ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dd maths)
    Thank you for your advice. I will contact OCR and decide my next plan
    If you haven't done so already, also check with
    http://www.thetutorialfoundation.co....nation-centre/
    London Brooke's
    Pascals college
    Duff Miller

Www.greenes.org.uk is probably too far to travel.

Also discuss with Ealing whether it's ok to take the practical in one centre and the exams elsewhere to take advantage of cheaper exam papers.

The price on the examiners web site is the fee that they charge the centre, the centre can charge you anything they want to for the services they provide.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmbaJade)
    I'm also a private candidate and have decided to take my 3 A-levels in one year, so I'll be sitting my exams in the summer of 2017. You can either take your A-levels through on online college like Oxford Open Learning or NEC, this means you get access to E-books and tutors whenever you need but you can also just go solo and do it yourself. You'll need to decide what exam boards your are going to take your A-level subjects with and then buy the best textbooks on offer, then try find some local exam centres that offer private candidates a place to sit exams for your chosen exam board. If you're thinking of going through OCR check this out http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/257982-...es-2015-16.pdf. Then do some research to find a centre near you and contact them asap.
    For Biology, it depends on what field you wish to go into. If you want to go into medicine or veterinary science, you will need to do the practical endorsement to show your chosen college you're capable of being in a lab setting. Again, you'll need to find a college that offers practical endorsement programs and sign up with them. It's really important that you match your practical endorsement with your chosen exam board, otherwise it won't count. For example, I'm doing my Biology through Edexcel and am using Pembrokeshire College in Wales to complete my practical endorsement because they follow the Edexcel curriculum.
    As for the 1 vs 2 year, it really depends on you, and how confident you are in your learning abilities. There are tonnes of resources online from videos to other people's notes but if you're planning on doing it in one year, you're going to have to be super determined, organised and motivated. You'll need to plan your weeks in regards to how much work you're going to do in each subject to ensure you complete the subject in time for the exam plus at least 1 month free to revise. It's super important to do constant revision, especially if your trying to do it in one year as you try rush though everything to make it in time as certain things can get left behind or forgotten.
    But in all, it's totally doable and really fun because you learn at your own pace and often have a little more time to learn about things that interest you the most !
    I was thinking of doing A-level biology Edexcel in one year, NEC looks the most promising but they haven't confirmed the practical endorsement yet. Where are you currently living if you don't mind me asking that, Just wanted to know because you're doing bio BTW I live in london.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shah96)
    I was thinking of doing A-level biology Edexcel in one year, NEC looks the most promising but they haven't confirmed the practical endorsement yet. Where are you currently living if you don't mind me asking that, Just wanted to know because you're doing bio BTW I live in london.
    I'm also doing Edexcel Bio in one year
    I live in Birmingham and can say I'm pretty happy with N.E.C so far, its really great having a reliable tutor who can mark assignments and answer questions etc. I'm struggling to find somewhere to do the endorsement but I found a place near me and am waiting for N.E.Cs reply. Are you taking any other subjects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmbaJade)
    I'm also doing Edexcel Bio in one year
    I live in Birmingham and can say I'm pretty happy with N.E.C so far, its really great having a reliable tutor who can mark assignments and answer questions etc. I'm struggling to find somewhere to do the endorsement but I found a place near me and am waiting for N.E.Cs reply. Are you taking any other subjects?
    Ohh is it?? Finally someone who's actually doing edexcel with NEC:bigsmile: that's good to hear. I'm from London It will be very helpful if you can tell a bit more about your experience in terms of bio content, how useful NEC is helping you with it?
    I will be contacting them this week for enrollment hopefully!

I am in the same boat cannot find reliable institution that does practical endorsement and I need it for my uni. Did you ask NEC about endorsement if they know any particular place? And if you don't mind can you tell me about the place you have found, you can pm me if you want!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.