Turn on thread page Beta

34908seikj's Summer [AS revision] Bucket List watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    I have accepted it, as it the first step to recovery.

Damn, I'm not even that unfit though.... Like I could probably run a 10k. I'd die if I attempted an actual marathon though
    *Do a Marathon
    Spoiler:
    Show
    For me plz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    *Do a Marathon
    Spoiler:
    Show
    For me plz
    This is just your way of killing me... meany.

I'll add it to my summer list; do a 10k... or some sort of marathon then - but not a full one. I'd be so slow though since I'd have to keep stoping to catch the Pokemons

ReputationRep:
    This is just your way of killing me... meany.

I'll add it to my summer list; do a 10k... or some sort of marathon then - but not a full one. I'd be so slow though since I'd have to keep stoping to catch the Pokemons
    Shameless you are

ReputationRep:
    Shameless you are
    No, but there would be a lot of others playing Pokemon, not just me. Gotta' catch 'em all!

ReputationRep:
    What exam board for maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HFancy1997)
    What exam board for maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It will be for Edexcel.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    im so jelly of your C1 progress D: i've got polynomials, binomial, and differientation left before doing past papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    im so jelly of your C1 progress D: i've got polynomials, binomial, and differientation left before doing past papers
    How much time are you spending per day/week covering it though? Also, since you don't mention integration I assume you've already done it? Which brings me to my question, how on earth have you done integration before differentiation ?

ReputationRep:
    How much time are you spending per day/week covering it though? Also, since you don't mention integration I assume you've already done it? Which brings me to my question, how on earth have you done integration before differentiation ?
    Which year are you in?

ReputationRep:
    Which year are you in?
    11, going into 12. The same as you numnuts....
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    im covering like 1 hour on some nights im pretty lazy now adays doing other things so im going easy on the maths :hoppy: i just checked the C1 spec and the word integration isnt even in it. the maths book for C1 doesnt have integration either so maybe its not on the wjec C1 module, but C2. how long do you spend for maths a day?

ReputationRep:
    11, going into 12. The same as you numnuts....
    Ahh and you're a revising?! Wow i haven't even bough my books yet

ReputationRep:
    im covering like 1 hour on some nights im pretty lazy now adays doing other things so im going easy on the maths :hoppy: i just checked the C1 spec and the word integration isnt even in it. the maths book for C1 doesnt have integration either so maybe its not on the wjec C1 module, but C2. how long do you spend for maths a day?
    Oh. I'm doing usually around 5-8 hours a day o.O I don't know the wjec spec, as I'm doing Edexcel

ReputationRep:
    Ahh and you're a revising?! Wow i haven't even bough my books yet
    While I do have books, I hardly use them as there is plenty of resources on the internet!

http://www.examsolutions.net/maths-r...cification.php
    https://mathswebsite.com/a-level
    http://www.mrbartonmaths.com
    http://www.furthermaths.org.uk/edexcel-revision
    http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/maths-revision/
    http://www.themathsteacher.com/a_level_maths.php
    http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/alevel.html
    http://www.madasmaths.com/archive_iy...ce_papers.html
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Oh. I'm doing usually around 5-8 hours a day o.O I don't know the wjec spec, as I'm doing Edexcel
    damnnn you really like maths lol do you reckon you'll have to keep going over it again until the exam? because i feel like i do forget things as time goes by oh and sorry for spamming your blog post omfg, this will be my last reply :P

ReputationRep:
    Differentiation and integration in c1 for edexcel:O, we did those in c2 for mei. Anyway how you finding it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    damnnn you really like maths lol do you reckon you'll have to keep going over it again until the exam? because i feel like i do forget things as time goes by oh and sorry for spamming your blog post omfg, this will be my last reply :P
    It's okay, I don't mind.

I'm not really revising for the exam, more revising to advance / progress, If that makes sense. Obviously I'll go back to C1 and the other units when the exams come around and make sure I have all my bases covered.
    Right now at least, I haven't forgotten anything I have covered in C1 then again, C1 isn't exactly a large unit, or even a hard one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HFancy1997)
    Differentiation and integration in c1 for edexcel:O, we did those in c2 for mei. Anyway how you finding it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, I've finished C1 now. It was really easy, very GCSE-esk. Non of the concepts covered in C1 are hard nor was the maths 'new'. Unlike, for example in FP1s matrices, which I'd never covered before so I struggled a little when it came to learning how to multiply them and just generally manipulate them, but once I got used to it they're pretty easy as well.

ReputationRep:
    Week one : Day seven

Somewhat early update compared to the timing of my others. This is because I have developed a blister on my left heal. It hurts. I tried going to the park to play some Pokemon but had to turn back . I also have a small update on the volunteering which I wanted to do; even though I forgot to put it on the list. I originally wanted to volunteer at my local dog shelter but I guess I wasn’t the only one with this idea, I ran them up and they said they could take me on because too many people were already doing it. They did however suggest that I could walk some of the dogs, though I don’t think I’ll be doing that since I already need to walk my dog and I don’t have the time or energy to walk two dogs.

This morning was strange. I went to bed at around 1:30 am so that would usually mean I would wake up in the morning at around 9am - which is actually quite late for me today. I instead awoke at 5:30am, give or take 15mins. And I wasn’t able to get back to bed, however the strange thing was, although I only had four hours of sleep I felt super energetic and, well, not tired. Because of this I was able to get a TON of revision done today, which is always nice .

The early start enabled me to start revising at 7:30 am and since I didn’t have to take my brother to school today I was able to revise uninterrupted for a good 4 hours. During those four hours I was able to knock matrices out of the water; I’ve completely covered them now, or at least I’ve covered the FP1 specification for matrices. After a long and deserved, if I may say so myself, break I got back to work at 1:30 pm starting the new chapter ‘Proofs of induction’. I’ve only got around 3 hours into the topic so I’m still quite unfamiliar with them, but still, I think they’re my favourite - I don’t really know what to call it? I guess proofs of induction are my favourite discipline I’ve come across so far. I’ve only gone through proofs of induction with sequences and series but it’s so, strange. Having to set your workout so meticulously and clear - which I’m not exactly used to yet.

As I prefaced this post with; I have developed a blister, so unfortunately I haven’t been able to play much Pokemon today - Infact I haven’t even caught one today since the ****ing servers have been down for most of the day. So I’m probably going to have to wait at least a couple of days to start walking long distances again! Which is infuriating since I have a 10km egg that I really want to hatch . That said, with my new found time I guess I can start reading my book again, which I am yet to pick up since I’ve been so busy these last two days!

Now, targets to achieve for next week:

I’m going to try and set myself sensible targets, so nothing too ambitious this week. Firstly, by this time next week I aim to have read at least 5 chapters into my book [The code book], Secondly, find an alternative for work experience / volunteering, I’m not quite sure that that will entail exactly since working with Animals is the only volunteering work i really wanted to do; and I’m not sure I want to work with kids lol. Thirdly, completely cover Proofs by induction and to have started ‘coordinate systems’ - I’m not too sure what that encompasses exactly, from the sounds of things, just harder, probably much harder coordinate geometry.

ReputationRep:
    Week one : Day seven

Somewhat early update compared to the timing of my others. This is because I have developed a blister on my left heal. It hurts. I tried going to the park to play some Pokemon but had to turn back . I also have a small update on the volunteering which I wanted to do; even though I forgot to put it on the list. I originally wanted to volunteer at my local dog shelter but I guess I wasn’t the only one with this idea, I ran them up and they said they could take me on because too many people were already doing it. They did however suggest that I could walk some of the dogs, though I don’t think I’ll be doing that since I already need to walk my dog and I don’t have the time or energy to walk two dogs.

This morning was strange. I went to bed at around 1:30 am so that would usually mean I would wake up in the morning at around 9am - which is actually quite late for me today. I instead awoke at 5:30am, give or take 15mins. And I wasn’t able to get back to bed, however the strange thing was, although I only had four hours of sleep I felt super energetic and, well, not tired. Because of this I was able to get a TON of revision done today, which is always nice .

The early start enabled me to start revising at 7:30 am and since I didn’t have to take my brother to school today I was able to revise uninterrupted for a good 4 hours. During those four hours I was able to knock matrices out of the water; I’ve completely covered them now, or at least I’ve covered the FP1 specification for matrices. After a long and deserved, if I may say so myself, break I got back to work at 1:30 pm starting the new chapter ‘Proofs of induction’. I’ve only got around 3 hours into the topic so I’m still quite unfamiliar with them, but still, I think they’re my favourite - I don’t really know what to call it? I guess proofs of induction are my favourite discipline I’ve come across so far. I’ve only gone through proofs of induction with sequences and series but it’s so, strange. Having to set your workout so meticulously and clear - which I’m not exactly used to yet.

As I prefaced this post with; I have developed a blister, so unfortunately I haven’t been able to play much Pokemon today - Infact I haven’t even caught one today since the ****ing servers have been down for most of the day. So I’m probably going to have to wait at least a couple of days to start walking long distances again! Which is infuriating since I have a 10km egg that I really want to hatch . That said, with my new found time I guess I can start reading my book again, which I am yet to pick up since I’ve been so busy these last two days!

Now, targets to achieve for next week:

I’m going to try and set myself sensible targets, so nothing too ambitious this week. Firstly, by this time next week I aim to have read at least 5 chapters into my book [The code book], Secondly, find an alternative for work experience / volunteering, I’m not quite sure that that will entail exactly since working with Animals is the only volunteering work i really wanted to do; and I’m not sure I want to work with kids lol. Thirdly, completely cover Proofs by induction and to have started ‘coordinate systems’ - I’m not too sure what that encompasses exactly, from the sounds of things, just harder, probably much harder coordinate geometry.
    Such a sad story

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.