Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Pokemon Go

ReputationRep:
    Primarily: Calls, texts, and notes.

I also make sure that I have at least two offline map apps on my phone just in case I ever get lost somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Calls and texts
    Synchronised diaries
    Emails
    Evernote
    Whatsapp
    Google maps
    Kindle
    Amazon
    Weather
    Social media (twitter, mainly)
    News
    Transport for London

ReputationRep:
    I use it to check on my business while away from a computer, and for the odd Google search. Maps are very handy too. Aside from that, I just use it as a normal phone.

I don't use any social media apps. It infuriates me when people check their phone every 5 seconds for notifications when you're having a conversation. I'm not that desperate.

ReputationRep:
    Calling people
    Snapchat
    Facebook
    Email
    Piano tiles
    Candy crush (not anymore though)
    Browsing the web

ReputationRep:
    They make non smartphones nowadays?? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I am using smartphone for many purpose.
    Social Networking
    Talking over internet
    Capturing Photos
    Playing Games
    Watching Movies
    and many more.

(Original post by 2003johnson)
    I'm thinking about buying a smart phone. How useful are they? What do you use your smartphone for?
    Basically nothing anymore because I got it years ago and it's long since given up the ghost, except the ability to text/call which is why I keep it. Still, it's not great at that at times so I use fb messenger (from my iPad) for most of my communication.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.