The Student Room Group

"SJW" are right on job discrimination.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Truths
I work in a job where I have to process up to 50 resumés per day. And I saw a very prominent trend.

White Male privilege
I have come across countless CV's in which white men with barely 2 GCSE's were earning around 35-45k per annum. I could not believe my eyes. Although I must take into account that these men were old, so they were of a simpler less competitive generation, and also they worked at the same job for long periods of time and thus promotions are to be expected. I did not see this trend in POC applicants.

Sexism
- The average female applicant got paid less than men for pretty much the same work
- The average female applicant works harder than men imo, especially asian (women with islamic names) vs their male counterparts. I say they worked harder because their salaries were awful for pretty typical jobs. I came across women who worked for a company for 3 years and yet they would only be earning around 16k per annum. That means their entry salary could may been even worse.

Racism
I saw that my colleagues were far more lenient and patient with applicants with "white sounding" names, as opposed to asian/african names.

You make certain assumptions like having 2 GCSE's makes you no good for the work world. Maybe they people were simply not caring at school then showed themselves to be very capable in the business world. It happens a lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Truths
Lol that's white privilege or ya.

What. She has friends in similar situations who were black and asian too. They just worked their arses off and learnt.

Original post by Truths

There are?

Then the system is working as intended then?

Original post by Truths

Yes i did forget to mention, applicants with Islamic names and EE/EU passport holders generally had bad decorum.

Women always had better applications than men, but their salaries were ridiculously low.

Well, then that answers why they had more patience with native british people then.

Also, you seem to be missing out how women have more tendency to take time off, take more time off if they have children, will often use private healthcare more often( if your company even offers it). Basically, it makes sense since women are on average less reliable employees than men, and that is assuming that the work you're offering isn't more suited to men anyway (for instance construction work).
Original post by Truths
I work in a job where I have to process up to 50 resumés per day. And I saw a very prominent trend.

White Male privilege
I have come across countless CV's in which white men with barely 2 GCSE's were earning around 35-45k per annum. I could not believe my eyes. Although I must take into account that these men were old, so they were of a simpler less competitive generation, and also they worked at the same job for long periods of time and thus promotions are to be expected. I did not see this trend in POC applicants.

Sexism
- The average female applicant got paid less than men for pretty much the same work
- The average female applicant works harder than men imo, especially asian (women with islamic names) vs their male counterparts. I say they worked harder because their salaries were awful for pretty typical jobs. I came across women who worked for a company for 3 years and yet they would only be earning around 16k per annum. That means their entry salary could may been even worse.

Racism
I saw that my colleagues were far more lenient and patient with applicants with "white sounding" names, as opposed to asian/african names.

Cool story bro.
Reply 23
Original post by TercioOfParma
What. She has friends in similar situations who were black and asian too. They just worked their arses off and learnt.

Then the system is working as intended then?

Well, then that answers why they had more patience with native british people then.

What I meant to say is that there are thousands of women suing lol.
Original post by Truths
What I meant to say is that there are thousands of women suing lol.

I know what you meant.
Nonsense, accountancy, finance and medicine are dominated by asians. So much of our corporate and academic ads/media is dominated by pro BME propaganda.
HR people are always backstabbing liberal white women with problem glasses.
Original post by Bedrock100
You make certain assumptions like having 2 GCSE's makes you no good for the work world. Maybe they people were simply not caring at school then showed themselves to be very capable in the business world. It happens a lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it were 20 years ago and they took on further study then it's hardly surprising. Some guy at my high school was a bad student but when he left started his own business and is now more wealthy than most of the people who got top results. It's not unfair, he sorted his life out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending