Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Will there be an award for best comic strip artist?
    I doubt it, every "comic strip" I have seen on here was making fun of a mod.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    That's so unfair as well, as the mods do a superb job and don't try to dictate and abuse their power.

Justice in the world today ehh. :rolleyes:

Come on moncal, do the macarena!

ReputationRep:
    Interesting...

ReputationRep:
    what award do i get?

ReputationRep:
    Well basically I did think of it but never confirmed it. Most awards are anually, and so the UKL awards shouldn't really be an exception.

At the end of the day it came down to me being to busy trying to keep UKL clean and working to take it on and I don't want to delegate the awards.

It doesn't really seem to be appropriate at the moment some how. I don't feel the board is mature enough to handle it in some ways and I don't want them spoilt.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting...
    All of them were by dazyaa(insert favorite random alphanumeric) making fun of Ollie. Oh wait, I saw one by someone making fun of dazaa(insert favorite random alphanumeric)>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    Well basically I did think of it but never confirmed it. Most awards are anually, and so the UKL awards shouldn't really be an exception.

At the end of the day it came down to me being to busy trying to keep UKL clean and working to take it on and I don't want to delegate the awards.

It doesn't really seem to be appropriate at the moment some how. I don't feel the board is mature enough to handle it in some ways and I don't want them spoilt.
    Oh.

ReputationRep:
    Oh.
    Theres not much point doing it unless I do it in July and at the moment it doesn't seem likely that we could do it without the board making it a chore and ruining it generally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    Theres not much point doing it unless I do it in July and at the moment it doesn't seem likely that we could do it without the board making it a chore and ruining it generally.
    How long did it take to set up last time?

ReputationRep:
    How long did it take to set up last time?
    It was in 2 stages, nominations and voting. Now the format is set, (and not debatable!) it should be quicker but we're looking at 2 weeks which is much less than last time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    It was in 2 stages, nominations and voting. Now the format is set, (and not debatable!) it should be quicker but we're looking at 2 weeks which is much less than last time.
    No reason we should cause more work for ya'll.

ReputationRep:
    No reason we should cause more work for ya'll.
    Trust me, I'd love to do it, but untill people stop getting so wound up about everything and people stop making mod life hard I can't spare any UKL time and then we're intruding into my personal life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    Trust me, I'd love to do it, but untill people stop getting so wound up about everything and people stop making mod life hard I can't spare any UKL time and then we're intruding into my personal life.
    I think it should just wait until the end of of the year, like the last awards. If people are still acting like total pricks at that point, maybe just set it to afew select categories. I never did like the bi-anual idea, considering the fuss that went up over voting and so forth :rolleyes:, And I think it would take away from the fun of it all if it were to take place more often. Thats my oppinion anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, what are the award catagory?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Out of interest, what are the award catagory?
    Ukl awards 2003

I'm assuming the categories will remain simular if not the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Ukl awards 2003

I'm assuming the categories will remain simular if not the same.

depends if the votes are looking as if theyre going in the "right" direction

ReputationRep:
    I'd say there would be about 20 awards to do.

Which part of the awards procedure would be hardest to do?

ReputationRep:
    Most Controversial Member? Interesting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    Oh please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    Lol.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.