bad" ignoring any nuance and always looking at gender relationships first. It is insulting to both sexes to be honest, people treating women like infants and treating men like their feelings and opinions must always be subordinate to women's

ReputationRep:
    It's an interesting area. I think on principle he is in the right, but in practice he should have, if anything, tried to argue his case more rather than resorting to ransom (your situation is different, once they have eaten the taco, that taco is gone - here we are talking about a prospective pint). I also expect that most people would just let this sort of thing go, preferring the avoidance of drama over the rightful attainment of a pint. Either way I think if anyone should be apologising in that situation it should be her.

I don't know that's the thing lol. It's like people narrow their focus down to "he made woman cry, he bad" ignoring any nuance and always looking at gender relationships first. It is insulting to both sexes to be honest, people treating women like infants and treating men like their feelings and opinions must always be subordinate to women's
    Yea, well common sense is ironically uncommon :facepalm2:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.