Community Assistant
    makeup
    Spoiler:
    Show
    y'all don't need it k
    ur too beautiful for makeup
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    hate most of it tbh. wearing makeup looks good for some people in photos. yet, it all looks fake in real life. i do appreciate mascara and concealer though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saladays)
    I admire make up and have no issue with people wearing it...

...But every girl seems to look like this!

Attachment 562130

It's like they can only be content at a slight angle with pursed lips.
    Omg thisss kylie Jenner wanna bees 😑

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if it's a current trend but I've seen it a couple of times in beauty videos - heavy eyeliner with long wings and without much other eye makeup. It just looks harsh and obvious.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maestosa)
    I don't know if it's just a trend but I've seen it a couple of times in beauty videos - heavy eyeliner with long wings and without much other eye makeup. It just looks harsh and obvious.
    I agree, needs to be balanced out more to look better

Nearly all of it tbh
    Especially all that contouring, highlighting and pale lip colours.

(Original post by ?Hannah)
    hate most of it tbh. wearing makeup looks good for some people in photos. yet, it all looks fake in real life. i do appreciate mascara and concealer though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Every girl looks practically the same omg

ReputationRep:
    I don't like any of the them because they are all ... made up

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:

Attachment 562130

There is no variation anymore among women.

everyone wants to look like KYLIE JENNER!

ReputationRep:
    kind of just everything HudaBeauty seems to come up with...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    kind of just everything HudaBeauty seems to come up with...

LOL.
    Have you seen clown contouring?!

ReputationRep:
    Not a fan of excessive anything: contouring, highlighting, eyebrows and lips.

There's a lot to be said for the retro look where makeup is used to flatter your features rather than annihilate them.

ReputationRep:

Attachment 562130

Bottom left corner... those eyebrows that looks like someone put a stencil over your forehead, got an aerosol can, and just sprayed them on. Why is this attractive again?

(Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    x
    Took me until the second to last photo to realise this wasn't all pictures of the same person... Jheeze.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Drawn on eyebrows. Hate them, unless there's a medical reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hate when girls over line their lips and use too much highlight, it's just awful.

ReputationRep:
    Generally trying to morph yourself into Kylie Jenner. Lol, seriously tho the brow has gotten pretty out of control and so has contouring. They've become more about legit sculpting as opposed to enhancing which is fine I guess, if you do it well. But it just looks like a very specific look as opposed to making you look a little better which was the original point. Not into ombre lips, I did like halo eyes when that was thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    There is no variation anymore among women.

everyone wants to look like KYLIE JENNER!
    To be fair comparison number two was actually part of an interesting school project where a girl was trying to emphasise how ridiculous it is to aspire to look like Kylie because of all the stages required (she had a makeup artist do it). But I 100% agree and I don't really get it either. I mean she's beautiful but so are many young women in the public eye. It's just kinda crazy that there is literally no one else people are trying to emulate on a notable scale as far as makeup goes. Maybe Kim but that's just some OG angle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreadfuse)
    To be fair comparison number two was actually part of an interesting school project where a girl was trying to emphasise how ridiculous it is to aspire to look like Kylie because of all the stages required (she had a makeup artist do it). But I 100% agree and I don't really get it either. I mean she's beautiful but so are many young women in the public eye. It's just kinda crazy that there is literally no one else people are trying to emulate on a notable scale as far as makeup goes. Maybe Kim but that's just some OG angle.
    Kylie is pretty. But come on she does not deserve to be worshipped and have people spend 100£ on makeup to look like her!

ReputationRep:
    Most of it.

ReputationRep:
    lip stick

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.