Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Muslims of TSR- Your thoughts and opinions are wanted watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Stop saying nonsense, these guys don't commit terrorist attacks because of "hate crimes".
    All I said was that further hate crimes could fuel further radicalization. Neither of us knows for sure why these atrocities occur.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    It's a Catch-22 situation, honestly, people become more afraid of muslims and islam because of various reasons therefore are less accepting of muslims which feeds radicalisation which then leads to more atrocity. It needs to stop.

I don't think Trump will get in tbh, isn't Clinton in the lead?

Agreed.

And I haven't been keeping up, but hopefully he doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly didn't know tbh, if you don't mind me asking, have you or anyone you know experienced islamophobia as a direct or indirect consequence of widely publicized terror attacks?
    I don't mind, and no I've never experienced any on a personal level. Wrt to others, depends what you define ''Islamophobia'' as tbh. Do weird, perhaps threatening looks count? :dontknow: (talking mainly females here)

I mean I've heard stories of people having been victimised - but unless something specific is said, it's hard to pinpoint the motive behind these actions. It could've been Islamophobia, it could've been racism, they might've not liked the way the person looked or anything lol. Generally, I feel the people who act upon their beliefs through violence don't actually know what they're saying anyway, so that doesn't help either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BristolFresher15)
    Agreed.

And I haven't been keeping up, but hopefully he doesn't.
    I don't think he will to be truthful, the last thing the world needs is Trump parading around running his mouth causing problems with all sorts of world leaders and further legitimising racism and islamophobia.

ReputationRep:
    Dear Muslim Community of TSR

Following the events of the Nice terror attack, I'm wondering how you all feel whenever you hear or see on the news about a terrorist attack happening somewhere in the world, especially, but not limited to, the western world. I know the vast majority of muslims (both on TSR and irl) are peaceful and wish to just get on with their lives without being stereotyped as a terrorist or ISIS nut.

If you are muslim and reading this please post below, I would very much appreciate it.

Just to make it clear I do not associate muslims with terrorism and I don't want this thread to turn into a hate debate. I just want honest thoughts and reactions

Have you ever experienced Islamophobia because of terrorist attacks happening personally? That is what I'm trying to get at here.
    Your don't want Muslims to further be associated with terrorism, however, you chose to go on and make a thread further associating Muslims with terrorism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mancini)
    Your don't want Muslims to further be associated with terrorism, however, you chose to go on and make a thread further associating Muslims with terrorism.
    Am I not allowed to ask a significant proportion of TSR a question? That's like saying I'm not allowed to ask women a question just because Margaret Thatcher messed stuff up or I'm not allowed to ask Austrians questions because of Hitler

ReputationRep:
    All I'm saying is don't contradict yourself, you can't sugarcoat the fact you just did what you stated you did not want to do. No matter how large a percentage of muslims make up TSR.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I feel scared just like anyone else would when leaving home because who knows what these mentally unstable people will preach next and who they'll target and when they will turn fukin insane out of their skin in public.

ReputationRep:
    It's like that famous line, I'm not racist but ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AKC...)
    To be honest, I'd prefer Islam to not be dragged down into this. It's political, any motives in these attacks are all about geographical/economic control. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    To be honest, I feel scared just like anyone else would when leaving home because who knows what these mentally unstable people will preach next and who they'll target and when they will turn fukin insane out of their skin in public.
    Why? It's only a minority of muslims who behave like this?

ReputationRep:
    The religion of peace strikes again!

ReputationRep:
    Only a minority of Germans were Nazis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ATW1)
    You mean 'mentally ill, uneducated terrorists strike again'

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but when someone's unstable mentally, they're unpredictable - and there's a lot of Muslims surrounding my area who seem as though they're slowly falling onto a path of misguidance and eventually might end up believing some uneducated preachers.

And then there's also the lot who won't tolerateislam.

ReputationRep:
    You mean 'mentally ill, uneducated terrorists strike again'
    Not all Muslims are mentally ill, uneducated terrorists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ATW1)
    Not all Muslims are mentally ill, uneducated terrorists.
    All terrorists are. Terrorism isn't a religious gain, it's political. Hence religion isn't tied with terrorism. However terrorism is tied in with the western politics a lot more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ATW1)
    "The religion of peace" is a traditional name for Buddhism which has been in use for over two millennia. Please don't associate Buddhism with the religion of Mara, it's like saying that black is white.

ReputationRep:
    All terrorists are. Terrorism isn't a religious gain, it's political. Hence religion isn't tied with terrorism. However terrorism is tied in with the western politics a lot more.
    Then what about the politics dictated by Mohammad's (pbuh) Islam? If a religion involves itself with politics and terrorism arises from that theocratic viewpoint doesn't that make the religion associated with the terrorism, especially if it's called for in the religious doctrine?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Just to clarify, the oldest known version of Islam, the one recorded in the Qu'ran (aka the literal interpretation, we know it to be the original Islam by studying the religion's history and Mo's (pbuh) life), details the politics of the Mo's (pbuh) caliphate and instructs people to adopt this in all other countries through violence if necessary. That's the one I'm asking about, not the later, much more peaceful sects.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree. Are you denying that there is a strong correlation between Islam and terrorism?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.