Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you get flies and moths in your house? watch

ReputationRep:
    Just get a thick Game of Thrones book and kill the *******s. That's what I do.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I have double netted my windows this year, not a single fly or moth!

(Original post by Inexorably)
    I have never ever understood people's disdain for moths, they're just smaller butterflies? kinda cute.
    Moths leave a disgusting residue, it's like they're leaking. Sometimes you see horrible flakes falling off them as they fly. :grumble: Nasty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funnycatvideos)
    Just get a thick Game of Thrones book and kill the *******s. That's what I do.
    You can't ruin your books like that..

ReputationRep:
    For the past week my house has looked like an OXFAM advert. Flies constantly dancing on and off my ****ing arms. Freaking out the dog. In one day I killed 33 of them with my mum's slipper. The floppy slipper is the perfect weapon. Light enough not to create a detectable air current, yet robust enough to smash those ****ers to oblivion.

Still the next day they always return with reinforcements. I have trained my family in the ways of the slipper. Tomorrow may be our Isengard.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but not as often as last year. I keep my screen door close, and rarely do flies get in. Moths are a different story. The last time there was a moth in my house was last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    I have double netted my windows this year, not a single fly or moth!

Moths leave a disgusting residue, it's like they're leaking. Sometimes you see horrible flakes falling off them as they fly. :grumble: Nasty.
    I've never encountered this but that does sound pretty disgusting
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    The problem with this weather is you open the windows to let fresh air in but then the house is full of moths and flies that just fly around in circles underneath the light but won't leave the house!

Anyone else have this problem?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Only the people who stink.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I have the same problem. I don't stink.

ReputationRep:
    got loads of flies but thats bcuz the door mostly stays open on nice days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    You can't ruin your books like that..
    Nothing actually gets on them oddly enough. I suggest using A Dance with Dragons part one. It's black like the entrails of them. It gets on the walls and not the book. I should re-read A Feast for Crows.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    The problem with this weather is you open the windows to let fresh air in but then the house is full of moths and flies that just fly around in circles underneath the light but won't leave the house!

Anyone else have this problem?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't open windows

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do, I will occasionally walk into a room and just out of the corner of my eye see something on the wall/ceiling and look at it a moth. The flies are really annoying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    I don't open windows

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What do you do when it's hot then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scorpion95)
    Yeah I do, I will occasionally walk into a room and just out of the corner of my eye see something on the wall/ceiling and look at it a moth. The flies are really annoying
    Yeah!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.