Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is an excellent bill! We need to improve our airports and make them the greatest in the world, so that people would come here and admire how great our airports are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Nay. Already EU air quality limits are breached at Heathrow.
    Who cares about the EU's regulations? They are killing this country, and the more we obey their rules, the less of a country we become.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    Who cares about the EU's regulations? They are killing this country, and the more we obey their rules, the less of a country we become.
    I care about air pollution and noise. *And the impact on peoples health. I do not want to gove BA a larger monopoly either, as the T5 shambles yesterday would happen more often.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I care about air pollution and noise. *And the impact on peoples health. I do not want to gove BA a larger monopoly either, as the T5 shambles yesterday would happen more often.
    There is going to be air pollution if you have planes flying around waiting to have a runway available to land, as there are not enough runways. Having another runway would solve this problem. For noise, it's already an airport and planes come in and out all the time, so I do not see how a third runway and sixth terminal would make much difference. If the people living near the airport dislike it so much, they should move somewhere else. Also, expanding the airport does not necessarily mean giving BA a larger monopoly. There are other airlines that use the airport as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    There is going to be air pollution if you have planes flying around waiting to have a runway available to land, as there are not enough runways. Having another runway would solve this problem. For noise, it's already an airport and planes come in and out all the time, so I do not see how a third runway and sixth terminal would make much difference. If the people living near the airport dislike it so much, they should move somewhere else. Also, expanding the airport does not necessarily mean giving BA a larger monopoly. There are other airlines that use the airport as well.
    There will be less noise if we expand Gatwick and/or regional airports, and if we reduce the number of flights from Heathrow to places such as Paris when the alternative of electric high-speed trains are there. *Freight and cargo planes could be moved to alternative airports as well. *The additional noise and number of people who would be affected by a third runway is large.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Please send this bill to the Division Lobby for a vote.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    Please send this bill to the Division Lobby for a vote.
    This will happen tomorrow.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Division! Clear the lobbies!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.