Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    Holy **** man, you seem to have a fetish for Islam.
    It's almost like it's quite a pertinent subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay_Cartwright)
    No, it isn't but the majority that do it mainly just want to attack brown people and get away with it.

If you just focus on the koran and criticize it and know all races can be a Muslim, then you're not racist.
    Why would they want to just attack brown people? There are hundreds of reasons to attack the Qu'ran or the Hadiths. Why don't you think that there isn't likely to be a large amount of people who are aware of those reasons, and that its far more likely that people just want to a hate a group of people for the colour of their skin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingBradly)
    Why would they want to just attack brown people? There are hundreds of reasons to attack the Qu'ran or the Hadiths. Why don't you think that there isn't likely to be a large amount of people who are aware of those reasons, and that its far more likely that people just want to a hate a group of people for the colour of their skin?
    Not only do people question the motivations of those willing to address the problem, they question the motivations of the attacker to begin with.

The mind reading ability of apologists is quite impressive. All I have to work on is facts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damien96)
    Grow up, the insult of choice for the adolescent mind.

I'm not a victim and I will not stop criticising Islam. I also won't stop criticising those who try to stop me criticising Islam.
    Critisise it all you want, wherever you want. You have this freedom, who's stopping you?

I swear some people are desperate to feel like they're being oppressed when they're really not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sh9)
    Critisise it all you want, wherever you want. You have this freedom, who's stopping you?

I swear some people are desperate to feel like they're being oppressed when they're really not.
    I don't feel oppressed, I was making an ironic point about apologists and those that seek to deflect from having the conversation in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing wrong with criticising Islam. However, it is wrong to be bigoted towards Muslims. I don't understand why people can't comprehend this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay_Cartwright)
    Islam isn't a race no.But usually most of the people who say this are just racist against brown people anyway.Several Sikhs have been battered in America shortly after 9/11 because people wanted "revenge" and a Hindu man in Wales almost had his head chopped off while the welsh neo nazi was shouting "for Lee Rigby".I literally saw a youtube video where a Muslim woman was getting called a "Sand Rat" (a racial comment against middle eastern/ south asians) and the video was called "racist woman etc." and a comment was "Islam isn't a race".The phrase "Islam isn't a race" is mainly just used by racist people who use Islam as a cover.
    i beieve the victim in north wales was actually a sikh, targetted possibly for wearing his turban - ironically the far right dimwit who did it drew inspiration from Islamic state videos he had on his laptop.theres no question that some naturally racist ppl use the problems islamists are causing as an excuse to vent their views about 'brown ppl' but as has been pointed out here many times before - not all asians are muslim, in fact most of asia is not islamic. islam is not an asian religion it is an abrahamic one - it arrived in aisa by war and those asian muslims are simply ancestors of those conquered and colonised. Hinduism Sikhism Buddhism Taoism and Jainism are asian religions and have little in common with islam , which has more ideological similarities with judaism in europedimwit far right racists arnt going to realise this fact

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    There is nothing wrong with criticising Islam. However, it is wrong to be bigoted towards Muslims. I don't understand why people can't comprehend this?
    I wholly agree.

The term Islamophobia has a lot to do with this. Muslimophobia is abhorrent, Islamophobia is perfectly reasonable, if by phobia we mean a fear or hatred.

ReputationRep:
    Lol.
    You are aware that Islam is a religion not a race. Anyone can be a muslim so its impossible to be "racist" to a Muslim.

Nothing wrong with criticising a religion, however discriminating someone for being a muslim is definately a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Lol.
    You are aware that Islam is a religion not a race. Anyone can be a muslim so its impossible to be "racist" to a Muslim.

Nothing wrong with criticising a religion, however discriminating someone for being a muslim is definately a problem.
    I know, I was being ironic.

ReputationRep:
    lol why do so many of generation snowflake get triggered if anyone says they are racist?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I hate it when the tumblr posting, middle class social justice warriors trot this old chestnut out!

ReputationRep:
    being critical of Islam is fine

but criticising all of Islam because of the actions of terrorists who evidently purport a different/warped version of Islam is unwarranted and bigoted

ReputationRep:
    it is justified islam is the problem in this world along with gays

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damien96)
    And this despite the fact that most victims of Islamic terrorism are Muslims.
    Islam started with violences and wars. So of course the victims are muslims themselves.
    Many muslims are ready to kill their wives, children, family for the sake of islam.
    Use your brain.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.