Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How privileged are you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Too many bloody questions but I gotta say out of the 1st 10 odd questions I checked only the 1st question and then another one about being the only one of my colour (in this country no of course I'm not the only white guy walking around :rolleyes:).

But I found myself not being able to check the one about facing discrimination and hatred for my race (always called white boi) or being mocked for my accent (I'm a Brummie) and **** like that. Not that I care :rofl: but the quiz is rubbish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wildleaves)
    I'm interested in how these factors are decided...
    I also forgot to add if you’re cis (when you choose to stay with the gender you were born with).

This is because white, heterosexual, cis males are not oppressed. Please tell me how you would ever be racist, sexist, transphobic or homophobic to someone who is white, hetero, cis and male.

Thing is, you can’t! You’re privileged, use it to your advantage by helping minority groups and whatnot. Just acknowledge your privilege and stop trying to be oppressed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got 47 out of 100, and it still says I'm not at all privileged. Damn

ReputationRep:
    You live with 55 out of 100 points of privilege.
    You're quite privileged. You've had a few struggles, but overall your life has been easier than most. This is not a bad thing, nor is it something to be ashamed of. But you should be aware of your advantages and work to help others who don't have them.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I scored 44 out of 100 - not privileged

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dexterminate)
    I also forgot to add if you’re cis (when you choose to stay with the gender you were born with).

This is because white, heterosexual, cis males are not oppressed. Please tell me how you would ever be racist, sexist, transphobic or homophobic to someone who is white, hetero, cis and male.

Thing is, you can’t! You’re privileged, use it to your advantage by helping minority groups and whatnot. Just acknowledge your privilege and stop trying to be oppressed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd just like to point out that being in a minority group doesn't mean you're opressed. Being gay in New York and Texas are two very different experiences, for example. I personally haven't faced any significant issues because I'm bi or trans. Perhaps the odd comment, but mostly people are lovely about it. That's probably because I go to a good school, live in not a progressive area but one where people keep to themselves, and I don't really go out much. On the other hand, a white Christian living in an area dominated by Islamic extremists (I mean extremists, not any old Muslim, nothing wrong with the many peaceful Muslims) would likely face some opression. While some groups are more likely to face oppression in the UK, it depends on your personal life circumstances a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wildleaves)
    I'm interested in how these factors are decided...
    By people like this:

Funnily enough, going by the SJW logic - I'm basically more privileged than that gay son of Will Smith lol.

ReputationRep:
    Took the quiz. Turns out my privilege level is over 9000

ReputationRep:

What a ******** test. It took so long I think I've developed the autism. I guess am just anuva' whiteboi smh

ReputationRep:
    Buzzfeed = joke of the internet.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    25/100
    White cis male who goes to private school and goes abroad every year, this thing is a bit weird. I guess it's because I've been attacked because of my religion, discriminated against because of my race and my sexuality has been used to attack me.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all

ReputationRep:
    "You're not privileged at all".

Don't really agree but, well, it's BuzzFeed...

ReputationRep:
    You live with 51 out of 100 points of privilege.
    1. You’re quite privileged. You’ve had a few struggles, but overall your life has been far easier than most. This is not a bad thing, nor is it something to be ashamed of. But you should be aware of your advantages and work to help others who don’t have them. Thank you for checking your privilege.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm thinking it's only high because I go to a private school.

ReputationRep:
    Too many Americanisms in it, so stopped after a bit due to annoyance.

ReputationRep:
    65 out of 100

ReputationRep:
    There should only really be one question to this

"Do you have access to a computer with internet, and are therefore able to access this quiz? Congratulations! You are privileged!"

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-07-17 at 12.35.40.png
Views: 92
Size:  68.4 KB
    Blessed and grateful!

ReputationRep:
    62/100, quite low for a "cis white male".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dexterminate)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Actually by your definition i'm oppressed. But I shouldn't have to tell you that. That is the biggest load of *******s i've ever read on the internet.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.