Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My younger brother has no respect for me (violent + swearing) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My brother is now 12 years old and I'm 18, I don't know if it's hormones but nothing can excuse such A-hole behaviour.

We are about to leave for a really long car journey (speaking of which I shouldn't be on tsr but I am so angry), I told him to shower and get dressed, he started swearing at me and kicked me in the stomach (he is stronger than me and taller than me so it actually hurts me and my lower stomach really hurts now ).

The other day he pushed me into the sofa really hard by my neck because I was in his room, so I bit his arm and scratched him to get him to stop and he still wouldn't stop hurting me. It scares me that he thinks it's okay to hurt people like that, especially someone smaller than him.

My mum hardly says anything to him, she often says things like "my son is so strong" and little does she know she is probably raising a disgusting little woman beater.

I told her what he just did and she just got angry with me telling him what to do even though I was trying to help her because a minute ago she was moaning about how we are all not ready yet etc.

HOW DO I GET HIM TO RESPECT ME???
    A good slap would probably do a lot to sort this situation. 12 is above the age of a child in the UK. He's really old enough to know that the things he's doing will hurt people

Also, you need to try and record him swearing and being violent and show it to your family. Maybe then they'll do something.

ReputationRep:
    It's honestly not funny, my mum finds it funny. She say "Hahah he is just a kid" (she just said that now). I am so angry.
    Lol he is a 12 year old boy and you are 18. So you should act like a grown up and either put some sense into him like a grown up or do what I advised you to do. Try to get to his good side and become good elder sister so he wont be able to say anything to you. Or you can just waste your time complaining here its up to you.

ReputationRep:
    My brother is now 12 years old and I'm 18, I don't know if it's hormones but nothing can excuse such A-hole behaviour.

We are about to leave for a really long car journey (speaking of which I shouldn't be on tsr but I am so angry), I told him to shower and get dressed, he started swearing at me and kicked me in the stomach (he is stronger than me and taller than me so it actually hurts me and my lower stomach really hurts now ).

The other day he pushed me into the sofa really hard by my neck because I was in his room, so I bit his arm and scratched him to get him to stop and he still wouldn't stop hurting me. It scares me that he thinks it's okay to hurt people like that, especially someone smaller than him.

My mum hardly says anything to him, she often says things like "my son is so strong" and little does she know she is probably raising a disgusting little woman beater.

I told her what he just did and she just got angry with me telling him what to do even though I was trying to help her because a minute ago she was moaning about how we are all not ready yet etc.

HOW DO I GET HIM TO RESPECT ME???
    makes my blood boil but the nuts are what you go for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vegito)
    Lol he is a 12 year old boy and you are 18. So you should act like a grown up and either put some sense into him like a grown up or do what I advised you to do. Try to get to his good side and become good elder sister so he wont be able to say anything to you. Or you can just waste your time complaining here its up to you.
    idk what kind of pushover you are but she doesn't owe the kid a god damn thing

ReputationRep:
    As an older brother, you have to assert your authority and demand respect from him.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.