Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

B1014 – National Security and Religion Control Bill 2016 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Stripping someone's nationality for being a terror suspect? That is not a good thing at all, the punishment follows the crime. I believe we need to be tougher and stronger on the face of terrorism however stripping a suspect of their rights is wrong, especially as they may not be guilty.

ReputationRep:
    I've spotted that perhaps the banning of foreign funding could cause issues with the Catholic Church, should it for whatever reason wish to use foreign funding in the UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wellzi)
    I've spotted that perhaps the banning of foreign funding could cause issues with the Catholic Church, should it for whatever reason wish to use foreign funding in the UK
    Just in case you were looking central compensation for any criminal activity that the RCC was involved in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Just in case you were looking central compensation for any criminal activity that the RCC was involved in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wellzi)
    What?
    Any abuse claims for compensation would probably be blocked by this.

ReputationRep:
    Places of religious gathering should have surveillance cameras and audio recorders that have a direct live feed to intelligence agencies so that we can make sure that they are not spreading extremism in these places. The speakers at these places should also only speak English to make it easier for intelligence services to listen to what they are saying, and this is the UK, so of course they should be speaking English.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    Places of religious gathering should have surveillance cameras and audio recorders that have a direct live feed to intelligence agencies so that we can make sure that they are not spreading extremism in these places. The speakers at these places should also only speak English to make it easier for intelligence services to listen to what they are saying, and this is the UK, so of course they should be speaking English.
    Even in the Welsh-speaking Methodist chapels of rural Wales?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Even in the Welsh-speaking Methodist chapels of rural Wales?
    I did not expect to hear you debating with us, Mr Speaker. There will be exceptions for cases like that. We want a native language of the UK to be spoken.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    I did not expect to hear you debating with us, Mr Speaker. There will be exceptions for cases like that. We want a native language of the UK to be spoken.
    I just wanted that clarification, given I consider one of my duties to be ensuring all parts of the UK are given fair consideration in the House's debates.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This bill is in cessation.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    This has been withdrawn

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.