The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Nah that sounds repulsing disgusting and I would not be able to get intimate with them as it's sickening
Original post by the bear
if you are in love then physical appearance does not matter :h:

How would you love someone before you even went on a date with them?

I personally wouldn't no :puke:

And I assume the morbidly obese people you saw in the documentary had been with their partners from before the massive weight gain. They must really love and care for them if they didn't leave despite the fact they're no longer able to do simple things like walk or get in the shower.
Personally, I don't think I could. I'm with someone who is overweight but nowhere near the point of being morbidly obese and unable to move or take care of themselves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No.

Just couldn't.
Reply 25
I would rather be force fed my own poo than shag a fat girl
Original post by La Mush
I would rather be force fed my own poo than shag a fat girl

Guess that shows how much you like your own poop.
Interesting point
Original post by neal95
Nah that sounds repulsing disgusting and I would not be able to get intimate with them as it's sickening

:rofl: I woke everyone up with this laugh -___- I wasn't expecting this for a comment
Original post by Spock's Socks
Personally, I don't think I could. I'm with someone who is overweight but nowhere near the point of being morbidly obese and unable to move or take care of themselves.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea one lady well I'm sure them all but I could only sit through so much of the programme lol but one woman had to be just like wiped down in her bed, she never left it. Like the dr said she was basically killing herself and her husband was helping her to die :s-smilie:
I'm sure the woman who got stuck in the tub or toilet whichever one the producers must've told her to get in there :colonhash: liek come on she should know by now she can't fit :s-smilie:
Original post by mulberry1
Their weight would have to be almost 100% for medical reasons. Even 70% medical and 30% gluttony and lack of self control would turn me off.

No? Not a medical reason that got them that big, no. Afterwards they developed many problems sure. Most of the morbid obesity is self inflicted...
Original post by the bear
if you are in love then physical appearance does not matter :h:

what? :rolleyes:

Original post by Nimrahk123
I don't want to be mean, but I don't think I could.

It's not mean, you're entitled to feel how you want! Not like you insulted them :smile:

Original post by ScienceFantatic
How about if they were skinny and got morbidly obese while you were in a long term relationship with them?

Why would you just sit back and watch someone gain 200lbs :indiff:
Original post by Ishax
This sounds very shallow but I work hard to keep my weight in check and that I'm healthy etc. I'd expect my boyfriend/partner to do the same.

I need to be physically attracted to someone aswell, for me to be in a relationship with them.

Understandable

Original post by Frappé
maybe their partners were with them before they got so big?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is no maybe, they all said how they met as if the interviewers also were wondering lol
they met in chatrooms, and catfished or revealed later in the game, or the person was chubby chaser, something like that
I wasn't wondering how you can love someone so big, apparently they can find love, I was just wondering is this more common than I thought and so far no.

@SophieSmall I've read some of your posts :colone: you seem to openly be against this kinda stuff amirite?
No. I don't find it attractive and as sad as it may sound, being physically attracted to someone does plays a role when it comes to relationships. Isn't that what kinda differentiates a friend from a partner? I wouldn't mind being friends with them.

I wouldn't go as far as some people and call it 'disgusting'. It's not appealing, no, but I'm sure a morbidly obese person already knows that. They often have psychological problems and didn't have help when their whole excessive eating thing began.

It's a sad position to be in.
Original post by Sternumator
How would you love someone before you even went on a date with them?

Online dating.

Pretty the person meant that you should focus more on the personality than outer appearance. As in, you fall in love with them, not their appearance.
(edited 7 years ago)
Depends who they are as a person, I would not be physically attracted to them, but, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eternalflames

I personally wouldn't no :puke:

And I assume the morbidly obese people you saw in the documentary had been with their partners from before the massive weight gain. They must really love and care for them if they didn't leave despite the fact they're no longer able to do simple things like walk or get in the shower.

No, even though I'm not sure why you'd assume that? Are you saying those people can't find love at their weight...? It was some series on Discovery Home and Health lol and several episodes they had met as I said above in like chatrooms at that weight, or had chubby chasers,etc
Original post by Legendary Quest
Online dating.

Pretty the person meant that you should focus more on the personality than outer appearance. As in, you fall in love with them
, not their appearance.

Yea exactly as I was saying lol did you see it? :rofl: that's how a lotta them met they were like deceived or straight up in the beginning
Original post by 0to100
Yea exactly as I was saying lol did you see it? :rofl: that's how a lotta them met they were like deceived or straight up in the beginning

Bloody catfish. :colonhash:

Some people genuinely don't care about weight though. I guess if you care for them daily you start to think of them differently because you understand them. And the Catfish people.. Well.. I guess they are already in love with them anyway? Some of them are overweight themselves so they really don't care. :redface:

Latest