The Student Room Group

Atheists/Anti-theists, how many religious friends do you have?

Scroll to see replies

I'd say around 20% are religious, not very though.
Reply 21
All are Muslims.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
All are Muslims.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shock
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Many people may be surprised to know that one of my closest friends at Uni is a devout Muslim. The rest are non-religious.

Not at all surprised. Your comments, as far as I can remember, have all been perfectly reasonable, no hatred or "Islamophobia" as far as I remember.
Ages 5-15 my two best friends, arguably my only friends, were one Muslim and one Anglican Christian. 15-18 were all Muslims given I was living in Egypt where Christians are few (10 millions is not really few but proportionally few) and atheists are no where to be found. Now I don't think I have any friends at all actually. I don't go out with anyone and 85% of people at my class either failed and dropped out of college or moved to other colleges.
Original post by Lil Chano
As above. Same question but in reverse for religious believers.

I'm a Christian and my group of friends consists of both including a couple who really don't like religion. I really don't really care what religion other people are but religion seems to bother quite a few people on here and a couple even think that all religious believers are stupid.

I'm Roman Catholic. Many of my friends are either RC or Anglican (albeit not strict adherents) but I do have quite a few atheist, agnostic and militant anti-theist friends. I have a very small handful of Muslim friends too. The anti-theist group can be quite hard - one friend in particular is extremely rude and talks a load of BS about religion. We fell out for about 6 months over her rudeness because I got fed up of it. We now have agreed not to talk about religion and when we do, she will try not to be a douchebag and I will try to be less offended :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by XOR_
Shock

Shock horror!

Posted from TSR Mobile
All of my closest friends aren't religious in the slightest.. I know two girls who are Christians but that's about it lol
None.
Reply 29
Very few.
Reply 30
Lol read title wrong.

All my friends are religious and believe in god.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am an atheist and all my closest friends are also atheists.
Original post by HAnwar
All are Muslims.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought you were a Muslim?

All of my friends. They don't know I'm Non-Muslim though so...:erm:
Reply 33
Original post by Vikingninja
None.

Original post by alow
Very few.

Follow up question: Why? Is it because you find them 'idiotic' or they force their religion on you? Or simply because you just haven't met any that you like?
Original post by Lil Chano
Follow up question: Why? Is it because you find them 'idiotic' or they force their religion on you? Or simply because you just haven't met any that you like?

Any religious people I knew were in different friendship groups at secondary school, didn't meet any religious people at 6th.
I'm an atheist that somewhat identifies as anti-theist. I go to a grammar school where a significant majority of the students are atheist/agnostic or similar, so I haven't really became close friends with anyone religious. Despite this, one's religious affiliation wouldn't push me away, it is just dependant on how they express it. I do have a few, fairly distant friends, which happen to be somewhat religious, but that doesn't really influence my relationship with them.
Dunno, never crops up in conversation.
Reply 37
Original post by Akamega
I thought you were a Muslim?

All of my friends. They don't know I'm Non-Muslim though so...:erm:

The OP is directing the question at both religious people and non religious people.

I suggest you tell them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest